Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 1:45 PM
Default Secret Society
I went to all the trouble of getting my sim to know 3 secret society people and the limo came and she got in it and then... nothing. The screen loaded for LFT society or what ever it is and then shearrived back home. Am I missing something? Did i do something wrong? Anybody else had problems like this or know what on earth is going on?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 3:42 PM
Hmmm.... Try checking around on the phone for an option to go to the secret societyt lot. There should be one.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#3 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 3:59 PM
Yeah what Dave said. Sounds like a weird glitch.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:03 PM
I think all you need for being in Secret Society is having 5 Secret Society friend I always make my sim unsocial and call all of the sims in campus then black limo come and take me to Secret Society =)
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:29 PM
You only need three friends in the society to join. I have noticed though, sometimes it takes a day or two for the limo to actually turn up and for them to cuff you etc.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Psy10
Yeah what Dave said. Sounds like a weird glitch.

Wow! Someone knows my name without it being plastered in my signiture! yay!

Anyway, yeah, glitch. Try calling a taxi and seing if the Secret society lot is available. Is this a maxis made uni? Or your own creation?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 5:33 PM
Do you have more than one Uni Campus sub-neighbourhood attached to your main neighbourhood? This sounds like a glitch that happens if you have more than one secret society lot. Having, for example, La Fiesta Tech and Sim State both attached to Pleasantview would mean that there are two Secret societies for Pleasantview, and this glitch would occur. The only ways to solve this seem to be to rezone the SS lot (tricky) or to delete a University.
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 12:21 AM
I have two unis, Thanks guys I'll go delete the one I don't use. I moved all my favourite sim students over to my custom one anyways so I don't need Le Fiesta Tech anymore.
#9 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 12:45 AM
The secret society is really getting on my nerves.I had one of my sims seek out three members to join,just to see what it was all about and now it seems to be a snowball effect. It seems I have kidnappings every night at really bad moments. What really gets on my nerves when they come during a graduation party and kidnap the guest of honor.I'm trying to get that sim out of my house,dorm or greek house and they take them right in their cap and gown. I decided to make the most of thing at the secret society. I have my newly initated sim cause trouble,like have them influence them to fight,flirt and prank each other. During the fighting I have discovered several werewolves that are in the society. I also put a gate on the fence that hold the cowplant and watch them get eaten.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CajunBelle0731
The secret society is really getting on my nerves.I had one of my sims seek out three members to join,just to see what it was all about and now it seems to be a snowball effect. It seems I have kidnappings every night at really bad moments. What really gets on my nerves when they come during a graduation party and kidnap the guest of honor.I'm trying to get that sim out of my house,dorm or greek house and they take them right in their cap and gown. I decided to make the most of thing at the secret society. I have my newly initated sim cause trouble,like have them influence them to fight,flirt and prank each other. During the fighting I have discovered several werewolves that are in the society. I also put a gate on the fence that hold the cowplant and watch them get eaten.

There are werewolfes in the society?!?! How??
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
There are werewolfes in the society?!?! How??

Haha, yes, unfortunately that feature comes only with Pets :D

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
#12 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 3:39 PM
lol That's funny. I need to send some kids to college, not done that in a while.
Site Helper
#13 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 7:17 PM
That's what happens when the secret society inducts someone who can't keep a secret....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joeySimzee
Haha, yes, unfortunately that feature comes only with Pets :D

Yeah, I know, I've got the Pets EP, but haven't seen any werewolf in the University at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 4:20 AM
omg, i have never seen this in my game
how do i do to make the society not-so-secret anymore (and the members get mad at my sim)?

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
Yeah, I know, I've got the Pets EP, but haven't seen any werewolf in the University at the moment.

Haha, okay. But I'm sure there're werewolves in the secret society - even though I don't have pets :P

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
#17 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 5:55 PM
wow, that sheds a whole new light on the secret society. i used to loathe it. i literally turn on the move objects cheat to delete the limo. i hate that cursed thing! its such a pain, it always comes when my sims are on a roll in school. then i have to wait for the secret society to load and it's a waste of time.

but, if there are werewolves, that's something altogether different. that's interesting
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 3:33 PM
There is a hack, probably on MATY, that stops the abductions.

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984
#19 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 4:40 PM
Yes there are lots of werewolves in the secret society.Once one is revealed,the rest seem to reveal themselves too.
Site Helper
#20 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cereja-chan
omg, i have never seen this in my game
how do i do to make the society not-so-secret anymore (and the members get mad at my sim)?

Once you have 3 people in a household who are members of the secret society, everyone else in the household will now have 3 secret society friends. Which means they will start getting kidnapped too. I'm not sure what gets them mad; maybe they get tired of inducting everyone on campus and blame your third sim for not being able to keep a secret.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 1:53 PM
hhhhmmmmm......Why the third sim? I would have thought it would have been the first who couldn't keep a secret :S

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 1:40 PM
I have a question.

Being the lazy cheat that I am, I used InSim to add my sim to the secret society, expecting something to immediately happen and then...nothing. Did I do something wrong or does it take a while for anything to happen? And what's this about kidnappings? O_o
Site Helper
#23 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 5:15 PM
Kidnappings are the way you get into the secret society without a cheat. You get the driver of a limo appearing at the most inconvenient time of night he can manage (usually about 10:00), yelling at you, handcuffing you, and marching you out to the car to drive off. Using the cheat simply bypasses all of the drama. As a memeber of the secret society, you are now able to call for transportation and go to the society headquarters, hack your grades (carefully) with a computer, use society money to buy stuff at the headquarters and bring it home with you (assuming you have an ep which gives you an inventory), borrow the cowplant and ressurrectnomitron from the headquarters (along with the other stuff which seems to vary from college to college), and do the secret handshake with another member. If you have an inventory, you can use the cowplant to get rid of cow mascots, providing the cow mascots are not too dirty. Otherwise, they serve mostly as decoration unless you like taking down the fence and letting society members get eaten. You should also have a new outfit in your dresser which has a llama head patch on it.
The society building is usually very good for skill building. (Especially cleaning, as none of them seem able to wash a dish or mop up a puddle.) They tend to be loaded with career and aspiration rewards.

#24 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 4:07 PM
Note: if a sim is abducted but the game loads home again, the next night he would be abducted again. To prevent that, simply use the cheat to add the sim to the SS: it wouldn't actually be a "cheat" as the sim would already meet the conditions to belong anyway
#25 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 3:20 AM
Thanks for all these hints, guys!!!
Page 1 of 2