Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 10:45 PM
Default Have you Pre-ordered Apartment Life?
So... How many of you have pre-ordered Apartment Life already? I have! Ha. I can't wait for it to be released, looks really good.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 12:12 AM
I will be pre-ordering from gamestop on the 1st.. when i get paid. Normally I pre-order as soon as I hear about the new expansions, but i waited b/c i wasn't sure if i would be moving out of this state before it was released.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 10:32 AM
already pre-ordered it >.<, can't wait until it's released ^^
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:49 AM
I'll be pre-ordering it from Play.com around the 1st too. My parents are heading away on holiday and leaving me some money, so I'll be able to afford it then. :D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#5 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:14 PM
I don't pre-order anymore. I just wait until the day it's released and head over to Best Buy to pick it up. TS2 isn't all that popular where I live, so I never have to worry about them running out.
#6 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:17 PM
wats the features in apartment life?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natalia
wats the features in apartment life?

Read around this forum.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:27 PM
I never pre-order; I get a week-month-year or so later when I remember. Although, sometimes (Pets, Seasons) I go straight to the store the day of because I would like to have it.

Best Buy bites pennies because they never have when they say they do it; it's always come back tomorrow or come back later.

Free Time I went to Target the day of and had no problems. I only went because I was bored and had time off. I figured that if I didn't pick it up, then I would forget later.

I'm indifferently curious.
8/2010
9/2011
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 2:24 AM
I pre-ordered through Amazon.com. As a reward for pre-ordering through them they send you an unlock code for a new cool orange computer.

ETA
Here is an image of the computer you get when pre-ordering through Amazon.com
#10 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:32 AM
No, I always just go to Gamestop and get it, they always have it so I just stopped pre-ordering games.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:16 PM
This will be the... Uh, third expansion pack that I don't pre-order. After the problems with Free Time and Seasons, not to mention the problems my computer is having with running all of the expansion packs, also my lack of money, I think I'll wait and see what the general consensus is before I buy it this time.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:34 PM
That's a really cool computer! I was thinking of pre-ordering from Amazon to get it. The patches are released pretty quick so I wouldn't hold off on getting a new EP just because it may need patching. I've never had an EP/SP to crash my game or mess it up. The most that's happened is some Sims get stuck or act strange. I haven't noticed anything major.
Scholar
#13 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:54 PM
ive only preordered once and that was for the base game, i usually dont bother since walmart will just about always have it or gamestop plus i tend to like to see what others think of it and get a good idea of the bugs ect plus more often than not im working so i cant play as often anyways

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
ive only preordered once and that was for the base game

Same here. There's a game store within walking distance from my office, so if I really want it right away I can just stop by there. I usually end up getting it online though since then I can "shop around" (and I wait with installing until I've read some bug and hack conflict reports anyway).
Forum Resident
#15 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:43 PM
Usually im busy with school and stuff when EPs come out, so have always ordered the EPs online to be delivered to my door, it's just easier than getting to a videogame store around here. I've had Apartment Life on pre-order on Play.com for quite a while now.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:47 PM
Nope, I'm gonna harass the people at every GameStop, EB Games, Walmart and Target in the Cleveland area until I find a copy on the day it's released... like I usually do. :P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 11:45 PM
I'm thinking about it, bit I wonder: is there a list of all the pre-order objects somewhere?
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
Usually im busy with school and stuff when EPs come out, so have always ordered the EPs online to be delivered to my door, it's just easier than getting to a videogame store around here. I've had Apartment Life on pre-order on Play.com for quite a while now.

Same here. My high street has 37 pubs/bars/restaurants, 11 estate agents, 13 hairdresser/barbershops, and 5 newsagents, yet the only place that sells video games is Woolworths, and they're usually pretty expensive. I always order games online, it's just easier that way.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:50 AM
Since there are TONS of video game stores here, it won't be a problem for me. I'll just wait 'til it comes out. lol
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:51 AM
not yet. I always just drive to my local target and they usually have it. I'm going to check online though to see what the bonus is too see if it is good. A lot of the times the copies sitting out have a sticker on them saying they come with the special item so, I'll see.

but to answer your question, no I did not preorder it yet.
#21 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 8:03 PM
Yesss. Yay for preordering? It's the only EP I've preordered since Uni. xD
Instructor
#22 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 9:34 AM
I've pre-ordered it through Play.com since it's cheaper there than any shop close to where I live. So I'll be saving some money. And since I live fairly far away from shops of any kind then it's faster to get it pr. mail than to go pick it up myself.

Feel free to call me Squash

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 4:54 PM
I didn`t pre-order it. But I plan on buying it the first day it comes out, like seriously, I have NEVER been this excited about an EP before. lol