Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 5:55 PM
Default Earrings!
Ok, I'm not 100% on where to put this, so if i'm in the wrong section, please move it as I can't :P.

First question - which I know belongs in here; I want to make a multiple earring set (up to 20 in one ear.), should I set them to be layered and just have a single earring for each set? (IE, one extra piercing in the cartilage/lobe in addition to the maxis earrings.)

And how would I go about overriding the game behaviour for the facial piercings? I'll explain that a bit more - Modifying them so you can have a left lip ring and right lip ring on at the same time? Basically layering them with a new layering system? (IE, being able to have three lip piercings without downloading a mod that someone else made.)

And thirdly, pertaining to the previous ones, what would one modify to make them layerable? I've looked and have not found the answer for this on MTS.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:08 PM
Moved from Creative Corner. I've stuck this in the Sims 3 section since I'm guessing that's what you're talking about - if this is incorrect, then please let me know and I'll stick it in the Sims 2 stuff.

For Sims 3, there is no known way (that I know of, and having asked Delphy, who knows a buttload about CAS Parts) to make stuff multi-wearable. There's nothing like the "bin" setting that we had for TS2 that will allow it. Perhaps someone else will come along with info on it and correct me (I'd love someone to do that as I'd like multi-wearability as well) but based on current knowledge, it can't yet be done.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Moved from Creative Corner. I've stuck this in the Sims 3 section since I'm guessing that's what you're talking about - if this is incorrect, then please let me know and I'll stick it in the Sims 2 stuff.

For Sims 3, there is no known way (that I know of, and having asked Delphy, who knows a buttload about CAS Parts) to make stuff multi-wearable. There's nothing like the "bin" setting that we had for TS2 that will allow it. Perhaps someone else will come along with info on it and correct me (I'd love someone to do that as I'd like multi-wearability as well) but based on current knowledge, it can't yet be done.

Sims 2, I'm too poor to upgrade my computer AND get the sims 3.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:31 PM
Right-o, off to Sims 2 land with ye:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=296349

For makeup, but has some tips and screenshots and it's really almost identical for makeup and accessories:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=173232

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:38 PM
Oh my god, I'm a moron. Sorry for wasting time!