Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:41 PM
Okay, good to know. I've been swamped and haven't been looking at reviews yet--"meh" heard 'round the world, I guess. Definitely sticking w/ TS3 for a while, at least. If someone buys it for me, sure, but I'm not shelling out for it until the modding community has a chance to unbreak it.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:57 PM
Found this on twitter.

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:20 PM
Awww yeah, getting some of the band back together! I see you guys~! >:D

I totally agree with the overall feeling of "Meh" for TS4. It could've been so much more. It just feels empty as Hell. :/

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:44 PM
On the bright side, it doesn't seem to run as bad as TS3...now let's see how well it runs when the files in people's download folders reaches the thousands. I have over 10,000 packages in my TS2 downloads folder and it still runs smooth as hell. TS3 on the other hand...I have a feeling part of the reason it runs so slow is because of the mods and CC that I can't live without

Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Yay, this thread!
And yay, fellow WoW players!

Did you still have that shiny you wanted to trade for my Arcanine?
Forum Resident
#55 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
I added this thread to my sig, too. Hopefully all the old gang will notice and come back.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
TS4 has crashed twice and frozen almost ten times already for me, and I've only actively played it for a few hours total. (My computer can definitely handle it.) I fear it has similar issues as TS3 does.

And now that we're in off topic discussion, does anyone want to exchange 3ds friend codes?

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Field Researcher
#57 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
So I guess I'll come over here and hang out.

I did not buy. I was tempted to give in oh so many times but a serious lack of funds and the promise I made not to give in to EA's shenanigans helped me keep my vows. And now I watch all the people going Hey, this is like TS2! and I think Curse you! Don't tease me! (They're wrong, anyway )

Now I'm just waiting and watching for the DLC to come pouring in. I'm very curious why it isn't up yet and what it'll be. Dishwasher? Trash compactor? Giant scissors to cut the umbilical cord between the baby and the bassinet? Hmm.
Scholar
#58 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darthesp
So I guess I'll come over here and hang out.

I did not buy. I was tempted to give in oh so many times but a serious lack of funds and the promise I made not to give in to EA's shenanigans helped me keep my vows. And now I watch all the people going Hey, this is like TS2! and I think Curse you! Don't tease me! (They're wrong, anyway )

Now I'm just waiting and watching for the DLC to come pouring in. I'm very curious why it isn't up yet and what it'll be. Dishwasher? Trash compactor? Giant scissors to cut the umbilical cord between the baby and the bassinet? Hmm.

I think at this point it has to be an intentional decision in order to avoid any more bad will. I give it a week or two. By then people will probably be asking for some, things feel so empty.
Theorist
Original Poster
#59 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
Saw some of your Let's Talks, lovcat. Thanks for those! I didn't have the attention span to keep going once you hit build mode, but I might go back later.

For the record, I haven't bought TS4 yet, either. Probably won't for a long time, if ever, though it makes me rather sad. I spend an indecent amount of time fantasizing about the kind of life simulator that I wish it was.

Also, count me in for hugs!

Build mode was a bit of a fuster cluck cause I was learning to build while playing it. I probably will do all my building off screen from now on or when I get better at it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thereallovecat - Fancy new channel with new thumbnails, but the videos are out of order since I uploaded them all at once. Boo.

LOL I like that.. The "meh" heard 'round the world. Maybe I shouldn't talk about it so much since I'm doing the Let's Play, but I have plans for other games too like a minecraft let's play and throwback thursday type thing where I play old games from my childhood. Oh geez.. I need to stop talking about myself.

It rained here. I like trains. *gives everyone hugs*

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Instructor
#60 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
It rained here.

I envy you. It's go freaking hot here in Hawai'i, I don't even remember it being this hot before. Damn heat makes me so tired.
Theorist
Original Poster
#61 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
I envy you. It's go freaking hot here in Hawai'i, I don't even remember it being this hot before. Damn heat makes me so tired.

I'm in Texas so it's not that much better, still hot and humid. It was hot sideways rain that was strong enough to toss a few birds around. Poor birdies.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Forum Resident
#62 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:49 PM
Where are you originally from, lovcat? You don't sound like a Texan on your videos (at least not to me).
Theorist
Original Poster
#63 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
Where are you originally from, lovcat? You don't sound like a Texan on your videos (at least not to me).

I'm originally from Texas, it's just being from a big city the whole southern accent is muted, if I talk really slow you can kind of hear a twang and with certain phrases. I say nekkid.

Scholar
#64 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:20 PM
I'm hearing different information about the performance. Some people say it's a lot smoother, but there's also been a lot of reports on freezing or lag. Not sure whether it's because of their hardware or if it has problems like Sims 3. Though I also think it's a little too soon to judge that, for the most part the Sims 3 ran great for me up until I installed the fifth or so expansion. (I also never played legacies so chances are if I was to play the same file for a long time it would screw up.)

