Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 6:23 PM
Grrr....If you had a look on the Wiki you would find this link in the eedgan tut page : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=168266

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 4:58 PM
Is it possible to add a side garage once a house is complete and occupied? For some reasons I couldnt make a side garage after I installed Pets, I could make side garages before. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Mad Poster
#103 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:27 PM
hi vincent,
Sure you can use the cheat when you want, but perhaps after doing it move the lot to an other place to replace the oposite sideway tile,(http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=168266 )

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#104 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 3:22 PM
For some reason I can't make sideways garage anymore.
Could it be a hack or some sort of corrupted file?
Mad Poster
#105 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 3:46 PM
Read this post and perhaps could you test the lot you use :
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97102

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#106 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 2:46 PM
Last question, can I add a sideway garage to an occupied lot?
Thanks.
It's still not working yet, I've tried every neighborhood n every junction lol. I guess I might have to reinstall the game.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 3:58 PM
Really I dont know why it dont works
for an occupied lot....no problem, it is the same principle. Perhaps is it safe to do it when all cars are in the lot ? no known issues..

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#108 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 3:51 PM
Yeah kinda strange cos it worked before I installed Pets n Glamor packs....I'll try reinstalling on another pc n see if it works
Test Subject
#109 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 3:29 PM
It works only in empty lots now, cant seem to build the sideway in my completed lot.
Test Subject
#110 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eedgan
I was really excited when I sucessfully created a sideways garage. So excited that I wanted to share my success with all the great peeps here. However it does not appear to work on all types of lots. It would appear (I am hoping for some feedback from other players) that for a sideways garage, the lot must be on a corner plot. Can someone confirm?

It seems simple, but I had to play around on several different lots before I found one that worked. It seem the lot adjacent to an L shaped street corner works best? See the pictures for the type of lot I mean.

Sideways garage:

I used the "move_objects on" cheat

How To Build A Sideways Garage
(Images attached)

1. Place Driveway as you would normally.

2. Remove the sidewalk strip on the opposite side of the lot.

3. Select the driveway extension piece. You will notice that it has already rotated – ie. It is now parallel with the street. Place one or two pieces. (I used two)

4. Build you garage around the extension pieces.

5. Insert garage doors.

6. Add cars. I used additional flooring to extend the driveway to the additional garage. This will not be noticeable if you use an invisible driveway like the one by Roddyaleixo here at MTS2.

7. Finish house, and tada!!! A sideways garage!

I have sucessfully managed sideways entrances from both the left and right of the pictured lot. (See image with yellow car). However I am not having any luck with lots not on a corner. Am I missing something? If anyone knows why this happen please feel free to correct me.

Feedback is most welcome.
Ok I am new at this, how do you remove the sidewalk strip?
Instructor
#111 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wjenica
Ok I am new at this, how do you remove the sidewalk strip?

Turn on "move_objects on" and go to the bottom right hand corner at the opposite side of the street on the sidewalk and cover it with a tile.

See here for a video tutorial by khakidoo.

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 5:48 AM
To undo the trick : cover the oposite sidewalk, save and exit to the nbhood. move the lot. it is done.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#113 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 12:49 AM
didn't work for me
Mad Poster
#114 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 2:58 AM
Field Researcher
#115 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:08 AM
i experimented with this, the tutorial at first worked for me, but i ended up not liking my lot and didn't save as i exited. but now i can't use the < > keys to rotate my view, i have read through this thread as much as possible, if i missed something or you know how i can fix this please help me
Mad Poster
#116 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 4:42 AM
Have you tried to press "ctrl" alone before?
If so, click the "ctrl" key once more to return to the default mode for your OS.
But anyway, the keyboard may reset once restarted.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 8:23 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#118 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 2:32 AM Last edited by smacksim : 17th Feb 2007 at 3:08 AM.
The video is great Khakidoo (dle-doo?) : http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...035654070&hl=en

The discovery that lot orientation is key to making this or backwards facing driveways work is imperative (credit looks like it goes to Sotalia for discovering this).

But I'd like to point out that the original post of this thread is invalidated by these discoveries. Moreso, it seems several sideways/backwards tutorials don't understand lot orientation. I wonder if the OP or a mod could edit the original post to give the correct information? I'm sure this tutorial (and all the others) will continue to drive people mad because they lack the essential information.

Its understandable that a user will try a tutorial "as is" first, and then come back and read the whole thread when it doesn't work, or works inconsistently. Why not save them some time and add a line like this:

"Sideways and backwards driveways depend on the lot orientation. If its not working for you, try again in a lot rotated 90 (or 270) degrees from your current lot"

While I'm being critical, the tutorial does a terrible job explaining what tiles to cover/erase. Both of these shortcomings are explained well in the thread and need to be corrected in the OP (at least it would be helpful if they were!).
Mad Poster
#119 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:05 AM Last edited by patul : 17th Feb 2007 at 12:24 PM.
smacksim,
orientation need not a bunch of explanations :

It is easier than that explained sotalia :
With the tips the driveway turn allways to 45° from the sun light in the lot (without the radiance)
=> cars always point to the same way.
Need not to test, just know where is the sun

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#120 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 3:18 AM
I agree Patul. Once you get the concept, its easy to tell from sun/shadow or from previous lots. The point is that this really would be good to say in the Original Post (OP).
Forum Resident
#121 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:56 AM
Hey you guys just popping in to let you know that google video , for some crazy reason, has changed the url of my videos.... I didn't change a thing... they just changed it with no warning or anything.... so here's the new url.... if this link is bad at some point in the future, please pm me and let me know
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...640064588&hl=en

OH~! and I've been making the backwards facing garage that General Oohoh suggested a few replies back.... there's still a few bugs to work out....
here's a link to the object meshing help post I made - there's a picture if you want to have a look
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=220890

Subtle In Spades
Mad Poster
#122 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:35 AM
What do you think about this tutorial : http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...and_solutions_-

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#123 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:09 PM
patul, I think its better than most of the other tutorials so far. Simple and to the point. Gives the key information first off about lot orientation. It also shows what tiles to cover/remove very well.

Two things:

1. I noticed before, your sun seems to be in the opposite corner from where it would be to generate the shadows that it does. I think people will still get the point though.

2. If I were to add one more thing to the tutorial to make it complete, it would be this: Lot orientation is 'locked' when the lot is laid down the first time. Moving the lot and rotating it later will still only allow the two driveway orientations available at first. So if you want a 'backwards driveway' and 'sideways driveway' on one lot, that's not possible. But a frontwards/backwards are possible, as are front/right-turn or front/left-turn driveways.

Hope thats helpful feedback.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:04 PM Last edited by patul : 18th Feb 2007 at 8:30 PM.
For the sun it is IN LOT at opposite from nbhood sun. I explainit like this because it is easier for empty lots. Builded may have been moved.
The sun is saved with the lot, so it dont move ! if it is on left back it remain on left back. but I can add a line.
2 sentences to explain this added .
thank you

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#125 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
jbwise,

Which step didn't work?
and which game version have you?

I have all four EPs and i edited the sidewalk file thingie (from a different tutorial) but none of them work for me. it just doesn't turn at all.
Page 5 of 8