Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#126 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 2:08 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 7th Oct 2022 at 2:25 PM. Reason: I share the result as promised
I forgot how much time left since I started this. Basically I started this right after you said me to do that myself, Frodo. And now it is finally finished, That's what I thought about train station.

Pedestrians will walk along the platform. Taxi crosses the train lines when family first arrives and then all service cars come from back road and job cars come from front road. The railroad covers the lot when you see from a far in certain angle. Was tested on distant terrain which was Sokisims' Service Area, the first neighborhood with two long roads came up to my mind. I have no screenshots in testing because... oh well... my sims for testing are almost naked. I mean they are wearing loincloth (which was put for playtesting too). I think this my screenshots won't pass muster.

I like your platform, Frodo. It is good but maybe.. for tram? Very narrow tram. Like I saw in Lisbon.

@Sokisims your neighborhood is fine as far as I see. I will report in your thread once I will notice any deviations.

Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 5:50 PM
Thanks for offering them @Frodo1990 but I couldn't use them knowing they're for this neighborhood that I'll be playing too! ^^

@Victor_tor Thanks for checking out my neighborhood! Anyway I've been fixing quite a few things during this time, it's just that I took a break because my head was going to explode, so I'll probably update the test file soon. ^^
Theorist
Original Poster
#128 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 6:04 PM
I decided to invent something new system of marking amenities in real estates. There are abbreviations:

BR - as usually, means bedroom. But this one is rather have single bed. Because Victorian british houses are usually tiny. And those could however contain the double beds, but with fireplaces, basins in bedrooms, screens which were popular in Victorian times, there is no space left for double beds, so BR usually means single bed or crib for infant in this neighborhood. Bedroom can be walk-through and even the corridor-type.

+ after BR - means numerous beds for staff. Again after articles I read before, staff had lack of privacy. They could have numerous beds in one room as well was one bed shared by all. So I decided to mark this as +. That means this house could contain at least one sim of staff.

BA - as means bathroom as usually and all that common abbreviation from modern times are the same i. e. 0.5BA means toilet or bathroom, while 1BA means full bathroom with bathroom and flush toilet inside either toilet of shower... Well i think you all know that. The only issue I guess could be that full bathrooms will start from 100.000 prices. As full bathrooms were a symbol of luxury.

+ after BA usually means free room with access to plumbing and sewage. I won't probably use that since The Sims had never had plumbing or sewage pipes.

Aaand I want to invent two new abbreviations: WC and SCLY
WC is actually all you know as water closet. In my neighborhood this is a public toilet stall which can be placed on residential lot indoors as well as outdoors. It can be into set with other rooms as well as can enclosed 3x1 or 3x2 room for stall. In terms of sims privacy the walls doesn't matter because they won't shoo each other and regardless original Sims game had no children allowed on community lots, those stalls can be used by anyone even by children. And I find this is just what I need. I am going with legend that WC means one water closet which goes in set with one scullery. WC is poor man's BA which also consists of toilet and tube but placed with less comfort. About scullery I'll tell in next paragraph.

SCLY means scullery. Scullery in my game is a bath with sink placed next to the kitchen where sims could have clean their clothes or wash the dishes (but they will have bath and bath their kids and pets into it instead). Scullery can have privacy and also can't have it so it can be a little room next to the kitchen either sink and tube placed right in the kitchen with no any privacy. Although if there is a SCLY in lot name you can be prettysure the lot in question has no toilet on it. Only bathing supplies.

Here are some examples:

1BR+ 2.5BA 1WC - lot has 1 master bedroom with numerous bedrooms for household staff. There are master's bathrooms with flush toilet and tube and one room with toilet or tube in it. There is one set of toilet stall and one scullery as well.

1BR+ 1WC - lot has 1 master bedroom with numerous bedrooms for household staff. Although there is just one toilet stall and one scullery for everyone with no bathrooms.

2BR 1WC - two bedrooms for owners with no space for staff, with no bathrooms, but with one toilet stall and one scullery.

1BR 1SCLY - one bedroom with no toilet supplies. The only one tube exists on this lot and possibly it has no privacy.

I hope this will not be too hard for understanding. Tell me what do you think about such marketing? Is not that too complex?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor

1BR+ 2.5BA 1WC - lot has 1 master bedroom with numerous bedrooms for household staff. There are master's bathrooms with flush toilet and tube and one room with toilet or tube in it. There is one set of toilet stall and one scullery as well.

1BR+ 1WC - lot has 1 master bedroom with numerous bedrooms for household staff. Although there is just one toilet stall and one scullery for everyone with no bathrooms.

2BR 1WC - two bedrooms for owners with no space for staff, with no bathrooms, but with one toilet stall and one scullery.

