Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 15
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#351 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 1:40 AM
Oh Numenor. I'm back!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#352 Old 25th May 2015 at 9:11 AM
Oh my gosh, Numenor, I am actually gobsmacked, I don't know what to say! You just keep em coming, don't you? Thank you, I love these, and I'll be overusing the hell out of these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#353 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 7:44 PM
I searched for a thing like your walls for years! I love them and they improved my game so much, finally the rooms really look like rooms again. Thank you very much for your amazing work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#354 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:31 AM
These are wonderful. I'm excited to add some new walls into my game.
Test Subject
#355 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:21 PM
Is there a Sims 3 equivalent of this?
Mad Poster
#356 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
Can a prison wall cast no shadow in an update, please?
Test Subject
#357 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:09 PM
For ages I have been trying to find a solution for distorted garage walls hooked into basement homes and I just randomly gave this a try when I failed at MooTilda's No-Slope Basement tutorials. I didn't believe my eyes when I saw a non-distorted concrete block wall after placing one of these. This is purely amazing. Thank you very much!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#358 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:11 PM
Amazing! I no longer have to stare into the bathrooms all the time. Thank you so much!
Also, since the instructions here older and the comments so long, I'm confirming for future searchers that Scriptorium and the no-cutaway walls work perfectly in UC with Windows 7.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#359 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 2:57 PM
The prison wall was exactly what I needed for my out-door living lot. Thank you for making it available . :)
Test Subject
#360 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 5:57 AM
was wondering if there is a tutorial somewhere. I had to install #90 for CatherineTCJD's 1920's Vintage Home Design series but it doesn't show up in my game.
Yes I use scriptorium already and don't have an issue with stairs that I had to use for it.
Mad Poster
#361 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 4:09 AM
I also got "unlevel walls" for one of Catherine's 1920 lot. NOW what I have is the stage type of foundation; the other three types don't show up at all! Tried to delete the foundation on a house already built (the basic foundation and the one with lattice) but could not! I've removed .txt & .package files, but this (somehow!) did not fix the foundation. I noticed you have a download for Maxis default, but wouldn't that delete all the other files that I have in the scriptorium files? And why would this mod for walls affect foundations?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#362 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 5:04 AM
I will append my posts that use Wall #90 with an installation explanation. I love this wall - it fixes a multitude of wonkiness! Especially with CFE foundations and roofs.
@not_s0_0rdinary and @grammapat - I'm not sure I can help with your issues, but I can tell you how I have it installed it on my machine...

I hope it helps

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#363 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 10:30 PM
Catherine: thanks, but I downloaded that hack just like you did (into Scriptorium & Downloads), and deleted it from both places. Foundations still messed up.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#364 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 7:23 AM
@CatherineTCJD
Thank You SO MUCH!
I now have it in my game.
Should I try re downloading your houses because the doors still gray out and the round lights still go into the next floor above......
I just had my game open and I just realized I should have took screen shots

Magickal
Mad Poster
#365 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by not_s0_0rdinary
@CatherineTCJD
Thank You SO MUCH!
I now have it in my game.
Should I try re downloading your houses because the doors still gray out and the round lights still go into the next floor above......
I just had my game open and I just realized I should have took screen shots

@not_s0_0rdinary - You shouldn't need to reDL (unless you deleted it from your lots bin) Just bulldoze the old one and plant a new copy from the Lot Bin. It should be fixed. I'm glad it worked

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#366 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 9:28 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#367 Old 20th Oct 2023 at 10:36 AM
I'm building a huge lot, and already knew about the wall limit but was thinking of working around it with this setup. As I understand it, you should use Unleveled Walls for all normal walls and leave the vanilla walls for foundations and half walls? Also if you ever build normal walls on a lot is there somewhere something that keeps track of how many walls you have used up that should get reset? Or does this reset when I say use ConvertiWall and change all my normal walls to ID: 90 (Unleveled Walls)? Leaving the count at foundations and half walls? AND does Unleveled Walls have its own count, in other words will I reach a 2000 wall limit using Unleveled Walls? The lot I'm building is a hospital, it will obviously have a ton of wall segments. I see there is a text def giving Unleveled Walls an ID of 90. So if there IS a wall limit using Unleveled Walls, could I add ID 91 to the same text file, filling in the rest like 90 is set up... Like so:

wall 91
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop false
submersible false
deleteTool partition
thumbnailResource 0 0x499db772 0xccc30160
thumbnailResource 1 0x499db772 0xe9261347
thumbnailResource 2 0x499db772 0xfeed5515
thumbnailResource 3 0x499db772 0xfeed5510
catalogTextIndices 0 1 2 3

convert all the 90 ID walls to 91 so that I could continue to use more of the ID 90 walls in game. Basically I would not bother if these Unleveled Walls dont have a limit.
Test Subject
#368 Old 20th Oct 2023 at 10:47 PM
Hi everyone, I need your help! I installed the program "SCRIPTORIUM" and "Custom Walls Repository", did everything as it should, but in the game nothing changed!

TXT files in The Sims 2 - TSData - Res - Catalog - Scripts - Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches

.package files in UserName - Documents - EA Games - The Sims 2 - Downloads

And in game... Why?
Mad Poster
#369 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady_Nana
Hi everyone, I need your help! ...
Did you drop the .txt file into your Scriptorium shortcut, and put the .package file in your documents/Downloads folder?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#370 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Did you drop the .txt file into your Scriptorium shortcut, and put the .package file in your documents/Downloads folder?

Yes, but as you can see, nothing appeared in the game....
Mad Poster
#371 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 1:05 AM
Yes, but as you can see, nothing appeared in the game....
Sometimes people have different install paths.
If I were you, I'd open the files paths and make sure there is a copy of each file in where it should be.
One in you program files (the scriptorium shortcut) and one in your Docu/downloads folder.

The scriptorium shortcut should open to this:
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#372 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 1:12 AM
Sometimes people have different install paths.
If I were you, I'd open the files paths and make sure there is a copy of each file in where it should be.
One in you program files (the scriptorium shortcut) and one in your Docu/downloads folder.

I've already double-checked everything, everything is in place as it should be. I even tried reinstalling the SCRIPTORIUM program and reinstalling txt and .package files, but no new walls appear in the game, only the standard ones. I have an empty game, that is, no mods or hacks installed. Only SCRIPTORIUM and Custom Walls Repository.
Yes, I have the same as you. But nothing appeared in the game....
Mad Poster
#373 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 2:18 AM
I've already double-checked everything, everything is in place as it should be. I even tried reinstalling the SCRIPTORIUM program and reinstalling txt and .package files, but no new walls appear in the game, only the standard ones. I have an empty game, that is, no mods or hacks installed. Only SCRIPTORIUM and Custom Walls Repository.
Yes, I have the same as you. But nothing appeared in the game....
Sounds like you've done everything I know to do. I'm sorry I don't know any other tricks.
I hope someone else comes along who can help you get it sorted. Good luck!

WAIT a minute!!! Your one screenshot says Sims 3 - this is for Sims 2!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#374 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 2:31 AM
Anyway, thank you.
WAIT a minute!!! Your one screenshot says Sims 3 - this is for Sims 2!

Yes, I know. In addition to Sims 2, I have Sims 4 and Sims 3 installed. And I installed the S3PE program for it, which is why all the package files that I have on my computer, this program thinks that they are exclusively for Sims 3... Screenshots are mine made from Sims 2 and its folders.
Page 15 of 15