Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 6:58 AM
Default What are you expecting from Apartment Life?
Come on guys! Spill out! What are your expectations and what are your wishes from the new coming EP?

For example I definately want YA stage back for the regular life apart from university
I'm also looking forwards to all playground equipments
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 7:20 AM
Ever since coltraz suggested that apartments might require a more complex financial system for roomies, I've been hoping EAxis was thinking the same way.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 7:21 AM
Annoyance.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 7:33 AM
If it is real, I would really like play ground type stuff for children and teens, because a lot of family apartment complexes in my area have play grounds.

I would also appreciate furniture that's more appropriate for smaller homes and apartments. I can see that apartments could cause major lag for people with older computers, I wonder if Maxis has taken that into account.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 8:04 AM
I kinda like the apartment idea. I'm not sure how it will work out, but I'm hoping that YA can live in apartments, because that's more feasible than living in the dorm for your tenure at college or renting a home.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 5:09 PM
I'm expecting it'll be fun, but I'll have to give up Inteen (as it won't be updated).

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Theorist
#7 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 5:25 PM
I'm pretty much looking forward to it. That being said, I felt the same for FT and TS3 but changed my mind after seeing the screens and reading the infos.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 7:31 PM
Bad Maxian Programming and Reused Animations.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 9:07 PM
Hmm, I'd like seeing smaller furniture indeed. Maybe even a Maxis Bunkbed, if an apartment is ever short on bedrooms, theres your case, bunkbeds. Something laundry related like a laundry mat. and an update on garbage cans. You cant just put garbage on a curb in an apartment. You take it out to the back dumpster. Otherwise, I dont really mind.
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishellia
Hmm, I'd like seeing smaller furniture indeed. Maybe even a Maxis Bunkbed, if an apartment is ever short on bedrooms, theres your case, bunkbeds. Something laundry related like a laundry mat. and an update on garbage cans.

I'd love to see a teeny tiny stove with like 2 burners and a loft-type bed (or bunkbed).

I'd also love to see both price ranges of apartments. Like a set of old, trashy apartments and a nice,classy building with a doorman. Will there be an intercom/buzz-up system, I wonder?

Formerly known as boolPropped
Theorist
#11 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 9:49 PM
What am I expecting? Probably not anything that great, as it seems every other EP does not have a lot of effort put into it. Bon Voyage and especially Pets felt like "step" packs...more advanced than a stuff pack, but not quite as good as what a real expansion pack should be.

Now with that out of the way, I agree with the idea of having bunk beds. If they don't add those with this EP I wonder if they ever will. Hopefully if the apartment you're playing in isn't too big then the neighbors won't vanish like in dorms and hotels. Spiral stairs are a must. Somebody else already made one so it's clearly possible in The Sims 2, there just needs to be one where pets don't teleport up them.
#12 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 10:51 PM
Tiny stuff that fits in apartments, whoo! Like you guys said, spiral stairs and bunk beds would be really nice, because even though I already have those objects in CC, it would be nice to see a Maxian version as well.
Also, more IKEA-esque furniture perfect for apartments! And hopefully more building options, such as the ability to put a pool on a roof, for pimped-out penthouses :D
#13 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 9:19 PM
i LOVE the idea of an apartment expansion pack, but I think it's kinda unecessary seeing that a big selling point of The Sims 3 is apartment living...

But i must second the family playground thing ohh and community garden
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juniperfigs
i LOVE the idea of an apartment expansion pack, but I think it's kinda unecessary seeing that a big selling point of The Sims 3 is apartment living...

Not really, because due to various reasons not everyone will be buying the Sims 3, I know I won't!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juniperfigs
... a big selling point of The Sims 3 is apartment living...

It is? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, what gave you that impression?

Regardless of that, I want my dear Sims 2 sims to be able to live in apartments. Right now I can't imagine giving up on them just because I might enjoy playing Sims 3 when it comes out. I'm very attached to my little pixel people...
#16 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 12:40 PM
I'm expecting pretty much the same thing I always do... lots and lots of bugs.

It's always the same. I'm always excited about a new EP until I remove my hacks (I don't realize how much I rely on them until I take them out) and test the game and find tons of bugs. After reporting them both on MATY and the official site, I sit back and wait for fixes to them (obviously not from EAxis) and wait until the hacks I use are updated before playing again. Usually once I play the game, I'm not nearly as excited as I was before playing it. And now that there's a chance the baby gym and bouncy seat won't be in the game, that would just further my disappointment.
#17 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 4:38 PM
Stuff for my kids to play in. Chances are, most of my sims won't actually live in apartments but in their own houses, but I'm getting the EP anyway.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 10:22 AM
more animations then in university
more new mechanics then in nightlife
more things to do then in ofb
more cool then pets
less cool then seasons
more cooler places to go then in bv
less way to increase hobby entusiashm then in ft

and apartments
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WorkYourMagic
more animations then in university
more new mechanics then in nightlife
more things to do then in ofb
more cool then pets
less cool then seasons
more cooler places to go then in bv
less way to increase hobby entusiashm then in ft

and apartments

LOL :laugh: :laugh:
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 1:31 PM
I'm expecting there to be apartments.
#21 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:39 AM
I agree!
Quote: Originally posted by JadeEliott
Bad Maxian Programming and Reused Animations.

I agree, :agree: I probably won't buy it. But if I were to buy it, I would hope:
- apartments
- new options for the toddlers
- the ability to take toddlers to community lots
- playground equipment
- ceilings
- and spiral stairs.

Just my 2 cents, billy
#22 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:21 PM
The witches, playground and butler sound very cool, but I was hoping for more Superstar stuff I wonder if they are adding more... I miss stuff like the Aquarium you could swim in, the freefall simulator, the tub you could take milk/mud baths in, and having Sims recognize your Superstar Sim and go nuts!
Alchemist
#23 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 2:59 PM
I'm expecting a LOT from this EP, especially if it's to be the last. I really hope EAxis goes all out and makes it really engaging. I hope they don't obviously skimp on things.
#24 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 1:59 AM
Hmm I saw a clip on you tube of Sims doing standup and other entertainment, and there's supposedly a "reputation meter", so maybe Sims can be famous after all..
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:44 PM
Im excited about the playground eqipmentment.
More fun for the little sims!
Page 1 of 2