Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Link Ninja
#76 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hweldon81
Charmful, I'm on a Mac too except I have up to BonVoyage. I highly recommend getting the SimBlender. I have one on every lot including community, owned, vacation etc. Given the choice of one hack alone this would be it without a doubt.

I also have Inteen and ACR as other major hacks. I plan to get Squinge's Cake (if it doesn't conflict with existing) and test it in a test hood. I also would only want it if it let me do Uni from home and still have on campus sims. I'll let you know what I discover. If it passes the test hood stage, I'll use it in my main hood where I have YAs at Uni already.

This would greatly make Uni more interesting because I could add into my storylines different reasons why sims went to campus or stayed at home (family economics, caring for babies of teen pregnancies, caring for elder parents etc.)

Hey! Yay a another sim mac-er. I actually DID get Simblender the day I posted about it. I didn't know I could use it before. It's already proved more than useful (I went and gave all Dormies makeovers/plastic surgeries to make them look more interestic and bearable instead of Maxinated, I might post before and after pics) That already made college so much more interesting!

Simsica was going to help me see if any of my current mods conflicted and I was going to run a test hood with the EP5 TeentoyoungAdult to see how I can get my current uni sims's college clocks back.

And if you find anything out on yours let me know. I know we're running on different EP configurations but I'm curious to see if you would have that same issue. If not it may just be the mod itself, because Squinge updated it and might have fixed the glitch but now it's all contained in the Free-Time mod. Would you use the EP5 version too since you're only up to BV?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 3:05 AM
I like to have my Sims make friends and go on dates during college. They won't have time for it once they have a job and kids to worry about
Test Subject
#78 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 6:45 AM
Right now I'm having my Sims influence people to do their term papers for them, so they get on the Dean's list every time. I also had one Sim join a secret society, but my Sim's family already has a Resurrect-O-Nomitron and a Cow Plant.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 2:24 PM
It's been several years since I really had fun at Uni! I now just rush them through it with one of the hacks to lower their days there.

In the beginning I made a Nancy Drew family and all her friends (Hardy Boys etc.) Yeah, I am kinda weird, nerdy.

When they all grew up I sent all 8 of them to college to the PineNut dorm. I think that was the most fun I ever had in the Uni hood. Because I cared about those Sims much more than later Sims, they had a blast! I think Joe was a Romance Sim, George (female) was a romance Sim. She was flunking due to all her romancing, Joe was romancing everyone, too. Nancy and Frank? were secretly in love, but her added boyfriend Ned was romancing George, and their were fights, fun, they went everywhere, done everything, and they even had to do George's assignments often because she was flunking college to the max!

Yes, it was a nerdy time for me, but probably the most fun I ever had in Uni. Just make Sim characters that you really, really like and you will think of ideas to keep it interesting. It was always fun to see the game unfold as if they knew what I was thinking and then they (the Sims) would do exactly that without my help. Funny, good times.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 2:52 PM
I still don't know how people go about making university boring. There's so much room for drama!

Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys is a great idea! Nerds have more fun!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:36 AM
I am STILL so bored of university. I am now one of those people who only sends their kids to college so that they can get better jobs (I know there is a cheat for this, but I try to avoid using it if I can) and so that their parents can have the memory of their kids going to college. I haaaaate it.

I did once have someone raise a baby in college, though, that was pretty cool. I also had a different sim sleep with as many guys as she could, since I usually make my sims stay monogamous. I think she was up to 20.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:42 AM
easy, just make your sims start streaking
Page 4 of 4