Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#276 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grooverjamesr
hey thanks for the link to the inspiration gallery!! cool stuff there.

I really would like to know how to do reflective floor tiles but I can't find any info out there on how to create them, I am looking to make something with a wooden or marbled feel to it, it has to be better than that flat white and black checkerboard that came with the game.
Can someone help me please?

reflective, like mirror? You have to work with Shader... like Muranos and Numenor did. Take a look: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=241986

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 9:09 PM
First, I'd like to say how much I love this tutorial. I've been through it a few times now, and it's helped me immensely! Thanks a lot!

Second, this is probably going to be the *dumbest* question on earth, but any suggestions for how to go about renaming a *large* number of wallpapers? Say - 42? *winces* I made them all in Homecrafter, replete with long descriptions (which I'd really rather not have to redo), before I realized it wouldn't name them as I'd titled them. (I hadn't read that far in the tutorial, *blush*.) So now I have 42 walls all named "wallxxohmygod".package and I'd like to rename them properly.

As a side note: I've tried using Sims2Pack Clean Installer to do this, but my version isn't working since I've upgraded to Windows Vista. (When I hover over the name the detail information flickers so you can't read it. Among other problems.)
Field Researcher
#278 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Netjera
First, I'd like to say how much I love this tutorial. I've been through it a few times now, and it's helped me immensely! Thanks a lot!

Second, this is probably going to be the *dumbest* question on earth, but any suggestions for how to go about renaming a *large* number of wallpapers? Say - 42? *winces* I made them all in Homecrafter, replete with long descriptions (which I'd really rather not have to redo), before I realized it wouldn't name them as I'd titled them. (I hadn't read that far in the tutorial, *blush*.) So now I have 42 walls all named "wallxxohmygod".package and I'd like to rename them properly.

As a side note: I've tried using Sims2Pack Clean Installer to do this, but my version isn't working since I've upgraded to Windows Vista. (When I hover over the name the detail information flickers so you can't read it. Among other problems.)

You can batch rename all the Walls using Sims 2 WTF (Wall, Terrain and Floor) Editor @ DJS Sims.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eletrodj
You can batch rename all the Walls using Sims 2 WTF (Wall, Terrain and Floor) Editor @ DJS Sims.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.
Test Subject
#280 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 8:19 AM
Hey I love this tutorial and when I first saw it I couldn't wait to begin, but my new computer won't open homecrafter. It's installed on my computer and the icon is on my desktop but nothing happens when I try to open it... Does anyone know how to make it work? Or can I use another program? I'm new to making stuff so please bear with me if there is an obvious answer
Test Subject
#281 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 8:22 AM
by the way I still run XP not Vista if it makes any differense
Test Subject
#282 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:27 PM
I've downloaded Home crafter over and over, it never works!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#283 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 3:13 PM
Please do not post in this thread regarding Homecrafter issues!

This thread is just for questions relating to doing this tutorial. If you have problems with Homecrafter, this is not the right place. Links have been posted previously in this thread regarding issues with Homecrafter. Follow them and do what they say.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#284 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:49 AM
I tried the tutorial on solving problems with homecrafter plus nothing worked for me, is homecrafter really the only program you can use to make walls, floors and groundcover?
Field Researcher
#285 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 4:53 PM
If your SimPE is on advanced mode you can clone/create new walls and floors. Take a look

Test Subject
#286 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 11:38 PM
thank you very much eletrodj I'll try that. I'm not so good at SimPE but I guess I'll learn that while I learn how to use photoshop :-D
Test Subject
#287 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 11:21 AM
It really annoying me now cause Stupid .net thing does even download the right one all other instrustion seem so easy but downloading that is soo hard!
Test Subject
#288 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 6:46 PM
The Homecrafter Plus doesn't launch.Is there anything I should check or do? Your Tutorial is really marvelous!
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ichigo-chou
For some reason, I don't have Homecrafter. Is there any reason why, or any way I could get it?

If you have vista it won't wont!

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Space Pony
#290 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 5:30 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem with floors created in HomeCrafter...
I make them as the guide says, and save and import them into the game. In the HomeCrafter program the floors look just fine, but when I get into the game and look at them in the catalog I see that they've turned purple. Not completely purple, but they've been giving a purple tint.

I've tried and tried to fix this. I've tried changing the sizes of the floor images, resaving them, remaking them, setting different options, and so on... Nothing changes it.
The walls and ground covers I've made turn out just fine in-game, but all of the floors I make have a purple tint. This isn't the case for all of the floors, just the ones I've made...
Any clue what's going on here?
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 10:35 PM
Thank you for this tutorial. I am just beginning to think about creating. Question. Was wanting to use some scanned photos. My scanner has 300 dpi, 600 dpi and 1200 dpi. Which one should be used? Also, the photo is 8x10 inches. Can it just be reduced to the one size for Homecrater or do you still have to tile? I have Paint Shop Pro. Can this be used instead of Paint.Net? Thank you.
Test Subject
#292 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:27 AM
Is there anywhere where I can get Home Crafter on the mac?
Test Subject
#293 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 11:22 AM Last edited by Swift361 : 13th Apr 2009 at 11:52 AM.
Hi I just wanted to say your tutorial is great but the sims 2 homecraftor does not seem to be working on my Widows Vista any ideas

Swift361
Test Subject
#294 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicketti
Thank you for this tutorial. I am just beginning to think about creating. Question. Was wanting to use some scanned photos. My scanner has 300 dpi, 600 dpi and 1200 dpi. Which one should be used? Also, the photo is 8x10 inches. Can it just be reduced to the one size for Homecrater or do you still have to tile? I have Paint Shop Pro. Can this be used instead of Paint.Net? Thank you.

How come it works on your computer as nothing will work on mine

Swift361
Test Subject
#295 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 12:36 PM
Default Try the link
Try checking this thread, maybe it could help you
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107222

hope this helps
Field Researcher
#296 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 11:36 AM
is there a Homecrafter plus for mac?

why did i pick this username
Test Subject
#297 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 2:48 PM
Great tutorial!I have created my first recolor now.
Inventor
#298 Old 1st May 2009 at 5:15 PM
I wonder why people think that gimp is so bad. I used photoshop for some time, and I couldn't find many differences. I know is better, but Gimp is a great tool! And the latest versions had lots of filters, so I think you must change the part of the tuto that talks of Gimp (or at least put an "Updated" part or something). Anyway is just a suggestion, you're free to do what you want, of course.

Regards!
Test Subject
#299 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:52 AM
erm, the homecrafter don't open.Even after waiting more than an hour or so.
Test Subject
#300 Old 9th May 2009 at 8:27 PM
thank you guys for creating this tutorial, it really explains the questions i had before.
Page 12 of 16