Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 4:10 PM
Default Mb I just don't know, how to install families, but...
I hope I'm not that dump and at least choosed a proper forum for this issue.
I've been figuring out fixed templates and other useful stuff whole day. One of the fixed thing interested me was Kim and Kat families, which I downloaded from here: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
I googled both how to install sims2pack family and how to install one family over another, but failed to find something proper. So, I just downloaded 'Clean Installer' and did It in simple defolt way... Then I loaded one of the neighborhoods and placed the house, but when I went to play with the family there was only mother, child and dog existed 0_0 I checked mother's memoties, and she remember her marriage and stuff, but with 'subjects'. (Hovewer, none of my 'objects.packaje' in main folder wasn't changed from 2005-2008, If that make sense).
Now I wonder, what made family corrupt: file itself, my unproper instalation or something else? What can I do to make 'cleaned' version be fine in my game?
I'm playing on Windows 7 (x32), 'Mansion & Garden', Clean Installer has 1.6.22.0 version. Also, in the case this can be any helpful, before and after I installed 'better' Kim family, in my 'LogCatalog' was two copies of each members of Kim and Kat families: one simple and another one higlighted red.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 5:28 PM
Anything installed with the Clean Installer will act as templates, which means they won't be seen by the game as full items yet.
- Sims will show up in the Sim Bin in CAS (and Bodyshop), and will have to be added to a family and put in a house before you can play with them.
- Houses will be added to the lot bin, and you'll have to place them in the neighborhood to play with them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Anything installed with the Clean Installer will act as templates, which means they won't be seen by the game as full items yet.
- Sims will show up in the Sim Bin in CAS (and Bodyshop), and will have to be added to a family and put in a house before you can play with them.
- Houses will be added to the lot bin, and you'll have to place them in the neighborhood to play with them.

Thanks for answer!
I checked my BodyShop and there is no new sims. I also looked in lot bin in game, no changes. I think It's because I tried to load a home inhebitant with a family. It showed up in a special category in a lot bin, but after placement in town somehow came up broken.
So, I still don't know, what I did wrong.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 8:51 PM
I have no idea how the Kim and Kat households will show up, but I'm imagining they'll show under the occupied lots, and I'm not entirely sure if they're safe to use. Normally, placing occupied lots (except for the few ones that already come with the game) can cause neighborhood corruption. I couldn't find anything in the comments about any problems related to using the files, though. Meetme2theriver seems to know what they're doing, so for all I know it could be safer to use the cleaned version than the original. If you are experiencing problems, it could be anything from not having the proper EPs to the files causing corrurption.

Other than this, properly installed sim templates from Sims2pack files will show up in SavedSims or Downloads (depending on the settings) as files looking something like "1ae39d58_9f6ce49.package" (8x8 digit random number separated with _ ), plus files for CC if some was included.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 10:00 PM
I just decided to install one of the clean neighboorhoods template and then installed Kim again in the same way... and It worked 0_o No sights of previous corruption. Kat is fine as well.
Previous time I used one of my played neighboorhoods (I wasn't play long, so I thought It should be fine). It seems like this neighboorhood might already had some issues. And I after all is dump xD