Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weather Realism Overhaul [2.1.0]

by no12 Posted 24th Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM - Updated 24th Dec 2023 at 6:32 PM by no12 : Fix text on the page

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 264 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 14
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxytrickster
Thank you for the mod, but are blizzards and snow intended for summertime Sulani?

That's definitely a problem. Are you sure you have update 1.4.5 and not 1.4? Versions before 1.4.5 won't be compatible with Sulani.
Test Subject
#77 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by no12
That's definitely a problem. Are you sure you have update 1.4.5 and not 1.4? Versions before 1.4.5 won't be compatible with Sulani.

Oh yes, everything's updated. Sometimes it snows non-stop
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxytrickster
Oh yes, everything's updated. Sometimes it snows non-stop

So I tested the weather in Sulani, checked the xml files, checked the forecast multiple times, and I haven't seen any snow in game or in the xmls.
I don't know why your game has this bug, but it could be a mod conflict or maybe you kept the older files in the folder when updating my mod, but if everything's updated and without mod conflicts, it should work fine.
Test Subject
#79 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:15 PM
Hey there, I haven't been able to have any sim sunbathe yet, and when I searched for a reason, someone mentioned that any weather mods/cc skin mods may be affecting my ability to sunbathe, is that an issue anyone's found?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Berlynne
Hey there, I haven't been able to have any sim sunbathe yet, and when I searched for a reason, someone mentioned that any weather mods/cc skin mods may be affecting my ability to sunbathe, is that an issue anyone's found?

Well, if you have version 1.4 and not 1.4.5 of my mod, you won't be able to sunbathe as that update came before the expansion and doesn't have a definition for 'sunbathing weather'.

If you have the latest update, this shouldn't be a problem, but if it is, taking a screenshot or explaining the problem would really help.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#81 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 5:24 PM
Just FYI... I'm going to have to remove your mod. I love the idea and variety of the weather, it's just bankrupting my sim! I have one in Sulani, and with the weather having thunderstorms at least 5-6 times a day, it's completely obliterating all my outdoor furniture. I've had to replace over 5,000 worth of furniture in the last week alone. Love the mod, but no thanks.
Test Subject
#82 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:19 PM
Hey I love your mod but I simply can't play with it in Sulani because it just rains all week every single day, i literally wasted one entire seaason (summer) because it was monsoons all week
Test Subject
#83 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 10:09 PM
Thunderstorms in Sulani are bad enough (and I confirm they happen every day multiple times), but there are also thunderstorms in Silvan Glade. Ruins the only fishing refuge.
I like the idea of your mod, but in reality it's just a pain to play with. Every time new version comes out I try it, then uninstall after a game week, or so.
I realise how much work went into creating this and thank you for trying. I hope one day it will be as good as you conceived it, and I'll probably keep trying every update.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gettp
Just FYI... I'm going to have to remove your mod. I love the idea and variety of the weather, it's just bankrupting my sim! I have one in Sulani, and with the weather having thunderstorms at least 5-6 times a day, it's completely obliterating all my outdoor furniture. I've had to replace over 5,000 worth of furniture in the last week alone. Love the mod, but no thanks.

There should be a tuning file inside the mod (which you can open with Sims 4 Studio) ('Weather.lightning_tuning')to tune the lightning. I always manually adjust this so the chance of destroying objects is next to zero. I also always lower the chances Sims get struck by lightning.

Made mine look something like this:

<U n="ACTIVE_LIGHTNING">
<U n="weights">
<T n="weight_object">0.5</T>
<T n="weight_sim">0.5</T>
<T n="weight_terrain">700</T>
</U>

Just to keep a small chance but not like the original tuning where the objects have 40 weight and the Sims themselves 2.

But ofcourse you can tweak these numbers as you please.

Hope that helps, because indeed, the mod is great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 10:00 AM
Hi, thanks for the mod. Your work is amazing and I adore it, but it is very difficult to play with it in Sulani, because in the summer it is always raining and I saw snow in the spring. I have not yet tried to play in autumn and winter, but I get the impression that I can not play with the new windows opened in this climate.
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:23 AM Last edited by karenh3 : 27th Jun 2019 at 12:38 PM.
I agree with the comments about too much rain -- in Sulani, but also in some of the other worlds. It gives the game a gloomy and depressing feel, and my Sims living in Sulani ended up spending days cooped up indoors in the middle of summer, completely defeating the purpose of enjoying what the new EP has to offer. I'm going to have to remove this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aloma
Hi, thanks for the mod. Your work is amazing and I adore it, but it is very difficult to play with it in Sulani, because in the summer it is always raining and I saw snow in the spring. I have not yet tried to play in autumn and winter, but I get the impression that I can not play with the new windows opened in this climate.

