Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 1:56 AM
I got to the SS but there's no option in the phone to got to SS building. The others are there, the handshake, the hack grades one... Why can't I go to the SS lot?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 11:49 PM
Are you playing with a custom college or one of the Maxis ones? If it is custom, did you associate a secret society building with it? Do you have more than one college attached to the neighborhood with more than one secret society building? Might you have a hack conflict with either the SS or your phone options?

And are you sure that you aren't seeing it without recognizing it. My guys are mostly out of college now, so I haven't played on campus since December. I don't remember the exact wording of the option, but it was NOT "Go to Secret Society building" It's something a bit more understated. Something like calling for a ride.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#28 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 12:28 AM
It's under call>transportation>go to secret society.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Are you playing with a custom college or one of the Maxis ones? If it is custom, did you associate a secret society building with it? Do you have more than one college attached to the neighborhood with more than one secret society building? Might you have a hack conflict with either the SS or your phone options?

No custom college. Just one college attached. No hack conflict.

Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
It's under call>transportation>go to secret society.

Yes!!! Found it out yesterday! The only problem is that every time I go to the SS my game gets really slow 'cause there were too many sims in the lot. They almost didn't fit in the building!!. The solution was to spawn "The deleter" from the InSIM and erase everyone but me. Then the game performance got back to normal and after some seconds SS members started to come to the lot.
It's cool to go to the SS to study and max skills, you can stay there for hours and study, then you go back to your house/dorm and it is the same time that you leave the lot with, so like in a second you raised your grades!!

Edit: Other problem, when I click the phone and in the option "Go Home", it doesn't happen anything. The action vanishes in the action queue, so I have to go to the neighborhood and when I enter my sim's dorm he is getting down the limo.
#30 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 6:53 PM
I've never joined the Secret Society. I can't remember, but is there any advantages/disadvantages to joining?
Site Helper
#31 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 3:10 PM
Advantages: They have career and aspiration rewards in the building that you can use. There are three different buildings with different stuff, but they all have a cowplant, a ressurrectonomitron, and something which lets you make money. They also have a lot of cash on hand which you can use in the building to buy better stuff. If you have a personal inventory, you can take the stuff home with you, but even with just Uni the ability to buy a top of the line bed is handy. (You CAN sleep there.) You can also "hack grades" when you become a member, but be VERY careful doing that.

You get the new play social "secret handshake", and there is usually some really fun stuff for your sim to play with when they get tired of studying.

Disadvantages: Your sim is the only one who knows how to pick up a dish and wash it. You are also the only one who knows how to unclog a toilet, or clean a tub. This does not prevent 4 people from trying to cook in a one-man "kitchen" while you are busy getting something for yourself; it just means that you are likely to burn your food because you got knocked away from the stove. All three buildings need a bit of re-designing. And you need to go through the load time for the lot every time you go to the lot, or go home. Sometimes the lot will slow your system down. (set to slowmotion 3 and then put the timer on the second setting when that happens. Sometimes it helps.)
Oh, and they come at 10:00 at night to kidnap you. Whether it is convenient or not. (Although if you were in the middle of woohoo in a hot tub, they do have the courtesy to wait until you finish and get back out.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#32 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:56 PM
I have never been at the secret society and I have only heard some talk about it.... I didn't really know that it existed.... Maybe a stupid myth.... But how can I know who are the Secret Society members???
Forum Resident
#33 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 8:00 PM
nope not a myth. they wear sport coats and walk around the campus.... i think there might be a cheat so you can see the secret society house.... but i may be wrong, i don't play university much.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Field Researcher
#34 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 8:05 PM
I think the secret society members are the students with the llama blazers. I heard that you could also tell which ones they were by who sucks the most at music. But, while that is kinda funny, it's probably less reliable...

I've never been, and not sure if females can join anyway.

Ok, new mission: join a secret society. But first, must find information on how to do it...
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 9:57 PM
You need to make friends with 2 of the lama blazened males or femaled students. They frequent dormitories and community lots.

Females can join - it would be pretty sexist of maxis if they couldn't.

Good luck on your mission!!
Site Helper
#36 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 10:30 PM
It's 3, not 2. They also don't always wear the blazers. If you are in a dorm, watch the rooms that all the visitors wander into. Those are secret society members.

