Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weather Realism Overhaul [2.1.0]

by no12 Posted 24th Nov 2018 at 12:44 AM - Updated 24th Dec 2023 at 6:32 PM by no12 : Fix text on the page

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 264 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 14
Inventor
#151 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 12:30 PM
I would love to use this Mod but it seems to have too many Tuning Errors which will let the Mod not work right.

For example in "forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing" the prescribed_weather_type Tag is within the weather_event_time_blocks but it should be out of there. There are also some weird IDs in your package the ID 212674 is forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing but in the current Game Files ID 212674 is forecast_Windy_coolWarm_tropicalEP07?

Another Tuning Error Example: all Weather Machine Interactions need to have the new POWER utility_info Tag or else it will cause an Error etc.

I highly recommend to use the TUNING ERROR NOTIFIER by Scumbumbo which helps to find and fix those Errors: https://scumbumbomods.com/#/tuning-error-notifier/

Thx

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#152 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
I would love to use this Mod but it seems to have too many Tuning Errors which will let the Mod not work right.

For example in "forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing" the prescribed_weather_type Tag is within the weather_event_time_blocks but it should be out of there. There are also some weird IDs in your package the ID 212674 is forecast_Chance_Of_Snow_Freezing but in the current Game Files ID 212674 is forecast_Windy_coolWarm_tropicalEP07?

Another Tuning Error Example: all Weather Machine Interactions need to have the new POWER utility_info Tag or else it will cause an Error etc.

I highly recommend to use the TUNING ERROR NOTIFIER by Scumbumbo which helps to find and fix those Errors: https://scumbumbomods.com/#/tuning-error-notifier/

Thx

Thanks for the info, first of all.

The weird IDs ae just me changing the names of forecasts. All the "chance of" are actually tropical forecasts from last year and for example blizzard is actually Santa Anas from Get Famous.

For now I've only been able to fix errors that have caused a problem in my gameplay, and since I test it quite extensively I didn't see a reason that there would be any errors, other than ones that come with the new patches. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks for this again, I will try the error notifier and try to fix the errors in the next day or two.
Inventor
#153 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no12
Thanks for the info, first of all.

The weird IDs ae just me changing the names of forecasts. All the "chance of" are actually tropical forecasts from last year and for example blizzard is actually Santa Anas from Get Famous.

For now I've only been able to fix errors that have caused a problem in my gameplay, and since I test it quite extensively I didn't see a reason that there would be any errors, other than ones that come with the new patches. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks for this again, I will try the error notifier and try to fix the errors in the next day or two.

Awesome! The TEN by Scumbumbo is a blessing for modders^^ Back then when he made it i had to fix all my Mods as well which took me days xD After every Patch this is my last Test to see if i missed any coding updates. I cannot live without it anymore

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Scholar
#154 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 9:59 PM
Just wanted to report that today I was playing and it started lightning before snowing and I thought that was neat - I know you added lightning snow some time ago, but the problem is that it wasn't standard lightning and thunder it was the severe kind that was really loud and causing the screen to shake (like lightning struck nearby) and it kept on doing that repeatedly until the lightning snow event ended.

It was kind of startling. I can't lie. Lol.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#155 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 3:46 PM
About the thunderstorms, since I thought that it wouldn't be realistic if there was lightning in your neighborhood every time there a thunderstorm happens, I changed them so that sometimes there are thunderstorms with only distant thunder and not much lightning.

First off, thank you for this mod! I love what it does to the weather!

Second, I invite you to come visit Colorado, US (any portion of the state east of the Rockies, honestly) during the summer sometime. When we get a thunderstorm it's rare for there to not be lightning! My youngest loves going out and standing on our covered porch once he hears the first boom of thunder. Generally, there will be at least 10-15 minutes of a spectacular lightning show before the storm moves on. It's truly amazing to watch the strikes (sometimes from cloud to cloud which is really cool!), and wait for the thunder to come rolling through. Anyway, I got a chuckle out of your comment as I realized that we really are our own little weather cosmos here
Instructor
#156 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 5:54 PM
Hello Just a quick question pls: Does this mod need an update for the last patch from yesterday? Thanks for your answer in advance
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#157 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Hello Just a quick question pls: Does this mod need an update for the last patch from yesterday? Thanks for your answer in advance

It seems to be working fine. Sorry for the late response, I've been really busy the last week or so.
Instructor
#158 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 11:14 AM
Thanks for the information
Test Subject
#159 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 5:07 AM
With the current version of the mod (1.5 Evergreen Harbor), Batuu was stuck in a permanent heat wave until I removed the mod and reset the seasons. I think I've seen the same thing happen once before when I visited a newly-added world before the mod was updated to cover it. Back to looking forward to the next update, then.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#160 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:29 AM Last edited by no12 : 12th Sep 2020 at 10:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by undercoveryankee
With the current version of the mod (1.5 Evergreen Harbor), Batuu was stuck in a permanent heat wave until I removed the mod and reset the seasons. I think I've seen the same thing happen once before when I visited a newly-added world before the mod was updated to cover it. Back to looking forward to the next update, then.

