Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Napping Mat

by Arsil Posted 13th Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM - Updated 11th May 2017 at 4:01 PM by Arsil : No more clipping

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Instructor
#51 Old 8th May 2017 at 6:16 AM
Thanks for this useful mod! However, is there a way to stop the mat from going underneath rugs? I tried moving the rug with the hand tool to refresh the object layering (dunno if that's the right term), but the mat remains underneath.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 11th May 2017 at 1:30 AM
I love this mod. As far as using the crib, well, cribs are for babies.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 11th May 2017 at 2:07 AM
Love the look of the mat, but have got the same issue as Butterbot It just show the pillow above the rug, so far i have to place it away from any rug unless i want it to show that the toddler just sleeps on the rug using a tiny pillow that he/she either lands on or misses (love this feture ) When the tuck in happen it just seems weird (like the world laziest parent just allow it's toddler to sleep on a dirty rug in front of the telly, instead of carry the little rugrat (pun intended ) to his/her crib/bed ) . Thank you again for making this great mod, and for the great joy you bring us with your gift. Big hug to you, and another hug to icemunmun for adding to it
Inventor
#54 Old 11th May 2017 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Thanks for this useful mod! However, is there a way to stop the mat from going underneath rugs? I tried moving the rug with the hand tool to refresh the object layering (dunno if that's the right term), but the mat remains underneath.

I guess you could always try using Granthes' OMSP to raise the mat a couple of centimeters, though I'm not sure whether that will create routing problems. Personally, I'd edit the mesh and raise it some centimeters, but depending on the pathing flags (FTPT) it could be pointless to do that.
Instructor
#55 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:57 AM
@Naus Allien

Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
I'd edit the mesh and raise it some centimeters, but depending on the pathing flags (FTPT) it could be pointless to do that.

As it is, the toddler's left hand clips noticeably through the mat when sleeping, so raising the mesh might worsen that. Can you explain in more detail about the FTPT pathing flags? I've turned them off on occasion but am otherwise not very familiar with them, and would be interested to learn more.

Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#56 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:42 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 11th May 2017 at 7:37 PM.
@Butterbot the mat is actually a little lower than the rug because otherwise the toddler clips like crazy. This is mainly because the exsisting game animation pose of toddler sleeping is a little lower than ground level.Thats the max height I could give the mat.

Edit : Oh good...yay for custom animation!
Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Arsil : 12th May 2017 at 10:05 AM.
Speaking of the footprint...

Instructor
#58 Old 12th May 2017 at 2:55 AM
@icemunmun

Thanks for the explanation! Is it possible to raise the mat above rugs now with the new custom animation?

@Arsil

Thanks for the interesting footprint info and for updating the animation. Looking forward to checking it out in-game!

Inventor
Original Poster
#59 Old 13th May 2017 at 9:32 AM Last edited by Arsil : 14th May 2017 at 8:36 AM. Reason: parse-able -> parsable
It seems like the minimal amount of raising (Y coordinate) to get the mat above a rug is 0.005 tiles.
Maybe even something between 0.004 (not included) and 0.005 would work, I haven't tried.

The sinking effect is more noticeable, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Back-up your mat package and try this one (but maybe it's better to clone with renumbering
one of the two so you can compare them directly in-game).

Now I'm thinking about having also a very low-def mesh to use when the camera is far away,
the mat was made cloning a rug which has a very simple shape and so doesn't need more
than one LOD, but I don't want to bother icemunmun again (she already did a lot of work
and had to put up with me) and maybe I'm just being fixated with performance and optimization.

EDIT
I'm also a bit concerned that there are 2 resources not correctly parsable by S3PE:
- a texture (but I checked and this happened also with my original mat - the cloned round 1x1 rug)
- the TXTC
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_NappingMat_Mat_byIceMunMun_AboveRugVersion.package.zip (641.2 KB, 99 downloads)
Icy Spicy
#60 Old 13th May 2017 at 11:19 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 13th May 2017 at 11:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
It seems like the minimal amount of raising (Y coordinate) to get the mat above a rug is 0.005 tiles.
Maybe even something between 0.004 (not included) and 0.005 would work, I haven't tried.

The sinking effect is more noticeable, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Back-up your mat package and try this one (but maybe it's better to clone with renumbering
one of the two so you can compare them directly in-game).

Now I'm thinking about having also a very low-def mesh to use when the camera is far away,
the mat was made cloning a rug which has a very simple shape and so doesn't need more
than one LOD, but I don't want to bother icemunmun again (she already did a lot of work
and had to put up with me) and maybe I'm just being fixated with performance and optimization.

EDIT
I'm also a bit concerned that there are 2 resources not correctly parse-able by S3PE:
- a texture (but I checked and this happened also with my original mat - the cloned round 1x1 rug)
- the TXTC

- The un parsable texture is due to the empty specular of your original rug.( I can try deleting that file since I am adding a specular through the shader data tab)
- TXTC --- due to shader data change ? (not sure about this)

I agree about the requirement of a medium LOD. However, I have to look up how to add the medium LOD to an object which does not already have one. Can you enlighten me a little about the procedure( I can't find a way to add a LOD through TSRW yet).

