Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 6:54 PM
Default For Sims 2 Only (with Pets) Players Got Some Nightlife!
Anybody buy Family Fun Stuff Pack only because it held some things from the past EPs?

I didn't know, nor did it say it in the pamplet, but when I tried it out, I got some Game Tips on a few things. I'll list the stuff that I found out, but I only got this yesterday.

- Chemistry
- Turn Ons & Offs
- Infleunce
- Fury (Possibly)
- Seeing Other Houses from Your Lot.

This may be old news, or something else, but was there anything else?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 7:20 PM
you cna get cars if you have nightlife
Theorist
#3 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 1:22 AM
Yeah, there's always some stuff included from previous expansions included in the newest expansion, it's been this way since The Sims 1. I read in a preview that the lot renaming option is also included with Pets (was in OFB first). OFB also includes everything on your list.
#4 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 1:31 AM
what about LTWs, didn't they come with Uni and every other EP since?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:17 AM
Wait, so if I uninstall nightlife and have the other expansions all installed, then I will still have chemistry and turn ons?

because nightlife slows my game down the most of any expansion.
#6 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sumpsychochic
Wait, so if I uninstall nightlife and have the other expansions all installed, then I will still have chemistry and turn ons?

yes, but not, I think, the very useful dating feature that I always use to get my sims back in plat
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sumpsychochic

If you do that you won't be able to play any of your families ever again, you will have to start from scratch.

With each expansion pack the save files are saved differently so you can't play them if you don't have the expansions installed with it.

Be mindful of this when considering uninstalling Nightlife.
#8 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9
If you do that you won't be able to play any of your families ever again, you will have to start from scratch.

With each expansion pack the save files are saved differently so you can't play them if you don't have the expansions installed with it.

Be mindful of this when considering uninstalling Nightlife.

Even if you have OFB or Pets over it? I thought OFB and/or Pets overwrites the format again so it'd still work without Nightlife in the middle there... no?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ambnumber11
Anybody buy Family Fun Stuff Pack only because it held some things from the past EPs?
- Chemistry
- Turn Ons & Offs
- Infleunce
- Fury (Possibly)
- Seeing Other Houses from Your Lot.

Glamour life stuff also contains the influence/ chemistry system, which is why these stuff packs should be treated more like EPs than just a collection of objects.

Quote: Originally posted by yamikuronue
Even if you have OFB or Pets over it? I thought OFB and/or Pets overwrites the format again so it'd still work without Nightlife in the middle there... no?

Each EP apparently changes the format, so you may find that if you remove any EP or stuff pack your savegames will not be functional. It is also good to bear in mind that if you uninstall any EP/ SP, the game will erase your neighbourhoods, downloads and saved sims too, so backup first! My daughter and I tried transferring our neighbourhoods to each other's computers with different versions of the game installed, to see what would happen- we found that any savegames made with an EP not installed on the computer would just not show up in game. When I uninstalled NL and transferred my neighbourhood files over, my daughter's game behaved as though there were no neighbourhoods at all installed- the game seemingly didn't read the files.
#10 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 8:56 PM
For a second I thought when you said Chemistry you meant a Chemistry set - I was about to complain that I didn't have that in my game =P.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 8:46 AM
Ahh, that's one of the many things I miss from the sims 1.... especially the lurrrrve potions!
#12 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 9:05 AM
But if the next ep In Season comes out, then a Stuff pack, would I just be able to get the stuff pack and get weather?
#13 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 3:29 PM
Is In Season a stuff pack or an EP? o.o I thought it would just be a Stuff Pack which had a nifty little weather feature or something.. Or just various seasonal objects. Meh, I'll go research =D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 3:34 PM
In Season is I think a full ep, from what the little brochure that came with pets said. I think it gives us new objects and animations as well as weather.
In other news, I accidentally uninstalled nightlife when I installed pets, and my families that were already in the game were not playable. But on the other hand, when I re-installed it, there was no problem!

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melanie
But if the next ep In Season comes out, then a Stuff pack, would I just be able to get the stuff pack and get weather?

No because seasons are obviously the main focus of the EP even EA isn't that stupid to include it in a stuff pack. It only things that are4 core mechanisms like influence or LtWs.