Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"You're not leaving the house dressed like that, young lady!" - Female Modesty Set (AL)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 1st Sep 2008 at 7:59 PM - Updated 17th Sep 2008 at 3:38 PM by HystericalParoxysm

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:14 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 17th Sep 2008 at 3:37 PM.
Default TFHalterTopEP8
Don'tcha just love how Maxis seems to think all teen females should go around with their navels hanging out? *cough* That was sarcasm, if you didn't realize it. 15 halter belly tops? FOR SHAME!

Mesh Edit: Yes! Default replacement includes default replacement mesh! Removed the 3D ridge which made this a midriff-only mesh. 1202 polys - low, and less than it was before.

Texture Edit: Pulled down the textures so that they fully cover the belly. All textures now meet the regular line for bottoms so that they are a proper, non-belly-top length.

Updated 17 Sept 2008: Fixed issue with the fat morph asploding. Please redownload!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FemaleModestyAL-TFHalterTopEP8.rar (1.26 MB, 8679 downloads)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:18 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 1st Sep 2008 at 8:29 PM.
Default TFBodyDenimVest
A bit of a strange, funky outfit, but just as midriffy as all the rest. Ugh.

Mesh Edit: No

Texture Edit: Added a little coordinating undershirt to cover the belly.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FemaleModestyAL-TFBodyDenimVest.rar (1.16 MB, 5514 downloads)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:22 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 1st Sep 2008 at 8:30 PM.
Default AFBodyBootsCollar
This outfit had some cute designs for punky, funky sims, but it just looked... trashy. Belly uncovered, weird skull designs on two of the shirts, and rips in otherwise pristine jeans. An interesting design but just... too trashy.

Texture Edit: Removed the skulls on two of the outfits, changed the shirt on the black and red one to a proper red shirt (pink? what the hell?!), covered the belly with a little undershirt (with gradient on two), and cleaned up the jeans so they're no longer inexplicably torn.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FemaleModestyAL-AFBodyBootsCollar.rar (1.18 MB, 5562 downloads)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:29 PM
Default AFBodyDressTennis
Actually a pretty cute little outfit, and I didn't hate it, but it's an awfully short dress...

Texture Edit: Added some simple coordinating leggings to make it seem a little bit more covered up.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FemaleModestyAL-AFBodyDressTennis.rar (488.9 KB, 2837 downloads)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:33 PM
Default AFBodyJoggingSuit
Very funky outfit to begin with and cute textures, but there's that dang belly again...

Texture Edit: Added a little undershirt to cover the belly. Also changed the colour of the original undershirt on the grey one from lime green to blue (the green just looked weird).
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FemaleModestyAL-AFBodyJoggingSuit.rar (1.85 MB, 6006 downloads)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:38 PM
Default AFBodyLeatherCorset
One of my favourite outfits from AL... but you can't wear a corset without a proper something underneath (believe me, I know from experience!) and I also know (again, from experience) that fishnets under jeans are darn uncomfortable.

Texture Edit: Added an undershirt to cover the belly, and changed the fishnets to coordinating tights. Also removed the fingernail texturing as it just looked icky, and we have better fingernails as accessories available anyway.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FemaleModestyAL-AFBodyLeatherCorset.rar (1.25 MB, 6451 downloads)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:40 PM
Default AFBodyMandarinJacketCapri
Beautiful base textures, but all that belly! Sheesh!

Texture Edit: Added a coordinating undershirt to cover the belly.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FemaleModestyAL-AFBodyMandarinJacketCapri.rar (1.06 MB, 6754 downloads)

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:56 PM
Awesome HP! I get so annoyed at EAxis for all their bellybearing outfits, how many actual people do you see dressed like that?

I hope you decide to do more of these for other EPs. :D

All I ever wanted was an honest weeks pay for an honest days work. Sgt. Bilko
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:17 PM
These are wonderful and now I will actually use those outfits! Thank you hon
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:19 PM
thank you very much, great idea.
actually I hadn't even seen the outfits except for the npc's since I simply gave up on the stuff ea is doing.
it's just like you said: nice idea, but... wtf?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:30 PM
Ooo, I like these so much better! Great idea! I also hope you do more for the Maxis clothing.
Alchemist
#13 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:38 PM
You're right, some of this stuff is trashy, and some doesn't even make sense! I mean, why wear a jacket that leaves your belly uncovered? Blah. Thanks for the fixes!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:43 PM
These are VERY well done. I'm a big fan of modesty.

One thing: you COULD wear a real, high quality corset without something on underneath it... you just wouldn't WANT to because the oil and sweat on your skin can damage the fabric. A lot of people who wear them on a regular basis usually wear a thin, close-fitting shirt underneath to protect the corset. Also, several corsetier(e)s sell garments specially-made to be worn under the corset. That's probably more than you wanted to know about corsetry, but I've been researching/shopping for corsets for years. I'm a bit of a corset nerd!
Scholar
#15 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:52 PM Last edited by sim~obsessor : 1st Sep 2008 at 10:20 PM.
omg HP...awsome all around
i whould really love to have the corsset default for adults to!

EDIT: o...wait...i didnt read the age...i just skimmed and looked at the pics to see whgat i liked. it is for adults...ok...thanks even more then! :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:59 PM
Sinthe - Preachin' to the choir there, honey. I've been into corsetry for years. I even make my own. Trying to wear any corset laced tight enough to cinch without anything under it isn't just asking to damage the corset - it's -extremely- uncomfortable! You need something between you and the corset or you end up with chafing, and if you're lacing fairly tight, your skin can actually fold underneath which -hurts-! Either way, the originals looked slutty and I didn't like 'em.

sim~obsessor - The corset ones -are- for adults. Adult and young adult. I haven't fiddled with any ages on these.

Eminence Grise
#17 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:22 PM
Hee -- I totally agree with your tastes in clothing, HP. However, the young women where I live DO dress like this (I used to be a college prof so I'm an expert), and I decided some time ago that my sims can be a lot sluttier and less practical than I would ever be. Thanked you anyway since I'm all for modest choices!

What bothers me more than the AL outfits, all of which are more or less wacky anyway, are the too-short tops / too-low skirts and pants, which makes them a lot less flexible in terms of getting various looks for various types of sims. But I guess there are issues with getting those to meet in the middle without clipping.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:28 PM
Yay! I can actually use Ap clothing now.

You are you, and I am me. You do your thing and I'll do mine, and if we end up together in the end, then it's beautiful. --Topanga
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:30 PM
Woo! Very nice fixes.

Inventor
#20 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:33 PM Last edited by roxxy : 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:14 AM. Reason: typo
Thank you for these, now I can actually use some of this clothing as they look so much nicer.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:55 PM
Thank you! I'm more likely to have my sims wear your replacements.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:09 PM
Thank you so much HP!!!I always have that problem!!!oh, this is really nice...but its too short, or its showy for the girls I would like to put them on!!! I really hope you get around to doing this for the other eps!!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:15 PM
As someone who is always complaining that the Maxis clothes for teen and adult females are usually either boring or slutty, it's nice to get something that is neither. All replacements downloaded and will be used -- thank you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:21 PM
These are very nice. I live on a college campus and I never see midriff, but maybe people just dress conservatively here.
Instructor
#25 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
Oh, thank god! If I had your talent I'd have done this long ago -- but I don't, so I thank you from the bottom of my very modest heart.

p
Page 1 of 5