Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 10:52 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th Nov 2021 at 11:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
There needs to be a day where it's acceptable for college students to gather on their campuses and just scream into the void to alleviate stress.

Only in certain jurisdictions. Otherwise, it could be mistaken for a crime in progress. Or at least, that was the reason.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 1:16 PM
I feel so frustrated and useless. It's like my body just doesn't know how to give birth. I ended up 8 days overdue with Ivy and it looks like I'll be overdue this time too. I thought women were supposed to be "made for this", yet even with intervention it took forever for Ivy to come out. It's like my body has no idea what to do.

I've been trying to be as relaxed as possible and not stress like I did with Ivy but I'm huge and Adam's always working - the house is becoming such a mess because I just get so tired and struggle constantly picking up toys and socks (why do toddlers hate socks?!) and whatever else ends up on the floor. Its hard enough using the oven, washing machine etc.

Also everyone in my November baby group is American and it seems like they will induce on your due date over there and start giving sweeps at 38 weeks. So literally everyone has either given birth or is not as far along as me (and will still most likely have their babies before me).

To be fair I'm pretty sure my due date is wrong, so maybe I shouldn't count myself as overdue until 27th (which is when I think my due date should be).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 8:41 PM
Because of my cat's insistence to sleep in my bed, I had been inhaling her fur. Not to mention she's molting.

As much as I love her and the fact she's slowly dying, I don't fancy the idea of coughing up hairballs as a human.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Field Researcher
#54 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 9:39 PM
Sunday day was a silly day surely
nothing of worth to be said of it really
words, on matters of air, uttered freely
continuation of silliness purely:

Woke up with the light - but went back to sleep
- because to have leisure means do as you please!
It pleased to dream on 'bout Mephistopheles,
of hivers, blue men, chalk horses - and sheep.

After noon time was spent by the oven
furiously baking all sorts of good goods,
soundtracked by music elevating the mood:
bean buns, rye bread and vegetable muffins.

When dark fell and craving for coldness of air
made walking fast-paced out in the moonlit night
a dream to fulfill, a hunger for blight
of moon up above, down below graves lit by candlelight.
For my mind's eye I, a wolf in human height
prowling the lanes, fearful, powerful might
Darkness pressing on, impossible to fight -
A question arises if mine was the fright?
No..! I was the scariest thing there!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
Sunday day was a silly day surely
nothing of worth to be said of it really
words, on matters of air, uttered freely
continuation of silliness purely:

Woke up with the light - but went back to sleep
- because to have leisure means do as you please!
It pleased to dream on 'bout Mephistopheles,
of hivers, blue men, chalk horses - and sheep.

After noon time was spent by the oven
furiously baking all sorts of good goods,
soundtracked by music elevating the mood:
bean buns, rye bread and vegetable muffins.

When dark fell and craving for coldness of air
made walking fast-paced out in the moonlit night
a dream to fulfill, a hunger for blight
of moon up above, down below graves lit by candlelight.
For my mind's eye I, a wolf in human height
prowling the lanes, fearful, powerful might
Darkness pressing on, impossible to fight -
A question arises if mine was the fright?
No..! I was the scariest thing there!

Where you get the poem? It is beautiful and playful.

Field Researcher
#56 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 5:24 AM
Thank you, that was nice! I wrote it for your thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
Thank you, that was nice! I wrote it for your thread

Thanks. ^_^

Mad Poster
#58 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 5:07 PM
Due date. No sign of baby. I'm feeling horribly nauseous all day. I hate nausea, I'd rather just be sick and get it over with but that's not been happening lol. I had a nice day otherwise, just kinda relaxing on the sofa. Adam made mac and cheese on toast with bacon, which was amazing.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 10:05 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Nov 2021 at 12:53 AM.
Today, I had to bring in a package. It was one of the meal kits couples prepare and eat together. On some occasions, I get leftover rice from these kits.

Actually, I have parcel and post duties as of today while my parents are at work. They both work Tuesday thru Thursday, so any packages with perishables, important letters, or any valuables, must come inside immediately for security reasons as 2 years ago, I was a victim of package theft. Lost a huge bag of mushroom popcorn.