The summer rains are supposed to be there, as it's a tropical wet season, but the spring snow definitely shouldn't be there, so my mod isn't working right for some reason.
First thing that could cause this problem is that you don't have update 1.4.5 or have another weather mod, which would make my mod incompatible with Sulani.
If not, then it's a problem with my mod that i didn't notice while testing, if that's the case explaining how the snow happened would be great, but if you can't I'll review and do the testing again.
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 2:58 PM Last edited by Aloma : 28th Jun 2019 at 7:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by no12
The summer rains are supposed to be there, as it's a tropical wet season, but the spring snow definitely shouldn't be there, so my mod isn't working right for some reason.
First thing that could cause this problem is that you don't have update 1.4.5 or have another weather mod, which would make my mod incompatible with Sulani.
If not, then it's a problem with my mod that i didn't notice while testing, if that's the case explaining how the snow happened would be great, but if you can't I'll review and do the testing again.

Hi, I have 1.4.5 and I don't have another weather mod, I start a new game in spring ant it was snowing, but very poor snow, sorry my english...

Edit: I have tried only with your mod in spring and no snow has appeared, I leave a picture of the weather, it is in Spanish but I think the symbols are the same.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#89 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 6:21 PM
Thanks no12! The changes (v1.4.6) are much-appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 3:40 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 1:48 AM
I love how the weather in worlds are based on real world places. Thank you.
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#92 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 9:06 AM
I don't get why people come to the comments to cry about this mod. If certain things bother you about it, don't use it. No need to come in the comments and say "No thanks" and stuff like that. Just move on. I for one love the mod and appreciate the hard work. Thanks for updating too!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 2:55 AM Last edited by jeromycraig : 17th Jul 2019 at 3:41 AM.
Disregard. I tried it again later and dismissed a storm right away. It must have just been a timing glitch the first time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 1:04 PM
I love this mod and would never want to play without it! It makes each world feel very distinct and different from the other. Thank you so much for all of your hard work in creating and updating it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#95 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 4:26 AM
As a note I made Power Outages compatible with weather realism! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=617383
we override the same Broadcaster, but Power Outages will take precedent. The only difference you will see is sims get a bit more startled by nearby lightning strikes.
Test Subject
#96 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:00 PM
Are we supposed to get snow in Sulani? It is winter, but the world doesn't seem to support it. There's snow on plants and on the ground on the lots, but the surrounding areas are still sand.

♥_Mystry-Chow_♥
I wonder what's in it...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:38 AM
I just want to let you know this mod is awesome, i love it ,i played all day today and it is perfect although my spoiled sims didn't like the power outage they complained and had there mood-lets to go with it to bad for them LOL....You are awesome perfect mod. Thank you.....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 2:51 AM
I am sad to say i have to take this mod out, i really enjoyed playing with it in my game but i was having a problem and not knowing what it was. The thermostat to make it warm or cool in the penthouse wasn't working my sims were freezing and turning blue it happened in the night club and the gym. I check everything to make sure all walls were connected it drove me crazy. I had taken out littlesmSams mod auto thermostat and reduce heating bill because i thought maybe the mod didn't work with your but that isn't the case. I had taken your mod out put those back in and it work fine no more freezing turning blue they were snug as a bug...I had taken all my mods out and just put your mod in. it was the only one in my mod folder and had the same problem thermostat wasn't working they were freezing. I have no idea what the problem is but if you could check into it i would appreciate it i do enjoy this mod very much and would like it in my game.....Thank You....
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#99 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:08 PM
Great mod to alter the weather for different parts of the world! I looked at the climate list and noticed one world is missing and wanted to confirm if this was intentional or not. Magnolia Promenade is not in the climate list. That world is a shopping district, but still, our Sims travel there to either shop, dine or both.

Can this be confirmed that Magnolia Promenade was intentionally left out? And if so, can we get an idea what kind of untouched weather that world has?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Great mod to alter the weather for different parts of the world! I looked at the climate list and noticed one world is missing and wanted to confirm if this was intentional or not. Magnolia Promenade is not in the climate list. That world is a shopping district, but still, our Sims travel there to either shop, dine or both.

Can this be confirmed that Magnolia Promenade was intentionally left out? And if so, can we get an idea what kind of untouched weather that world has?

Magnolia Promenade has the same climate as Willow Creek, as those worlds have the same forecast lists. This is also true for the Get To Work lots, they have the same climates with either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs.
Page 4 of 14