Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:30 PM Last edited by Zudian : 29th Jan 2018 at 4:28 PM.
Build in TS4 with a dedicated mouse?
Hello,

I come back to you following my thread that I did six month ago, and I have a lot of news!

To sump up quickly, I’m in the company that has created the Lexip mouse, a mouse with two integrated joysticks for 3D profesionals. After my last thread, I talked with my team and the project of created a gaming mouse started.

We have improved our first mouse thanks to our beta testing team who allowed us to create the perfect gaming mouse: 200 to 8200 DPI, braided cables, programmable buttons…

Today, in order to bring this project to a successful conclusion, we launch our Kickstarter campaign! I wanted to share this information with you in preview because it’s thanks to you, members of this forum that this project is born.

I can answer all of your questions, this mouse is my baby!

Thank you for everything!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 9:29 PM
I can't speak for The Sims 4 but I know plenty of games where having a mouse like this would make a big difference, and where it could be either really useful or really cool as a gimmick.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#3 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:19 AM
I have difficulty seeing how this can make building any better. What is the price going to be? I already have a 3d mouse, but I haven't really checked out it compatibility. I only use it for 3dsMax at the moment. It doesn't have that many buttons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
Thanks GrijzePilion
Volnenom: the price is 99euros on the Kickstarter. I think it can help because some shortcuts in the TS4 are kind of complicated (e.g: ctrl+9 or ctrl+0 to move up or down objects)
dodgy builder
#5 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zudian
Thanks GrijzePilion
Volnenom: the price is 99euros on the Kickstarter. I think it can help because some shortcuts in the TS4 are kind of complicated (e.g: ctrl+9 or ctrl+0 to move up or down objects)

I take it you talk about decorating then? Not placing rooms and windows? Do I have to use the shortcuts?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I take it you talk about decorating then? Not placing rooms and windows? Do I have to use the shortcuts?

It can be decorating or building, you can set up the shortcuts/macros/cheatcodes you want on each buttons/joystick of the mouse. I don't know if I'm understanable, sorry
dodgy builder
#7 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zudian
It can be decorating or building, you can set up the shortcuts/macros/cheatcodes you want on each buttons/joystick of the mouse. I don't know if I'm understanable, sorry

I was thinking it through while I wrote the post, and when I was finished, I suddenly understood the concept Thank you, I'll see what I do
Scholar
#8 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:58 PM
That mouse is a brilliant idea. I can think of many games where it would be a real benefit to have a joystick on the mouse below the thumb(to begin with every 3D game that allows free camera look). I would love it in any game that requires you to hold down left or right mouse button to freely look around. You could move that free look camera option function to the thumb joystick. So it can move the camera independently from you character's movement or aiming.
Or during building , using it to rotate objects. I can see how this could work nicely in 3D modelling software too.

As for the bottom joystick, I wonder how this would stand up in a game where you would want a flightstick (Elite Dangerous or something like that). Could be used for pitch and roll. But also for a racing game. I assume these compare to analogue joysticks right? And not like a D-pad?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:47 PM
Hi @mitrak_nl, it seems that the mouse can be usefull in space sim like Elite: Dangerous: in our bêta testing team, half of the 15 testers are YouTubers/Streamers specialized in Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen (btw, 3 of our testers are Sims players).

Yes, compare to analog joysticks as they are we tried it on Rocket League and Trackmania and it can be usefull for players who don't want to play with a controller on PC.
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:06 AM
I'm used to controller for Rocket League, but I like the idea of this mouse for a game that you want to play using an analogue joystick,but also use a lot of keybinds. Because it is a mouse, it is easier to use with keyboard. This is why I was thinking of Elite Dangerous.
I just wonder how heavy and large it is. I prefer medium to small mouses because I use a so called claw grip. And then use high sensitivity so I don't have to move much. I am not used to completely rest my hand on the mouse. I rest the palm of my hand on the mouse mat.

Anyway, awesome idea and I am looking forward to reviews about this mouse!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:48 PM
Thanks @mithrak_nl ! :D

To answer to your question: 150g (with câble), 12 x 7.2 x 4.3 cm (L x l x h)