1BR 1SCLY - one bedroom with no toilet supplies. The only one tube exists on this lot and possibly it has no privacy.

I hope this will not be too hard for understanding. Tell me what do you think about such marketing? Is not that too complex?

Nobody will understand who has not read this post at MTS. Put the descriptions for the lots as you have stated in the sentences.
Theorist
Original Poster
#130 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Put the descriptions for the lots as you have stated in the sentences.

Hmm. I see the international real estate abbreviations are not that obvious. Well. I could have add a table with houses and mark * with depicting the meaning in final thread same way I made it already in my Plathville. But no pictures this time. This neighborhood comes up enormously huge.

BR - bedrooms with single beds in houses under... I think 500k well enough.
BA - baths as usually
WC - poor man's BA (toilet stall and tube placed anywhere except bath room)
No SCLY if so. Let sculleries, horse stalls with feeders and mold troughs all go as 0.5WC.

Thank you for your kind opinion and
Regards Vic

Mad Poster
#131 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 10:38 PM

BR - bedrooms with single beds in houses under... I think 500k well enough.
BA - baths as usually
WC - poor man's BA (toilet stall and tube placed anywhere except bath room)
No SCLY if so. Let sculleries, horse stalls with feeders and mold troughs all go as 0.5WC.

I think all know BR is bedroom and BA is bath. I use those as well as many of us. But why BR for single bed in houses under a certain price? What would you use for double beds or twin beds? And over 500? Many folks use BA and BR and sleeps 8, or whatever the number is in their lot descriptions.

Isn't water closet used for the bathroom often in the UK? And maybe elsewhere? And SCLY will not ring bell immediately for most folks.
The less you can do in code and just indicate info. in lot description is probably best.
Theorist
Original Poster
#132 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 11:22 PM
I think all know BR is bedroom and BA is bath. I use those as well as many of us. But why BR for single bed in houses under a certain price? What would you use for double beds or twin beds? And over 500? Many folks use BA and BR and sleeps 8, or whatever the number is in their lot descriptions.

I wrote wrong. I'll try to indicate every house in the neighborhood.
Isn't water closet used for the bathroom often in the UK? And maybe elsewhere? And SCLY will not ring bell immediately for most folks.
The less you can do in code and just indicate info. in lot description is probably best.

This is my attempt to indicate somehow the mark of victoriam times but following modern real estates. Most of houses has lady maid's room, nanny's room, other staff rooms. Modern marketing has no anything like that because most hire household staff and I guess any staff living now with masters are rare. I wish to let everyone know that there are special (much poor) rooms in the house for staff. Even they are part of the family, they still live very separate lives.
But at the same time I am almost sure nobody cares and most will do things they like without my complicated notes.
And no. I can not put those info in description because residential houses description is not visible in the Sims 2.

Mad Poster
#133 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 1:26 PM Last edited by daisylee : 14th Oct 2022 at 1:39 PM.
I can not put those info in description because residential houses description is not visible in the Sims 2.

OOPS, this shows how long it has been since I played 2. I uninstalled when 3 came out. I am sure you will figure out what works best.
Theorist
Original Poster
#134 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 4:01 PM
I am sure you will figure out what works best.

I don't think so. On other hand lack of feedback brings me freedom to do all I want. When following MTS regulations of course.
I'd rather let WC exist in real estate abbreviations. There are a lot of residential toilet stalls in this neighborhood. To be exact - in every single house.
Thank you for your attention.
Regards. Vic

Theorist
Original Poster
#135 Old 15th Oct 2022 at 12:19 AM
Good day everyone! Frodo1990, I looked through all yor factories and those all are outstanding. I changed very few of them.
This I think is better without chimneys:

and this was expanded at the end to become more big and complex

I guess this factory you created was inspired by Reddish Mill

Looks marvelous but I missed its iconic chimney which I tried to recreate. Here it is:

Also on the wave of reviewing your buildings I created one more: the tobacco and cigar factory which is my design inspired by your buildings

and based on this blueprint

Thank you for all you effort once more
Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#136 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 3:47 AM
I love them specially the tobacco factory!!!! Its so nice!!!!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 3:28 PM
Oops I forgot to upload the concert hall ( aka old station ) and the telegraph, here it goes!
Good luck with the neighborhood
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Concert hall + telegraph.zip (3.44 MB, 3 downloads)
Theorist
Original Poster
#138 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
Oops I forgot to upload the concert hall ( aka old station ) and the telegraph, here it goes!
Good luck with the neighborhood

I was sorry to interrupt you by such mundane reasons You now can take this fact to your account - your houses are really THAT good so I don't want to miss any single.