Yeah, this happens every time with my mod, unfortunately.
I'll update the mod today or tomorrow to cover Batuu.

EDIT: Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but the update's now up!
Field Researcher
#161 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 10:03 PM
I have snow in Sulani. Not just a dusting. Not even a sticking snow that soon disappears. I have a heavy, thick blanket of snow that lasts the entire season! I had it with the previous update and I have it with this one, too. (I'm new to TS4, meaning I don't have a long history to know if it worked before! I have a few mods but they are the "normal" ones, like MCCC, Passionate Romance, SOL, and various LittleMsSam mods for School and Pets. Nothing that should be affecting weather. Unlike TS3 when you could affect weather for just that particular neighborhood, making changes with the Seasons tab seems to change all neighborhoods. Any idea what is going on?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#162 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
I have snow in Sulani. Not just a dusting. Not even a sticking snow that soon disappears. I have a heavy, thick blanket of snow that lasts the entire season! I had it with the previous update and I have it with this one, too. (I'm new to TS4, meaning I don't have a long history to know if it worked before! I have a few mods but they are the "normal" ones, like MCCC, Passionate Romance, SOL, and various LittleMsSam mods for School and Pets. Nothing that should be affecting weather. Unlike TS3 when you could affect weather for just that particular neighborhood, making changes with the Seasons tab seems to change all neighborhoods. Any idea what is going on?

Have you tried the method in the description? If you're adding this to a game that you've already started, you should reset the forecasts once.
Test Subject
#163 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 6:57 PM
Hello! This mod is really cool, but I seem to have come across a bug. During thunderstorms, whenever I try to put my toddler to bed, it cancels out and he gets a 'run inside' action in his quene despite already being inside.

Blizzards don't trigger this though. It's just the thunderstorms. I have tested with only Weather Overhaul in my mods folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#164 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tagalong
Hello! This mod is really cool, but I seem to have come across a bug. During thunderstorms, whenever I try to put my toddler to bed, it cancels out and he gets a 'run inside' action in his quene despite already being inside.

Blizzards don't trigger this though. It's just the thunderstorms. I have tested with only Weather Overhaul in my mods folder.

I think I've come across this once before, but I wasn't sure it was about my mod. I'll test this out, thanks for the bug report!
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 5:39 PM
Soo this may have been asked before, But do I need to download the Batuu file when I dont own the star wars pack? The file I am running right now is Evergreen Harbor.. Im just asking cause I don't know if their is an update or something beside for that specific world.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#166 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sis21721
Soo this may have been asked before, But do I need to download the Batuu file when I dont own the star wars pack? The file I am running right now is Evergreen Harbor.. Im just asking cause I don't know if their is an update or something beside for that specific world.

There's no new features or anything this time, but you can always check from the changelog on the bottom of the page.
Test Subject
#167 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 12:48 AM
I think I've come across this once before, but I wasn't sure it was about my mod. I'll test this out, thanks for the bug report!

It also happens (and I think worse) with the "Read to Sleep" interaction as well. When a storm started up after my toddler was already asleep they stayed asleep though.
Test Subject
#168 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 7:47 AM
Hey I dont have baatu but I have the latest update. Thats mean gotta I download the baatu one or that doesnt have to do?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#169 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TSimFT
Hey I dont have baatu but I have the latest update. Thats mean gotta I download the baatu one or that doesnt have to do?

It doesn't matter tbh, in this case it won't change anything.
Field Researcher
#170 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:32 PM
It doesn't matter tbh, in this case it won't change anything.

So I can download Batuu? since I don't have the pack
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#171 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
So I can download Batuu? since I don't have the pack

Yes you can, and if you are experiencing bugs, it might actually be beneficial (even though I've never seen this happen).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 2:43 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love your mod! I can't wait to see what region you will place for the new pack
Test Subject
#173 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 8:43 AM
is this compatible with the pre-snowy escape patch?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#174 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kelowna77
is this compatible with the pre-snowy escape patch?

Yes, but I will update for Snowy Escape today.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#175 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celticgamer0
Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love your mod! I can't wait to see what region you will place for the new pack

Thank you! And if you wanna know, the new world's weather is based on Sapporo, Japan.
Page 7 of 14