Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:19 AM
Default Werewolves vs Vampires....Oh my
Alright I am trying to figure out what my Sims should be. I have never had a werewolf. Just vampires. The reason for vampires is they are immortal unless in the sun then they burn to death. Soooo

Are werewolves immortal? Or no? Because I want my Sim family to be immortal.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:47 AM
No, werewolves age just like normal sims, so if you want your family to be immortal creatures, they'd have to be vampires or zombies, since they don't age at all
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:51 AM
Well grr. That works though. Thank you, Rulue.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th May 2012 at 10:07 AM
You could always make them immortal if you like.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#5 Old 26th May 2012 at 10:48 AM
You could always download and poke around with BoilingOil's Slow Aging Controller. You can edit in SimPE for general age settings, and you can also edit in game on a sim-by-sim basis.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:08 PM
You can always make a werewolf into a vampire and then you'd have an immortal one.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:36 PM
Okay do I need a hack for that? Because I did see one, OR, can I just do it and get it over with? o.O

And if that is the case, if you are indeed BOTH, can a Vampire go out in the daylight, and not becoming a crispy thing of ashes.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2012 at 7:34 PM
It can be done under the normal game mechanics. I think you then have a werewolf that can't go out in sunlight, but I could be wrong - never done it. A lot of people on here have (not to mention piling on plantsimism, witchiness, etc.). Get one and find out what its limitations are!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 26th May 2012 at 11:03 PM
Werewolf/vampire hybrids do not tolerate sun, no. At least not without hacks that allow vampires to tolerate sun. (But then, ALL your vampires would be affected.) But they are quite immortal. Also, Vampire/PlantSims are a very interesting hybrid... Yep, I'm one of those folks who likes supernatural hybrids. One of my current favorite Sims is an Atrociously Evil ZombiePlantVampire.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2012 at 2:27 AM
Well, I did find a hack that allows Vampires to actually be in the sun and not burn. But I am sort of scared to download, I really do not want it fracking up my game. Its from this site called:

Sims2workshop

or something like that. O.O

Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 27th May 2012 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Levera
Well, I did find a hack that allows Vampires to actually be in the sun and not burn. But I am sort of scared to download, I really do not want it fracking up my game. Its from this site called:

Sims2workshop

or something like that. O.O

Don't worry. In general, hacks won't ruin your game. At worst, they will make some functions not work right. This is usually because it's conflicting with something that you already have or because it requires an EP that you don't have. Most people who create hacks are very good about informing downloaders of what other hacks theirs will conflict with and also good about updating that info when they receive conflict/error reports from users. So between that and installing hacks properly (Reading any documentation the creator supplies is essential!), you should be just fine. But if worst comes to worst and you find that something isn't working right, once you take the hack out, you'll be fine again. Trust me. I counted my hacks last night. I have 857 of them, and I have no problems, though I do have the occasional conflict that I have to resolve when I install something new, which often involves simply renaming files so that the one hack loads into the game either before or after the other, depending on what's required.

That said, I used to have a non-burning vampire hack, which I think came from right here at MTS, and while it worked just fine, in the end I decided that vampires just aren't vampires if they can walk around in daylight like their not-undead brethren, so I removed it. IMO, they're also not vampires if they can eat food, so I have a hack that makes it so they actually feed on Sims (i.e. their Hunger need is filled when they bite someone), but they DON'T turn everyone they bite into a vampire. You can choose whether or not they do. (I do so by rolling a die, plus give them a possibility of killing their victim, whom I kill using the Death Creator after the vamp sucks 'em dry. )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
#12 Old 27th May 2012 at 10:22 PM
There's a vampire sunblock on here, just search for that under downloads and you'll find it.
I have yet to have vampires in my game, but werewolves are pretty cool!
My first sim in my Harris family (now over 8 generations) was a werewolf, since I was kinda bored with the game being repetitive, I thought I'd try something different. Well that worked. : D
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:28 AM
I have Carrigon's vampire daylight hack, which I believe is the Sims 2 workshop one (I have all EPs/SPs) and that works really well. It does tend to make your vamps a bit overpowered, since they don't have the motives plummeting during the day, but it plays well with all of the other hacks I have for vamps (Black Spirit's bite modifications, a no-skin/eye overlay, an aging hack to make them age normally, and a no-vampire-thumbnail one I created for my own game so they don't have the vampy portrait.)

I prefer having werewolves, though (again with a no-personality-change, transform-every-3-nights, and no-eye-color-change modifications - I like my supernaturals a bit closer to vanilla.) Just be sure to prep some food close to transformation time.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:58 AM
Hmm, thank you, Julieryc. I ended up changing Spencer and Dina back, due to the fact, they didn't want their teenage kids to become one But I really wanted that hack, so I am glad that it doesn't go all weird on other hacks. Thanks again