Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 9:17 PM
Default AL Skills - Do they help maximize other skills?
Something odd has happened in my game THREE times: Sim X learned all of the skills that come with AL, then when I order him/her to study the ordinary skills (i. e. Cooking) just maximizes the skill in seconds. So, in my game I had 2 children and 1 young adult that maximized all 7 skills in seconds. What's happened? Have the AL skills some sort of "perk" that makes this happen (I've heard of Physiology increasing Body, but the others, no)?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 9:30 PM
There's a glitch that causes Physiology to increase other skills as well. It was only supposed to be Body, but...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 9:37 PM
I haven't noticed Physiology to do anything other than body. I've had a few sims learn quite a few but never all the AL skills so I don't know about that. My sims have to roll the want to skill those and I guess nobody has ever wanted them all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 10:39 PM
Do you have the Apartment Life patch? If I remember right, the patch fixes a glitch where Physiology affected every skill instead of just body.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 11:25 PM
Almost everything in alfixes was fixed in later patches, so gummilutt made a mod to be used instead of alfixes that fixes only the Physiology-immediately-maxing-Body glitch. The reason you may want to use this instead of alfixes is that alfixes is more likely to have conflicts with other mods.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 11:26 PM
Not necessarily, Orilon. My game is fully patched, and having a Sim learn Physiology will still mean they will more or less instantly max out their Body points once they engage in an activity that increases Body skill. I believe Cyjon has a fix for it...but I actually rather like this "benefit" of learning Physiology. So, I haven't fixed it, myself.

That said, I've never noticed any of the "Extra" skills conferring any speed-learning benefits on any of the other "regular" skills.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 12:02 AM
Fully patched with alfixes removed because it clashed with the simlogical school- my sims gain all body skills after learning physiology and I like it. One small perk seeing i use a slower skilling mod and it's only sims who want to learn physiology who gain it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 1:05 AM
It was patched in AL, and then broken again in M&G. So that's why the patch fixes it for some and not for others.