The whole thing seems incredibly sub-par. Nothing new seems that notable and we;ve basically regressed to somewhere between Sims 1 and 2.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Alchemist
#65 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest

Hah. The one time I was there, I thought the weather was beautiful, but the Hawaiians were having major emotional troubles. They thought they'd freeze to death, I guess.
But then... I'm from Canada, so.
Alchemist
#66 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheBear
I'll see your hug and raise you a sandwich.

How about some chicken stew to go with that? They're going to turn off my water tomorrow to fix some leaks, so I thought I'd get prepared with some cooking ahead.
Theorist
Original Poster
#67 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
How about some chicken stew to go with that? They're going to turn off my water tomorrow to fix some leaks, so I thought I'd get prepared with some cooking ahead.

Ooo that sounds good. I'm having BBQ chicken and corn of ze cob with some peach cobbler for dessert. Maybe only a small bit of cobbler though. I wonder if there is cobbler in The Sims 4. My sims haven't gotten to the top of the cooking skill. If not, it needs to be added for reasons.

Alchemist
#68 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:59 PM
Ooo that sounds good. I'm having BBQ chicken and corn of ze cob with some peach cobbler for dessert. Maybe only a small bit of cobbler though. I wonder if there is cobbler in The Sims 4. My sims haven't gotten to the top of the cooking skill. If not, it needs to be added for reasons.

Peach cobbler! I have no dessert. *sobs in self pity*
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:17 AM
I was wondering about their DLC store too, to be honest. Surprised there isn't one yet. How long did it take for TS3 to get the store?

I'm not really sure why people keep comparing this game to TS2. Is it because of the loading screens? It's missing so much stuff that TS2 had, I would never compare the two games. :x

@lovcat Whaaaaaat, you're from Texas? Would've never guessed. If it makes you feel any better, husband is from Georgia and the only time I hear his accent is when he says Hill, sounds like Heal.

Field Researcher
#70 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:05 AM
I'm thrilled to have found this thread. I was so sad when the old thread got closed. I didn't really see the harm in it, I think HP was just exhausted from trying to keep up with it.

Anyway, I'm just glad there are a few people who feel the same way I do. I was secretly thrilled when I saw those two bad reviews of TS4 show up on Metacritic, detailing it as everything I suspected it was, and confirming i made the right decision to boycott it. But then a few positive reviews popped up and now I'm back to being confused, angry, and frankly, a little depressed about the whole thing. I guess it would be easier to just buy the damn thing and play it along with everyone else, but I feel like that would be even more depressing.

Fun fact; went to my local EB Games store before September 2nd. Didn't see even one TS4 box on the shelves for pre-order.

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
-Honeywell
Field Researcher
#71 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
I was wondering about their DLC store too, to be honest. Surprised there isn't one yet. How long did it take for TS3 to get the store?

I'm not really sure why people keep comparing this game to TS2. Is it because of the loading screens? It's missing so much stuff that TS2 had, I would never compare the two games. :x

@lovcat Whaaaaaat, you're from Texas? Would've never guessed. If it makes you feel any better, husband is from Georgia and the only time I hear his accent is when he says Hill, sounds like Heal.

I remember Gamespot's review of TS3 criticized it for having DLC available right at launch. Also, early copies of TS3 included a code for SimPoints. So, I guess the online store was ready to go on launch day?

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
-Honeywell
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
I remember Gamespot's review of TS3 criticized it for having DLC available right at launch. Also, early copies of TS3 included a code for SimPoints. So, I guess the online store was ready to go on launch day?

*facepalm* I ordered the fancy shmancy edition with the plumbob USB stick and I do remember having a card for free simpoints in the box. Silly me.

Either they're holding off on the store so they don't get flack for it, or they're busy working on more important stuff like patches.

Pfffft. Made myself laugh.

Theorist
Original Poster
#73 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
*facepalm* I ordered the fancy shmancy edition with the plumbob USB stick and I do remember having a card for free simpoints in the box. Silly me.

Either they're holding off on the store so they don't get flack for it, or they're busy working on more important stuff like patches.

Pfffft. Made myself laugh.

I saw a few posts by Grant on the official forums about how they're unsure with where they're going with the Expansion and DLC.. BULLSH*T! They are without a doubt working on DLC and an expansion pack probably slated to be released in Jan/Feb.

Field Researcher
#74 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:30 AM
I saw a few posts by Grant on the official forums about how they're unsure with where they're going with the Expansion and DLC.. BULLSH*T! They are without a doubt working on DLC and an expansion pack probably slated to be released in Jan/Feb.

I don't get it.

I thought the whole POINT of this series now was to sell high-margin EPs and DLCs. And yet they're still giving us the old "herp derp I dunno, did someone want an EP at some point" line? This franchise is 14 freaking years old, and they STILL don't know how to manage it? It just boggles my mind.

I mean, I understand the base game was a rush job, but with it being as bare bones as it is, I just assumed they'd at least have the first 3 EPs all planned out.

-Honeywell
Field Researcher
#75 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM

Grant said on Twitter multiple times that he knows all about expansions and DLC, but he is not allowed to tell us (obviously). He probably questions the intelligence of the users over at the official forums.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Page 3 of 130