Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: *NEW* BODY MESH: 'real skirt teen'!

by aardvarkams Posted 27th Feb 2005 at 5:53 PM - Updated 28th Feb 2005 at 9:24 AM by aardvarkams

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:25 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you 1biKairi - at last the skin that launch a thousand meshes(?)
And thank you everyone else for all your comments, and loooovely skins!
Yep I'm working on the adults, (check out the Gothgurl Mesh in the other thread for a taste!), and more skirt/shoe variations - if 1biKairi could help with the skins, I'm sure we can come up with some sexy little numbers!
L+K's
Amy xxx
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:43 PM
Default ***Twas You Gurl***
Quote: Originally posted by aardvarkams
Thank you, thank you, thank you 1biKairi - at last the skin that launch a thousand meshes(?)
And thank you everyone else for all your comments, and loooovely skins!
Yep I'm working on the adults, (check out the Gothgurl Mesh in the other thread for a taste!), and more skirt/shoe variations - if 1biKairi could help with the skins, I'm sure we can come up with some sexy little numbers!
L+K's
Amy xxx

Thank you Amy, but the real 'Whoo Hoo' goes to the creator of the mesh, and that's you girlfriend. I am so busy keeping up with all your new meshes I didn't even play the game for a few weeks, so I missed the full impact your meshes resly have.... We salute you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxo Love Kairi
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 3:06 AM
Another skin offering for your wonderful mesh

Hope you like it....
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 7:04 PM
can someone pleeeaaase make this mesh for young adults and adults?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -SehNsuChT-
can someone pleeeaaase make this mesh for young adults and adults?

We're workin' on it ... soon, I promise!
L+K's
Amy xxx
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 11:55 PM
Default I do what I can...
Thanks so much for this Mesh... it made me finally get off my ass and skin for my self.. So... yea, it's not the best but I think it di what I was trying for... I think I like the shoe's the best..

**WARNING** No undies... Sorry I'm lazy... Plus no undies = sexy.. :Pimp:

http://monkbox.net:81/war/40564889_l.jpg is the outfit I was trying to make...
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Firstskin.zip (193.1 KB, 756 downloads)
Field Researcher
#57 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 11:48 AM
Osirismonk, I love it! *downloaded it already
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:04 PM
Well here's my version...and too short for teens?? Hmm..there's no such thing*LOL*

Test Subject
#59 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 5:33 PM
Constancia could you post it ?
Test Subject
#60 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 6:06 PM
i got this freaky bug...
everytime my friend is at my place and we play, he gets a hard-on :D:D:D
nice job...
#61 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:12 PM
Osirismonk, is this mesh only for EP? Sorry for my dumbness?
#62 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:15 PM
I get a message when I open package "this requires Expansion Pack not installed"
Test Subject
#63 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:19 PM Last edited by Osirismonk : 17th Mar 2005 at 10:48 PM.
I'm not sure.. I have the EP and it works for me... but I didn't make the mech just that skin... I'm working on another one with this mesh right now... but I'm being distracted by houses... Haha... Here's what I'm trying to make next...
http://monkbox.net:81/war/22044242_l.jpg
Shouldn't be too hard..

I'll post it when it's done... It's gonna take a little time 'cause I'm trying to learn a bit more about textures and stuff... kinda using this project as a practiss...

Well I got lazy..(as ussual..) and just threw it togeather quick... Umm... Yea.. No much to say about this one, other then... Thanks for the mesh again, it's truly my favorite that I've found so far...
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Osirismonk_Black.zip (546.7 KB, 641 downloads)
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
I get a message when I open package "this requires Expansion Pack not installed"

Sorry, I'm not really an expert at any of this stuff.. My advise is if you're not gonna buy the EP then Pirate it, there's some cool stuff in it...But shhh.. You didn't hear that from me tohugh... I'm a rule fallower...

Why should I fallow you? I can just as easily walk off a cliff by myself.
http://www.monkbox.net/Osiris
#65 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:40 PM
Great! Can't wait! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
#66 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:46 PM Last edited by GigaRoc : 17th Mar 2005 at 7:50 PM.
I'm haveing a simple problem installing my .package files, i've looked all over the site and i can't find an answer. how do i install them, i've sims2 university. i copy all the .package files into sims2/downloads and sims2univeristy downloads and it does not work.. i can't get ANYTHING to work that is not a sim2pack file. Please help thanks in advance

GigaRoc BlueEyes
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:51 PM
You must be putting the files in the wrong places. There's only one folder you need to put clothing files in and that's:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
#68 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 8:01 PM
thank you thank you thank you thankyou thank you thankyou
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 8:15 PM Last edited by constancia : 17th Mar 2005 at 8:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chocolatemouse
Constancia could you post it ?