And its no bother, since I like working on sims 3 stuff (also i am bored with sims 4 stuff!)
Inventor
Original Poster
#61 Old 14th May 2017 at 8:26 AM Last edited by Arsil : 14th May 2017 at 3:10 PM.
About the TXTC, I see this problem happening sometimes with objects edited with TSRW.
Not sure if it's a S3PE's shortcoming or if the resource is indeed formally wrong
(but still hopefully usable with no problems by the game).

Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
I agree about the requirement of a medium LOD. However, I have to look up how to add the medium LOD to an object which does not already have one. Can you enlighten me a little about the procedure( I can't find a way to add a LOD through TSRW yet).

Eh, not really. I think S3PE should be able to handle it. Here's what I know:

- I don't think we really need MLODs for the (drop? sun? I always mix them up) shadow,
unless we want the blanket to project one (the shadow meshes would also need 2 geostates);
- the VPXY needs (?) a reference to the MLOD too;
- the MODL must have a reference to the MLOD and a block/section for it, IIRC the ChunkEntries[1];
- creating the MLOD resource from scratch could be a challenge on its own, not sure how to approach
that. Duplicate the MODL and start from there? They may have a slightly different data structure.
Use the MLOD of another object and edit that accordingly? Sounds like a drag.
- EDIT: by the way, the MODL is the resource with a lower level of details (less vertices/polygons),
the MLOD is the one with a higher level.

This could be a useful exercise and a learning experience, but maybe it's better (and, at the end of the day, quicker)
to start from scratch cloning an object that already has MODL+MLOD and just use the mat's mesh and slots there.

Anyway, this is not the right place to discuss technical stuff. My bad, I was the one who started it.

EDIT: You know what? Forget I ever said anything. The mat's mesh is already low-poly
on its own, it doesn't need a lower level of detail.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 14th May 2017 at 11:11 AM
thansk
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 15th May 2017 at 3:47 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:55 PM
using the testing version so far, makes my Sims live so much easier!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#65 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 8:26 PM
I've wanted this mod since day one, even worse when they didn't give it back with Pets. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 4:54 PM
Does it will conflict with the first simple rug? I loved that one much more and i don't like the blankets
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 6:09 AM
I guess you could keep using that rug with the last version of the mod and just disable the tuck-in interaction.

2 ways to do that:
- With S3PE, open the .package file of the mod, right click on the ITUN resource with "TuckIn" in its name,
select "Notepad" (or "TextEditor", if you have defined an external one) and put "true" to the fields in the
"Disallow" tag near the top.
- NRaas Retuner (IIRC it also works with custom stuff).
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I guess you could keep using that rug with the last version of the mod and just disable the tuck-in interaction.

2 ways to do that:
- With S3PE, open the .package file of the mod, right click on the ITUN resource with "TuckIn" in its name,
select "Notepad" (or "TextEditor", if you have defined an external one) and put "true" to the fields in the
"Disallow" tag near the top.
- NRaas Retuner (IIRC it also works with custom stuff).

Thanks for the tip, it's worked
Test Subject
#69 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 12:30 AM
I seem to be having an issue with the textures on the mat where they won't display. I have all my settings except for mirrors/water and draw distance on High, and I've tried clearing my caches and uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. None of the functions are broken, just the textures. Any clue what could be the issue?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 3:04 AM
Hello - I have a set of twin babies that will soon be toddlers and I want to use this! My question (and so sorry if it's stupid - it probably is): which file do I use? I'm going to guess I need the animation package and at least one of the other two, right? Or do I need all three?! I'm going to put all three files within its folder into my MTS mods folder and see what happens; I always backup backup backup so if something goes goofy I should be safe! Love this btw and super thanks!
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 4:58 AM
Hi,

I'm having some issues with the textures on the sleep mat. It appears that I'm only getting the flat color of one channel for the whole mat (the screenshot is of the default color scheme [if the screenshot doesn't work, it's all just flat white]). I redownloaded the files a few days ago, and checked with Dashboard to make sure there weren't any conflicts (which there weren't). I'm not sure what the problem could be, but if you have any ideas, I would appreciate some help.

Thanks for your time.
Screenshots
Theorist
THANKS POST
#72 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 12:34 PM
Was wondering, noticed that you seem really good in your mods with animations, would it be possible to make a mod with an animation that allowed a toddler to get in and out of either a regular bed or a toddler bed to sleep? For me it wouldn't be necessary for extra interactions other than to sleep, I just think it's kinda silly a toddler can't get out of a bed. I saw one was made for sims 2 but not yet for sims 3. Thank you! Your mods are really good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:03 PM
Hi, this looks very adorable but in my game it is showing up in only one color. I can't change it in CAS at all. Is this some sort of glitch? Can anyone help me with this issue?
Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cat_8
Hi,

I'm having some issues with the textures on the sleep mat. It appears that I'm only getting the flat color of one channel for the whole mat (the screenshot is of the default color scheme [if the screenshot doesn't work, it's all just flat white]). I redownloaded the files a few days ago, and checked with Dashboard to make sure there weren't any conflicts (which there weren't). I'm not sure what the problem could be, but if you have any ideas, I would appreciate some help.

Thanks for your time.

Did you find a way to fix this issue? I'm having the same problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:43 AM
Awesome. Thanks.
Page 3 of 5