Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 29th May 2013 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Then click "look at posts"?

I see now. Pardon me if this sounds mean, but he's not a troll, he's a cry baby. I have asbergers syndrome and I drive, I work, I have friends, and I plan on applying to college soon.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 29th May 2013 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
I see now. Pardon me if this sounds mean, but he's not a troll, he's a cry baby. I have asbergers syndrome and I drive, I work, I have friends, and I plan on applying to college soon.

Exactly.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th May 2013 at 3:06 AM
Now I'm glad I blocked him right after I read about his opinions on Male to female transgendered. Obviously, someone like that has nothing intelligent or insightful to add, and I didn't feel like getting angry at all his posts. I love the fact that mts hides the posts of people you block, so I got to avoid being constantly angry. In fact, I think he was the only person I ever blocked on the history of using the internet.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 29th May 2013 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Junezee
Now I'm glad I blocked him right after I read about his opinions on Male to female transgendered. Obviously, someone like that has nothing intelligent or insightful to add, and I didn't feel like getting angry at all his posts. I love the fact that mts hides the posts of people you block, so I got to avoid being constantly angry. In fact, I think he was the only person I ever blocked on the history of using the internet.

I've blocked people from editing on wikis (Conservapedia and RationalWiki, specifically, maybe on Wikipedia too some day), but I try to avoid blocking people from contacting me directly, be it in forums, email, social networking, etc. I typically only block people if they're giving me problems, problems that are usually abuse report worthy.

That said, I do remember seeing Matt in the forums now that I think of it, but some how I missed all of the opinion and hate stuff he was posting. I'm someone with very strong political views (views that Matt wouldn't like), but I try not to inject them too much in places like Mod The Sims where there's a wide variety of opinions and politics isn't the theme of the site.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 29th May 2013 at 3:30 AM
I guess, we can official say this thread got finally off-topic... But in another way keep surprisingly on-topic with the dog pee and other feces related things.
Guess it can be said that Matt seemed to be an enrichment and a burden to the forum. Jugging by the posts about him, I'm happy he is gone.

On-topic: Thanks for the infos, now I know what I have to take care of for my future dogs.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 29th May 2013 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheran
I guess, we can official say this thread got finally off-topic... But in another way keep surprisingly on-topic with the dog pee and other feces related things.
Guess it can be said that Matt seemed to be an enrichment and a burden to the forum. Jugging by the posts about him, I'm happy he is gone.

On-topic: Thanks for the infos, now I know what I have to take care of for my future dogs.

Okay, I'm about to say something mean, so apologies if this offends anyone...

This thread isn't off-topic at all; the thread is about dogs satisfying their bladder need, and Matt was full of s**t.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 29th May 2013 at 3:46 AM
I suspect this thread will be closed/locked, so if you guys want to keep it alive, stay on topic.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 29th May 2013 at 3:47 AM
That's what i ment with "...But in another way keep surprisingly on-topic with the dog pee and other feces related things. "

Sorry, I guess my sarcasm was too subtle. That happens quite often when I join a new community.

I'm not offended, don't worry.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 29th May 2013 at 4:31 PM
bnefriends, that was kind of the point I was trying to make with my post =P There is troll, and then there is your average bitter moron.

@On topic: Is there a way to direct your dogs to pee with boolprop controlpets on? I haven't figured out a way yet, and it would be handy being able to tell the dog directly rather than have owners command it. I'd like to leave the things alone, but when they go to rest for the tenth time with full energy and low bladder it gets on my nerves. Plus, my rl-dogs pee on command, so my pixel-dogs get the same treatment =P
Beautiful Dinosaur
#60 Old 29th May 2013 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
@On topic: Is there a way to direct your dogs to pee with boolprop controlpets on? I haven't figured out a way yet, and it would be handy being able to tell the dog directly rather than have owners command it. I'd like to leave the things alone, but when they go to rest for the tenth time with full energy and low bladder it gets on my nerves. Plus, my rl-dogs pee on command, so my pixel-dogs get the same treatment =P

I was assuming that the below referred to when controlpets is on - try waiting until your dog really has to go and click on the grass?

Quote: Originally posted by RazzleBerry
I've noticed that when my dog starts to really have to go, that's when the "pee here" option is available after clicking on the grass. So I just wait for that usually.

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 30th May 2013 at 12:15 AM
I would say I've tried that, but I guess it depends on how you define "really" have to go. I would think that is any shade below orange, but perhaps it's like the food bot. Everyone has to be a tenth of a millimeter from starving before it considers them hungry.

Someone ought to make a mod that enables it all the time.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 30th May 2013 at 12:28 AM
with "controlpets on" you can click on anything classed as "bush" (which includes rocks, but NOT all CC); you'll get option to "use". If you don't direct them you will find they automatically pee on a bush (you may not notice it, as they pee on the ground NEXT TO the bush, which then grows weeds), or the sidewalk by the mailbox. If they have peed in the house as puppies (good argument to NOT put puppies in house with a foundation!) and you never scold them (which would be mean if they can't get to the ground!) they will continue to pee in the house.

