Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 7:33 PM
I don't even know what happened when I was moving my Self Sim's son, Jonah, into a different house. Somehow all of his family relationships got deleted so that now every time he sees his sister on a community lot, he's attracted to her. All of the other relatives still have him on their family tree, but when you go into his house now, it shows that he doesn't have any relatives. A little sad....
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#252 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 1:42 AM Last edited by zauberlinda12 : 9th Feb 2010 at 12:44 AM.
I created a new Sim, Hank. He had the attraction bolt for Kristen Single and no one else.

When he dreamed at night the hearts and harp music played when he dreamed about an old gray haired man. Kristen's face never appeared in his dreams!

I quickly ran through his friends/acquaintances list and that old guy was nowhere to be found.

I'm chalking it up to a glitch and the old guy is really Kristen

EDIT/UPDATE: Ok now it's getting weirder. Hank and Kristen are now married. They were sleeping together and both started dreaming.

They now BOTH get the hearts and harp music for this unknown old balding gray haired dude whenever he appears in their dreams. Neither one dreams of their wife/husband.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zauberlinda12
I created a new Sim, Hank. He had the attraction bolt for Kristen Single and no one else.

When he dreamed at night the hearts and harp music played when he dreamed about an old gray haired man. Kristen's face never appeared in his dreams!

I quickly ran through his friends/acquaintances list and that old guy was nowhere to be found.

LOL that is funny

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Test Subject
#254 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 2:56 AM
I played the Serial Killer challenge, and oddly enough, one of my ghosts is red.

I don't know why. Only one fire has ever happened in the house, and it was put out almost immediately. Plus, the sim wasn't even in the house when that fire went off.

I surprised me is because there's absolutely no way that the sim could've died by fire. It scared me because if I recall, red ghosts sometimes cause fires, and fires are the best way to kill a sim. Useful against other sims for the killer challenge, not so useful for my survival.

Even worse- The death room is currently a room inside the house because there's no room to build a separate building. If it starts a fire, and I'm not prepared for it, my house is going to burn.

D:
Instructor
#255 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zauberlinda12

That was Kristen in a past life, and Hank was his lover at the time.

Note that they can have crushes on people they haven't actually met. One of mine will meet new people and immediately start chatting about a certain townie, with love hearts flying everywhere. This is just a passing crush, because when I look in her relationships box that townie is nowhere to be found. (I don't remember the townie's name, she has tan skin and black choppy bangs.)
Lab Assistant
#256 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 11:43 PM
I guess I have had two that tripped me and i think it was from mods and my own misuse of them.

Custom faces because i hated the default, for a while when the babies went to toddlers they lacked a jaw, some how that resolved itself, or perhaps it was because i was forcing to grow up when the birthday became stuck. I eventually decided to let them die holding the child and it seems to have resolved itself. no one died but it took forever to formulate the face...It maybe the comp taking its time to mesh and draw the new face, seems logical to me.

Second is a sleep anywhere mod,I bought a community lot 'second house' and removed the phone-booth..When time to go home my gal was freaking out waving her arms at nothing there, trying to close shop. I replaced the phone booth and lo and behold a coven of evil witches flew from the lot. I would say it was a coven had to be at least 13.
Field Researcher
#257 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dalpal
The biggest glitch in my game just happened a few weeks ago. Had all the sims in a custom neighborhood dissapear. Their houses were still there, including everything in them, but no people. Maybe the aliens came and beamed them all up. Even after exiting without saving they didn't come back.

that happened to my friend!! Thats so wierd

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Instructor
#258 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:21 PM
Sam, the golden gecko boy:

Ivy was unable to put him down. She put him on the floor, turned around, and he flew back up and stuck to her back. I assume this is a glitch and not an alien baby thing.

(Golden alien skin is by Summersong86.)
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:35 PM
My craziest and most annoying bug was Mrs. Crumplebottom just randomly showing up at my house and walking inside. What made it really annoying is she started to yell at my sims for getting naked to take a bath/shower in the privacy of their own bathroom, even though they really needed a bath.

There wasn't even an option to get rid of her by saying goodbye, I eventually had to use the move any objects cheat code to delete her because she wasn't leaving on her own.
Test Subject
#260 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:30 PM
I thought the way they get the hearts and harp music played about a sim they don't know was when that said sim has a high reputation level in the neighbourhood? Same thing about sims talking with hearts about sims they have never met before? I could be wrong but I have one sim who's a prominent personality (or something like that, max reputation anyway) and he would keep on appearing in conversations or dreams, as it were. Don't think it's a glitch though.