Theorist
Original Poster
#139 Old 23rd Oct 2022 at 9:57 AM
Hello guys. This weekend I share you Belgravia rowhouses in its final form and placed as intented

I rebuilt Frodo's lot with another sun angle. Added a mewhouse per lot which is actually one bedroom for equerries. All houses are identical excluding one end-of-row.

Oliver is really clever person. He made the foundation the way it is not flooded once placed on low lands. I am on my way to find out how it's been done. Neither of houses is flooded despite placed close to surface. Hope, this useful glitch can be shared with neighborhood (I guess it will but never sure before I'll share).
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#140 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 9:03 PM
Hello. This weekend I placed all properties created by Frodo1990 in this region. I know this is far from how it is placed in your neighborhood ,Frodo. But I decided to make one area filled with your buildings. And one extra property which is Federal fortress from lot bin. Sagnificantly shrinked and redeveloped by CatherneTCJD. Thank you Catherine and Frodo very much for your input. :lovestruc I wish to add some trees later to make a boulevard.
Still not sure about promenade cobble stone colour. Which one is better? Light cobble or dark cobble?

Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#141 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 6th Nov 2022 at 4:17 PM. Reason: mispell
I furnished this Crocket fields can be found on previos post screenshot which is inspired very much by Frodo1990's Mde Rosmerta Lil Cottage's furnishing. I like how it came up. I made it Ladies club. And it follows very bland idea of designing in pink colours.
This house is more liberal then Gentlemen club. Gents Club had restaurant, billiards, poker tables, piano room, smoking room and library accessibe for men, but crocket field with restrooms are there just for wemen. Hence there is no place where they can communicate. This house has seating area and cottage building with access for ladies only, but crocket field and restrooms are open for both ladies' and gentlemans' communication.

I find it even more looking like Australian Old Colonial Georgian Style then British Victorian.

Forum Resident
#142 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 7:01 PM
Adorable and fun :lovestruc
Theorist
Original Poster
#143 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 7th Nov 2022 at 12:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Adorable and fun :lovestruc

Thank you. Iblike it too. But still not sure about pavement colour.
I am still mess croquet and cricket. So this field came up something like croquet-cricket. with a little bit of mini golf.

Theorist
Original Poster
#144 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 9:02 PM
Helo guys. This weekend I share this change. I changed a little a cottage by Frodo 1990. The origianl is on the left and and my edirion is on the right.

And redeveloped the area to look more like recreational. A lot of things were changed actually. But I have just one screenshot.
I still walk on the edge with placing lots woth basements on lowlands. But my game is might be weird and I don't have any of house basements flooded.

The cottage was placed on different place so the zone mentioned bofore came up still vacant.
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#145 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 6:50 PM
Hello! I did not rise my head last month. Sorry guys.
But I prepared the thread and decided to share one more piece of this neighborhood.
Here it is
I think it's even better than just CFF screenshots. You can download it and see how it looks.

Probably I won't share anything in a meanwhile again because now I am ill and my temperature is quite high in three days. No worries. I will recover. I wish you a merry weekend
Regards Vic

Theorist
Original Poster
#146 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 5th Jan 2023 at 5:06 PM. Reason: Links added
This is St. James Simitarium recreation from Sims 3 Midnight Hollow.

Frodo1990 shared it to me in last year. Best regards to him. It was looking like this:

I recreated it on the same lot. But edition came up very sagnificant. So the only thing remained is brick wall colour.

I recreated it with Midnight Hollow surroundings. With fountains, with paving and fencing. I think it perfect suits British Victorian enviroment.

I will share it eventually in my creator's profile. Stay tuned.
Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Scholar
#147 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 5:56 PM
Masterful. how long have you been working on this hood for?
Theorist
Original Poster
#148 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
how long have you been working on this hood for?

Well. I started it somewhen in March of 2020. I came to start this thread in Christmas of 2021. Eventually this neighborhood is three years in development. In two days there will be two years since I started this thread.

Theorist
Original Poster
#149 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 9:51 PM
Guys the St. James Simitarium has very slow time running on lot. I guess there is a bug with this lot because all other lots in tge same neighborhood has normal time speed.
Any way to solve this issue?
Regards. Vic

Lab Assistant
#150 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 10:16 PM
Guys the St. James Simitarium has very slow time running on lot. I guess there is a bug with this lot because all other lots in tge same neighborhood has normal time speed.
Any way to solve this issue?
Regards. Vic

I don't know if this would be much help, but have you got object hiding off? I doubt it would actually help much, but I find it helps run big lots better for me. Then again you have so many large lots in this hood, that I'm guessing don't have an issue like this.
Maybe you could try saving the lot to your lot bin and place it back in, might reset what ever is causing an issue lot? Or you could have someone else test the lot in their game instead too see if this issue happens to them aswell?

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Page 6 of 8