And by that you mean?? Sorry..I'm new at this site... :confused:

---------------------------------------------
www.freewebs.com/simstancia ...... thats me
Field Researcher
#70 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by constancia
And by that you mean?? Sorry..I'm new at this site... :confused:

we want the pink outfit you made, you teased us with just the picture
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:24 AM Last edited by constancia : 18th Mar 2005 at 10:32 AM. Reason: forgot to include the Mesh;(
Default Pink outfit;)
Oooh...hahahaha..sorrie..sorrie...but actually it's not availeble yet..I'm working on my new site..and that piece is one of my new designs...but keej...since the wonderfull mesh came from you guys here...I'll make an exception...just this once

--------------------------------------------------------
www.freewebs.com/simstancia..... that's me
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Stancia-Teenhigh.rar (237.8 KB, 507 downloads)
Field Researcher
#72 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 12:50 PM
Thank you Constancia! :jig:

I plan on doing some too but after doing so many clothes for BonesChapels meshs I need a bit of a break
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:45 PM
Default Mesh Fedback
First of all, a big thank you for all the hard work you put in making new meshes. I always thought that the meshes that came with the game were rather frumpy and certainly don't reflect what people wear outside of the USA. I don't have a lot of spare time, but I do make new clothes from time to time and have posted several items to the Sims 2 site. I'm still fiddling to reach perfection in what I'm doing with your meshes and I think I'm getting close to being able to contribute a few interesting variations on your work.

As for this mesh, well, it works fine in my game. I know that some people think it is too short, but - again - maybe that's more an American objection. Having said that, the skirt is so short that it disappears into the body when Sims do the 'Hang Out' social action and when they're sitting on the floor doing homework. It's something I can live with though as it really does look good when my Sims are doing other things.

Not wishing to confine you to your computer doing nothing but making meshes or anything, but would you perhaps consider doing versions for Young Adults and Adults too. And as much as I like this mesh, is there any chance of a slightly longer version - not to replace this version, but just to accompany it?

I'm looking forward to seeing (and downloading) more of your stuff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shupinola
First of all, a big thank you for all the hard work you put in making new meshes. I always thought that the meshes that came with the game were rather frumpy and certainly don't reflect what people wear outside of the USA. I don't have a lot of spare time, but I do make new clothes from time to time and have posted several items to the Sims 2 site. I'm still fiddling to reach perfection in what I'm doing with your meshes and I think I'm getting close to being able to contribute a few interesting variations on your work.

As for this mesh, well, it works fine in my game. I know that some people think it is too short, but - again - maybe that's more an American objection. Having said that, the skirt is so short that it disappears into the body when Sims do the 'Hang Out' social action and when they're sitting on the floor doing homework. It's something I can live with though as it really does look good when my Sims are doing other things.

Not wishing to confine you to your computer doing nothing but making meshes or anything, but would you perhaps consider doing versions for Young Adults and Adults too. And as much as I like this mesh, is there any chance of a slightly longer version - not to replace this version, but just to accompany it?

I'm looking forward to seeing (and downloading) more of your stuff.

Hi Shupinola, thank you for your kind comments - I am aware of the *bugs* you've spotted, and a few others, although this was my first *real* skirt mesh ... if you check out my other threads you'll find Adult versions of this mesh, and others along the same lines, the latest ones are better than this one, and future releases will hopefully be even better still - just look for the threads done by me! Sorry haven't got around to doing YA ones yet, the version of SimPE I'm using for Mesh making isn't compatible with Uni, so not yet I'm afraid ... hopefully soon.
In the meantime, have fun and happy skinning ...
L+K's
Amy xxx
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:03 AM
Default Thanks for the reply
The title says it all. I doubt you'll read this soon as it's so late - unless you're a complete night owl like I am. I do have a few of your other meshes - mostly through links from other people's contributions. I'll got through your threads and find all of your other stuff. I won't be doing much for the game this weekend as I have both an electrician and a builder coming to do some work on my house (that's my REAL house, not a Sim house) and I've also promised my friend that while she's off college this week she can come round and play The Sims 2 (her PC can't handle it and until I get my new PC and give her this one, the only way she can play is come round to my house) which means I'll only get to use the PC when she's asleep or has to go into work. But I do have a whole load of unused scans of fabric that I use for making more realistic clothing including some very nice Japanese prints.

I've not uploaded anything to this site before, so I'm hoping that it's going to be easy. I'd also like to have a go at making some meshes. I wonder if you could perhaps provide some links to the best tools to use or direct me to the tutorials you used?

If you don't want to post a lengthy thread repeating stuff that's available elsewhere, you can e-mail me at:

[email protected]

And I'll be in Bristol in June or July visiting my friend in Clifton - in fact, I could also be going for a job interview at the City of Bristol College for a tutoring post in their IT department soon. It's typical really ... I've just inherrited my late-aunt's beautiful house and I get the chance for a really well paid job 300 miles away! :argh: Still, Bristol is my favourite UK city, so I guess I shouldn't really complain.
Page 3 of 5