Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

~Homey Touches: The Living Room Set~ 27 New Meshes!

by sweetswami77 Posted 2nd Aug 2008 at 3:15 AM - Updated 30th Apr 2009 at 7:05 PM by sweetswami77 : Added fixed files

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
#51 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 2:44 AM
Are the contents of Homey Touches Living Room Collection.rar included in Homey Touches Living Room Set--ALL.rar?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:16 AM
GOD, ;o)

I'm not sure I understand your question. The collection file doesn't contain any items, it just organizes everything in-game. It goes in your "Collections" folder rather than your "Downloads" folder, and yes, it includes everything in the "Homey Touches Living Room Set--ALL" rar package. Does that answer your question?
#53 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:30 AM
You noticed.
Not exactly. I was asking if the contents of the Collection archive were in the All archive. I infer that the answer is "no": the Collection archive contains the collection package, whilst the All archive contains everything except the collection package. Thus, if I want the collection, in addition to the content, I need to download the Collection archive in addition to the All archive. Correct?

Also, I have --accidentally!-- installed collections in Downloads and had them show up correctly in-game!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#54 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 1:39 AM
Sorry about the late response.

I understand what you're saying now, and you're right. The collection file is not included in the ALL archive. I didn't put it in there because I thought it had to be put in the collections folder to work. But now that I know it can be placed in the Downloads folder, I may start including the collection files in with the ALL archives from here on out. Thanks for the tidbit!
#55 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 2:19 AM
You`re welcome. Thank you.

However, please be aware that I do not have the base game. I have DoubleDeluxe plus a couple stuff packs. People who have only the base game or perhaps that plus a very few of the earliest expansions may need to put collection packages in the "Collections" folder for them to work. I`m not sure just when the change was made, but a few expansions into the series, the restrictions on what goes where were eased significantly. If you do choose to include the collection in the main archive, please warn that users of early titles may need to relocate it for the collection to appear in-game.

Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#56 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 4:52 AM
Dear gawd in heaven - I've been on dial-up speeds for the last 3 weeks and I totally missed this set! Argh thats not good =) Its too gorgeous and I love it! Ty sweet (oh better check my pm's while I am here lol)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#57 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 8:54 AM
Congrats on the Feature!!!! :D

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 6:55 PM
Thanks, Pokedude!! I'm doin' a happy dance...
Test Subject
#59 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 9:05 PM
Thats so amazing, i downloaded all of your furniture sets
Scholar
#60 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 9:28 PM
This Set is Charming! ThankYou for Sharing It!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 1:51 AM
Appreciate you saying so! Thanks so much!
Scholar
#62 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 4:04 PM
This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all of the details, and the fan looks really great!
I don't know much about meshing and recoloring, but I know quality when I see it, and this is top quality! You SO deserve to be featured! Thanks so much!!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Banned
#63 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
Wow! Thank you all so much! I'm glad you like it. So gratifying to know that all those nights spent pulling my hair out and enduring my husband grumbling something about "those damn Sims" were worth it! ;o)

Enjoy!!
YAY its just wow and XD Any more words to add?
Instructor
#64 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 2:48 AM
Fabulous set! :lovestruc I really love the ceiling fan; that's the "crowning touch". Thank you, SS! :p
Pickles

* Pickles *
Banned
#65 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 5:32 AM
Very cool!
Test Subject
#66 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 8:27 PM
This set is absolutely stunning! So warm and inviting. I generally go for the more modern look, but this one is breathtaking and I HAD to have it Thank you for the hard work and making this available to those of us without expansions!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 1:39 AM
Hey, I absolutely love this set. I did come across one issue though. The two-tile sofa table is turned on its side:

So far everything else is looking really good though. Great job!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 6:54 PM
Wow, that's weird! I know that can happen sometimes when the XYZ order gets mixed up when importing the mesh into SimPE, but I haven't touched that file in ages. I must have grabbed the wrong file when re-compressing everything after the server crash. No worries, I fixed it. You'll have to re-download. Sorry about that, but thanks for bringing it to my attention!

#69 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 7:31 PM
...so my copy, from before the crash, is OK, and I don`t need to re-download? [I`m not sure if I`ve used that table yet, so I don`t know if my copy is bad.]

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 10:17 PM
GOD, it should be okay. I hadn't heard from anyone about it before then, and I know I replaced all those files after the crash (not because they were lost, I just did it as a general thread clean-up while I was replacing all the files from my other posts that were affected). I had to re-compress them all, so it's possible that I had two sofa table packages in two different places, although I don't know how. All my sets go in their own folders, and I couldn't locate another sofa table file anywhere. To tell the truth, I have no idea what happened, but I did check this file in the game, and it's working fine, so if you want to be on the safe side, you could always re-download it. It won't hurt anything.
#71 Old 1st May 2009 at 7:25 PM
Thank you. I will, if I notice the odd table in-game, but I don`t think I`ll bother if I don`t. I do still have the original archive, so if you would for any reason like me to [temporarily] attach it to this thread, I can.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 1st May 2009 at 7:40 PM
Thanks, GOD! I'll PM you if I need it. Nice of you to offer!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 11:16 AM
What a beautiful set :lovestruc i absolutely adore the lamps :lovestruc
Thank you for sharing and your wonderful generous policy
#74 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 7:37 PM
You`re welcome. I try to be nice. I like the feeling it gives me. .

Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:07 PM
I <3 this set, its gorgeous! I like it almost as much as your nursery set cause who could go past those muffin chairs and tables!! thanks so much
xx
Page 3 of 4