I haven't had many other glitches apart from the usual dogs in floors and stuff, but that's just because they had an error message and I had to reset them. Only had the swimming outside the pool glitch once, but I was trying to kill them anyway, so one drowned in the middle of the living room floor lol.
Lab Assistant
#261 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLittleZilla
A few weeks ago, I had a lot where a couple had just welcomed two twins. The babies weren't even a day old yet, and I decided the mother would be caught fooling around with her old flame. The couple broke up and the mother moved out. I put her on another lot, and she started getting free will motives to "Hold youngster". I zoomed out to find that the two tiny babies were laying on the sidewalk at either side of the house. The weird thing was that while the mother could interact with them if it was her free will motive, there were no interactions available if I manually clicked on the babies.

I exited and went to the older house, the babies were still there with the father. I went back into the new lot, and the babies were still laying on the sidewalk. I waited to see what would happen, they cried and got dirty diapers and were out there for a total of 6 Sim days. I moved the mother out, but the babies were still there with the room mate. When snow came and buried the babies, it was too much. I moved the room mate out entirely and moved her back in. I had to redecorate the entire house, but the 'ghost' babies were gone. .

I had this happen to. One of my sims babies was furious with their father for being a jerky-jerk wad and sleeping with anything that moved (almost quite literally). So I moved the father out with his new pregnant girlfriend and the baby would show up on the sidewalk and just lay there. Eventually I fixed it by playing the other house and letting the baby grow up.

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Field Researcher
#262 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 5:18 AM
When my Sim and her baby

Became One

It was sop scary... I just opened the game and the baby was in side her head, for real!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Scholar
#263 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 6:36 AM
I had a Sim family come home from their vacation home all seemed well. They went about their business but then another transport van showed up. The father and the 2 kids got in but the mother had gone to upstairs to clean a bathroom. The van left while she was still cleaning the shower. The father and two kids show back up at their vacation home that they had just left, the vacation timer showed it was over and it was time to leave.

However I could not call a shuttle, the father would try repeatedly to call but nothing would happen and the mother is nowhere in sight. I could not get them to go back to the main hood. Nothing short of killing them off and then having to resurrect them would get them back. The mother was a whole different story, she was in limbo land. Not in the main hood and not at the vacation home and both of the lots were frozen. She would show up around the hood and she could be invited over but she could not be moved in nor could she be killed. I tried everything to kill her and she simply wouldn't die.

I ended up finding a transporter that had a move in function and got the mother Sim back, this did not fix either lot both of them still showed as being occupied. I could not bulldoze them or move them.

Since the original glitch happened prior to my having installed any CC whatsoever it was not a hack conflict or caused by something I did. I have since learned I probably had a broken portal, I had no clue at the time however and it all lead to my first uninstall/re-install (I've blown up a whole new hood since then).
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BreatheHorror
I'd have to say what happened in this video here: Infants playing video games.

this freaked me out more than anything. i'll probably have nightmares tonight with some freaky black deformed sim running around. oh my god.

apologies for posting again but as i was reading through the entire thread i've thought of some of my most annoying and scary glitches:

1. nannies peeing themselves on babies that were left on the floor (maybe not a glitch as such but it freaked me out that they could do such a horrible thing)

2. one of my gardeners would turn up for work but would walk back and forwards between the plants and not do anything. he stayed there for two solid days, just pacing, before i deleted him.

3. maids cleaning the toilet while my sims were doing their 'business'. talk about impatient.

4. i lost one of my infants once, and this isn't a glitch but freaked me out nonetheless. turns out it was hiding in the snow haha!

5. i would load up the game to play various numbers of times and find that my families were different. some sims had grown up and furniture had been moved, plates were piling up and bills were unpaid. i thought my game was playing itself behind my back (what the hell? this is what nightmares are made of!) turns out my brother was playing my game while i wasn't home, little ratbag.

6. oh and those stupid cheerleaders in college lots. i had one who did the school cheer for a day straight, like she was caught in an infinite loop. i couldn't stand it anymore and deleted her.

7. on one occasion, a toddler played peekaboo with the ghost of his long dead grandmother whom he didn't even know. i wish i still had the video because it was kind of epic.

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Test Subject
#265 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:48 AM
This scared me.. It was across the road.

Then this (they were cuddling)

And this
Instructor
#266 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 3:33 PM
Haha @ the backwards head. That is scary indeed.