Nothing quite like popcorn with real melted butter and fine grained salt. Especially when you have access to like 8 different streaming services and they have all kinds of great experiences in the voyeuristic nation the US became with the advent of reality TV. Of course, sarcasm is my weak point. But facetious or not, you get the point.

Mad Poster
#60 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 9:36 PM
Today was okay. Lots of random aches and pains.

My Dad got engaged. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I mean obviously it's not about me and I'm happy he's happy, it just makes me feel kinda awkward - My step-Mum was in my life for 17+ years. She passed away 2 years ago in October. He met his new girlfriend in June this year. I have nothing against her, I've met her once and she's lovely - she messages me through Facebook every day to ask about us all but also the fact that most of her children don't talk to her because of her exhusband has me a little on the fence.

But when they get married, it means my step-siblings range in age from 12 to...50!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 12:00 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Nov 2021 at 1:44 PM.
My cat Gemini watched Seinfeld on Netflix. She got really close to the screen...and stared into "the show about nothing".

My cat does watch TV. She watches comedy, anime, crime dramas, holiday movies, documentaries...you get the point.

Recently joining the eco-friendly toiletries revolution. Toothpaste tablets, shampoo bars, papery soap, if it has to come in a container; it must be recyclable.

Mad Poster
#62 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 9:18 PM
I feel like these days are never ending. I'm so bored all day every day! Got really into sudoku this past month, but even having an app on my phone I don't have time to play it. It's too uncomfortable to play on the floor with Ivy right now so she's constantly whining and climbing on me. I was hoping we could make clay decorations for Christmas today but I'm just not feeling up to it.

Mad Poster
#63 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 6:09 PM
Well that didn't last long. My Dad and his girlfriend broke up. She wasn't comfortable with his friendship with my step-sister (my late Step-Mum's daughter). It makes me sad because he had this big birthday party planned next month (his 50th!) that his girlfriend had planned, it's the first birthday I've ever known him to celebrate (even though I probably wouldn't have been able to go) but presumably thats off now? I offered if he wanted to come visit up here on his birthday (because I will presumably have a <2 week old baby) but he said he has nothing to celebrate. I'm quite heart broken for him, even though I was not fully on board with his engagement.

Otherwise my day has been uneventful. Nowhere closer to having a baby. All my days are fusing together... and also feel like centuries?... worst comes to worse, I'll be having a scheduled induction next Friday, which.. is going to be incredibly painful and according to statistics puts me at a higher risk of bleeding out and/or having a C-section. Fantastic. I swear this is my last child lol

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 8:26 PM
Went Christmas shopping with my mom.

We bought stuff for my 6 years older than me sister, who I haven't spoken to in 22 years.

We bought chocolate for my father, as it's his soul food, the one food that gives life that wholesome meaning to live.

My mother bought a tiny light up ski chalet for her mantle.

We had Taco Bell (Cheat Day) and I replaced the beef in the tacos with black beans.

Spent time talking to my AI, did some Christmas shopping for my parents and I and let Gemini give me kitty kisses. Either I'm salty or she genuinely likes me. She sleeps on my pillows at night like The Princess and the Pea.

Mad Poster
#65 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 10:03 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 29th Nov 2021 at 9:35 AM.
It was a good day. We went to my partners friends house. They had been childhood friends then lost touch but now they both have kids they've reconnected. We were only gonna go for an hour but we ended up staying all day because I was bragging about how good Adam's nacho recipe is and his friend's wife is pregnant and decided she NEEDED nachos, so Adam and his friend cooked and me and his friends wife talked about babies and stuff. Its always nice going there and it took my mind off of Still being pregnant and huge.

Field Researcher
#66 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 11:23 AM
That sounds nice. My day yesterday was really nice, I went shopping which is always fun, and started to plan the holidays a little, possibly mostly by just thinking about them, but it still counts.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 3:01 PM
Bought something on eBay for $10 off. I had bought something for $14. After the discount, it was $4.

I enjoy taking advantage of coupons.