(If you have SimPe, you can also look at the memories of all the YA townies. Secret society members have a memory token for society membership. Just make a list of the names, then start calling them on the phone with the campus directory.)

#37 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 10:19 PM
I would love to discover a society. And by the way.... what is a SimPe?

I do play with a controllable guy created by Maxis (Almeric Davis, twinbrother of Aldrick Davis). He wears a llama blaze. I wonder... is he a society member?
One thing is that he wears the llama blaze all the time....
Site Helper
#38 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 1:12 AM
Controllable sims change clothes when you tell them to plan a new outfit, so the fact that they haven't changed is no indication of anything. I haven't played with either of those sims, but the blazer with the llama patch IS a secret society uniform. Can he use a computer to hack his grades? Does he have the extra option to go to the secret society building under Call Transportation? Does he have the ability to "Play-Secret Handshake"? If any of those are true, then he is a member. You can send him to the building to identify all the other members for the rest of your sims. (If you have OFB, you can give them all free makeovers and put some face paint on them or something.)

Otherwise, SimPE is a very powerful editing program at sims.ambertation.de
You can do a LOT with it, but you can also really mess up your game if you aren't careful. ALWAYS keep backups. But just looking at things WITHOUT making any changes to them is perfectly safe, and a lot of the other things that you can do with it are quite safe. (Including making recolors of items) Just don't "commit" or "save" any change that you are unsure of, especially if you didn't think you made any changes.

Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 8:12 PM
the lama blazer is black and the trousers are a dark maroon or black colour, there is a lama type outfit thats blue and white, the black one is the SS
#40 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 10:58 PM
I was at the secret society yesterday! Well... I cheated to get there. I did like it but the society wasn't anything as I expected. I had imagined a big building reminding me of some temple or castle full of career rewards..... And many dorms, party room etc. It was only a small house..... :smash:
Well.... I did like it but it would be so much more exciting if there were more secret members (I only saw 2-3) and a lot of more to do there. And where are the werewolves???
Site Helper
#41 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:33 PM
If you hang out at the building, the members who are there will eventually leave and new ones will come in. (There are three secret society building templates. Each university uses a different one.One of the buildings really is a badly designed castle.)

I don't have Pets, but I would assume that if you wait in the society building long enough one of the members who is a werewolf will show up. (Meanwhile you can work on skills or money.)

#42 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
If you hang out at the building, the members who are there will eventually leave and new ones will come in. (There are three secret society building templates. Each university uses a different one.One of the buildings really is a badly designed castle.)

I don't have Pets, but I would assume that if you wait in the society building long enough one of the members who is a werewolf will show up. (Meanwhile you can work on skills or money.)

How can I see if the person is a werewolf? Are there werewolves in all of the three unis?
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 2:39 AM
I believe I experienced a Pets bug while trying to get into the secret society. I was attempting to test my own custom built ss lot. I think my ss lot got deleted. I couldn't get abducted and when I used the phone to call the limo, my game crashed. After I placed it down again, everything worked fine. (I'm sure this only happened because my lot was custom built.) The patch fix list says:
Custom college lots will no longer be deleted if no Sims are living on it.
Also I believe it's another Pets bug that causes your sim to not be able to return home from visiting the ss lot. The patch fix list says:
Sims can now return home after visiting the Secret Society lot.

It seems that the ss members have the same names in all Universities. Correct me if I'm wrong. The one's I found are:
Autumn Jalowitz
Kenneth Chalmers
Phoenix Harris
Payton Monif
Using Simlogical's teleporter shrub, I found them all under the household name Livingston. I found it easy to find a different member on each different community lot I visited. So I suggest to find 3 members, have at least 3 or 4 community lots placed in Uni.
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th May 2007 at 9:39 PM
I have different SS members. Hailey Tellerman, Shane Lind, and I believe Shelton Butler.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th May 2007 at 10:22 PM
Without hacks, I just went to three different comm. lots, and each time a new member showed up. Easy as.
Site Helper
#46 Old 30th May 2007 at 10:29 PM
None of those names are on my list of SS members in three neighborhoods. I haven't checked the ones that are exclusively my husband's though. (Using SimPE to scan for member tokens.)

Page 2 of 2