And I am such a control freak, I always play with "control on". It's especially useful to make them play (so you can tell them to have puppies). And if one is a bit aggressive, their first interactions will be to growl, etc, and it will be downhill from there - unless you intervene.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#63 Old 30th May 2013 at 1:25 AM
Thanks grammapat, I'll be sure to test with rocks or bushes. Do you by any chance have it set to activate controlpets at startup? I want to add petactioncancel and controlpets to the start up cheats, but I don't remember how it's done =P
Forum Resident
#64 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:13 AM
Someone who knows how to mesh should make Obama, Romney, McCain, Bush, Kerry, Gore, etc signs that dogs recognize as a device to satisfy their bladder meter. Could also make such signs that said "Atheism," "Religion," "Abortion," "Chevy," "Ford," "Homework," "Internal Revenue Service," "New York Yankees," "Boston Red Sox," etc.

I'm a Republican, but if I were the object creator, I would make one for both parties to keep the political flaming to a minimum, and I'm all for bipartisan humor.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:55 AM

You all taught me a new word today. I'll go sob and wash my eyes out with soap now.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 30th May 2013 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
You all taught me a new word today. I'll go sob and wash my eyes out with soap now.
craigboyce.com...?

In my 'hood the Slob is called Craig Royce (see http://www.modthesims.info/m/showth...91#post4148891). I thought this post was something about him!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 9:42 PM
I rarely post, but I've seen Matt post around here. He always came off as a bit of an a**hole, so I'm not surprised. I'm reading that page about him and it funny, yet odd that someone would write something about him.

If I can go off on a tangent, he reminds me of this person called "Fassa Albrecht". She was this person who used to just rant and go off on this guitar forum I hang out called "Ultimate Guitar". She got permanently banned in 2010 from the just annoying the off-topic section of the site. I've only experienced her shenanigans for a few months and all I remember is that she carried on a lot, was obsessed with Rush, and claimed to know at least 12 languages.

Are people that bored to just harass people online? When I "argue" with someone, I usually just point out some facts on why they're wrong. I don't say idiotic things to piss people off.
Instructor
#68 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 2:01 PM
On topic, I tested trying to make dogs pee with controlpets on, I tried dragging a dog's bladder meter right down into the red and then clicked on the ground, bushes, plants, and the floor inside the house but the option never appeared. Has anyone else tested this? Is it just my game that's weird?

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Mad Poster
#69 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_az13_a
On topic, I tested trying to make dogs pee with controlpets on, I tried dragging a dog's bladder meter right down into the red and then clicked on the ground, bushes, plants, and the floor inside the house but the option never appeared. Has anyone else tested this? Is it just my game that's weird?

I'm really glad you say that, because that is my experience too. That's why I asked, because I've never been able to make the option appear. I've had both un-trained and trained dogs, and different levels of bladder fullness, and it's just not an option no matter where I click.
#70 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 10:06 PM
On-topic: I'm kinda confused, are we talking about ways to have dogs pee at home without having to walk them? I just take them for a walk when they're ready to whizz/dump and it works out fine. I always train the cats to use the john, didn't know you could train dogs to pee anywhere except when they go for walks (I don't use any pet mods).

Also, what's the actual expiration date with threads? No matter what message board I'm on, there doesn't seem to be any way to win that game. If I find a really old topic that doesn't cover all of my questions, then choose to make a new thread about it because it's so old, someone inevitably jumps on like "Duh, gaaawd! Look there's already a thread on this! Maybe you should think about searching the site instead of repeat posting!!". If I post in the old thread, someone inevitably jumps on like "Duh, gaaawd! Why are you bumping this thread???".

I wish threads came with actual expiration dates in the OP. Like "If this thread is ___ days old, post something new, dingleberry".

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 10:12 PM
Little note about "favorite pee spot": I looked through the LUA-script "PeeonLocation". There is nothing about such spot coded, just "find nearest object". But there is a "search for person" function though... hehe. I guess it means just "search for person, then bark at them to go on a walk", not "find a person then pee on them".
Mad Poster
#72 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm really glad you say that, because that is my experience too. That's why I asked, because I've never been able to make the option appear. I've had both un-trained and trained dogs, and different levels of bladder fullness, and it's just not an option no matter where I click.

So when you 2 use the cheat, are you able to direct the dog/cat to do other things, like eat or "go here"? Cats and dogs WILL just pee randomly, and after awhile will always try to go there (whither it's in the house or not!). As for "use" option (there is NO "pee here" option) you have to click on something the game recognizes as a bush; in the game there are some Maxis "rocks" that fall in that category, and some of my CC "bushes" are usable. You can't click on the mail box or anything else (except of course for a cat & the cat box). If there are no bushes, they will either pick a flower bed or the sidewalk by the mail box. It's pretty simple, and I've used it enough to know it DOES work. Dogs don't have to be trained at all, and will even "use" a bush when they don't have to pee! So, again; put a maxis bush somewhere; "boolprop controlpets on"; click on bush/"use".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 3 of 3