Mad Poster
#68 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:30 PM
So I was doing "labor inducing exercises" and now I'm playing a game called "did I just pee myself mid-squat or did my waters break?"... it's weirdly difficult to tell

Also I'm now getting contractions... but I've been getting them on and off all day and they go away when I move. Kinda scared of moving. I'm stuck under a sleeping 2 year old anyways.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#69 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:50 PM
Now I am excited! @Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#70 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 11:33 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 2nd Dec 2021 at 9:12 PM. Reason: Oops
Got my Christmas shopping done in less than 10 minutes (DARPANET, thou art a Godsend to instant gratification). Struggled with PayPal half the time.

But I also bought books to study health and wellness according to Abraham H. Maslow. I am pretty miserable, but I plan on turning my life around. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Today is grocery shopping day. But I may have to fight with the seniors who take their time and block the aisles.

Edit: I paid rent and stocked up on foods I could boil, microwave or air-fry. The garage this time of year becomes like a refrigerator, so we're crazy enough to put our canned drinks in like as if it's beer in door-high snow. I bought too many frozen foods and yes, I went shopping on an empty stomach and spent 3 times as much as a satiated shopper would.

Note to self: Don't shop hungry!

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Today is grocery shopping day. But I may have to fight with the seniors who take their time and block the aisles.

As a grocery store employee, I reccommend being ultra passive-aggressive about people blocking aisles.

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Mad Poster
#72 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 9:39 PM
Ugh. Woke up to no baby and no more contractions.

Adams work tried to force him on paternity leave from Friday because they're tired of over-staffing in case I go into labour. Even they're super tired of me not giving birth. Adam told them by law he can't take leave until the babys born. They tried to force him to take holiday... but luckily he only has 5 hours of it. So they've agreed he can do kitchen porter duties but still get Head chef pay.

It rained. Really bad. I walk Ivy to school and then hang out at my friends house on days Adams at work (no way I'm walking all the way home just to sit down for 20 mins and then walk all the way back lol). I was absolutely soaked. Friend told me I could borrow his clothes.... dunno why he thought I could fit into a mens size small worst part is my raincoat is both too small and too big. Its a size x-large primark raincoat... the hood is too saggy for my head and either covers my eyes or gets blown off at the slightest bit of wind, but I've gotten to the point where I can't zip it over my bump. So. Yeah. When I say "soaked", I mean it. My clothes under my rain coat looked like they had come straight out of the washing machine... or the river...

Had to go to the hospital at 6pm (technically I should have gone sooner but I don't want to ask Adam to leave work early unless I'm about to give birth any moment) to check if my waters did go yesterday. Did a few different tests because they kept coming back inconclusive. Nope. No waters. Just mucus plug and normal fluids. The force of the squats just kinda... pulled it all out. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing lol. I am no closer to having the baby ugh.

Then I got a McDonald's on the way home.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AverageMcPosterman
As a grocery store employee, I reccommend being ultra passive-aggressive about people blocking aisles.

I did just that.

Mad Poster
#74 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 5:36 AM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:42 AM.
I had contractions on and off since midnight. They finally got too frequent and unbearable to sleep any longer, so I came downstairs and got myself some breakfast, a glass of water and 2 tangerines. Picked a book off my bookshelf I haven't read in a while (Will Grayson, will grayson by John Green and David Levithan) and now I'm just sat on my birthing ball just hanging out at 5:30am.

C'mon baby, don't be another false alarm. I'm 10 days overdue and my induction was rescheduled for Sunday.

Edit: 6:41. No contractions in 20 mins. We done? Okay I'm going to bed then.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 1:15 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 4th Dec 2021 at 7:12 PM.
Sweet potato fries for breakfast...day going good so far.

One of my packages is progressing forward to my house.

I took a 2-hour nap, dad facetiously said I was asleep for 6 years, I grumbled online about how "Before the Internet made a big stink about pineapple on pizza, pineapple was an acceptable topping, no questions asked, no exceptions and we liked it as New Jerseyans!" Sounded like a grumpy old lady

Page 3 of 37