One weird glitch that scared me was when the townie Komei Tellerman visited one of my sims, played with my sim's toddler, held him for a while and then just walked off the lot with the child - never saw that kid again o_0
Test Subject
#267 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 9:24 AM
The creepiest glitch is on my Sims 3 game. I just downloaded some clothes and everything so I was excited. Well, I made a family and I went to make the child. From the list of clothes to choose from, there was this shirt. The shirt was actually for an adult but it was in the child's clothing thing. When I tried the adult shirt on the child it stretched the child's arms at least two times longer than the child itself was. It's hands were deformed to look like hooks. The head of the child was cut off and put where the stomach is. It was so creepy. And it kept on doing it, too. Just out of nowhere the child would look normal and then it would look deformed.
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 3:19 PM
I created a sim and he was generated with a bad face texture (words and red lines) Since the game was just installed, the thumbnails were not generated yet, and when the face thumbnails started to appear, they all had the wrong textured face.
Dinucits: The first picture... it's the evil light! (La luz mala: argentinian popular myth).
Screenshots
Instructor
#269 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 11:42 PM
One weird glitch I had that surprised and worried me for a second. I took a large family of 7 on a vacation that they saved up for and I had just made a hotel that could fit the whole family in one room. They went to Three Lakes and the hotel was right on the lake. Anyway, soon after they got to the hotel it started raining. I let them all continue doing various activities around the hotel anyway. Then the lightning got brighter and brighter every time it struck until at one point the screen was just white. I started to wonder how I would control them if I couldn't see them. I managed to pause it one time between the solid white lightning so that I could get one of the parents to cancel the vacation and head back home. They were only on the vacation for a few hours. And what's worse, once the last few family members were getting in the van to go, the rain stopped and the screen-blocking lightning stopped.
Instructor
#270 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 2:28 PM
The time one of my sim's children became half child/half toy bear after trying to 'talk through' to the sim with the bear. It was terrifying.

Bustin' Out!
Mad Poster
#271 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 4:06 PM
In a new hood I was creating, I tried "invite all neighbors", just to see what would happen. Bad idea! I didn't realize how many people were in the hood..scene gradually froze.

And in one house I had a glitch (that I only have on a "film") where a toddler transitioned to a child but kept his toddler clothes and body size, while his arms and legs were child-sized but SKINNY. They a kitten became a cat - looked normal cat size, but body & legs were long and skinny.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
#272 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 5:22 PM
^Lol^

My worst glitch was when I downloaded the InTeenometer and when I was creating a Sim the camera would go outside and I couldn't make any sims. : ( . I went into a lot and the sims kept getting 'Force Error' s on them. I had reinstall the InTeen with the Bon Voyage type and now it works. I didn't think my game would ever be the same!!! ^ ^
'
Field Researcher
#273 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM
After a certain number of unknown events, my < and > stop rotating the camera, and the only solution i know is quitting and reopening -.- and my + and - have never worked (shortcuts, the actual keys work).

The glitch that i still have and is really making me rip out my hair is my game frequently has texture issues, and it uses the wrong texture (the ground will use a hair texture, and my sim will use a wardrobe texture) and then sometimes the texture will just go black. Thankfully alt-tabbing fixes this but it occurs like every 5 minutes.

"Just like to say, good luck, we're all counting on you" - R.I.P Leslie Nelsen <3

Check out my creations here ^^
Mad Poster
#274 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 7:38 PM
Friday night. Went to move three sims (Mom Cleo, Dad Connor, and toddler child Victor) out of an overfull household which existed mainly to let unattached adults hook up with ACR and the predictable results thereof. Cleo and Connor got in the taxi and it drove off. Victor errored and sat in a puddle to splash. 'Well, crud,' said I, and saved and exited: I didn't have a choice because I hadn't saved after Jodie had her baby earlier that day. Nobody's in the bin. Back into the lot. Connor and Victor are there, no Cleo. I said some other things. Cleo shows up on relationship panels as alive but can't be called. Connor and Victor successfully moved out to the bin. No Cleo in the bin. Moved them into their new house. Still no Cleo, not callable, nothing. Can't find her on the summoner. Exit game, go into SimPE. Yeah . . . she's in the default family. Copy-paste Connor and Victor's family id into her family id box. Make sure she's ticked as having a phone. Back into game. Still can't call her. Finally find her in the default family on the summoner. Get her moved in with her hubby and kid. Save. Huge sigh of relief.
I'm reminded of that old story that the designers screwed up with Bella Goth, and thus the alien abduction story.
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 2:35 AM
My sim farted, with the green gas. The funny/scary part is that the fart image loop got stuck, so for about 10 minutes, my sim had a green cloud stuck to his ass.

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Page 11 of 25