Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 4:25 AM
Default Apartment Life Chats
Anyone else going to try to attend one of them?

I'm going to ask about the new objects for babies; seeing if we can get some more general information about them, making sure they're even still included with the game, and I'd also like to know if they have any long lasting affect on the kids, like personality or interests changes or something along those lines.

What questions do ya'll want to know the answers too?

(In case you missed the post at snootysims, or the post here in the news section, chat is this Thursday, the 7th...they are doing two chats to make it so European simmers can attend easier. Times are 10 Am (US)/19:00 (Europe) & 4 Pm (US)/01:00 (Europe).

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:10 AM
Honestly, I want to ask if they are planning on having an option to make the lots apartments lots. You know, the way you can choose residential or community on the neighborhood screens. I would hate to have to put in a cheat to change the zoning like with dorms in uni. b/c sometimes the cheat doesn't work right. That's my big question.

but yes, I'll be attending one of them, if i can get in.
I would ask if this is going to be the last expansion for sims2 but I know they probably won't answer it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 5:13 PM
I probably wont be able to attend either one of them.But i would like to know more about the baby/toddler objects and the playground objects.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 9:40 PM
I don't have any specific questions so I most likely wouldn't attend even if I wasn't busy at work. I'm looking forward to reading the chat transcripts though, as always.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:01 PM
I have the same question as kittielickie, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 1:35 AM
Since I volunteer... I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the chat. I think I'll go in after 11. I'm not on a schedule either, so I'll probably take the whole day off just for the chat.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 4:33 AM
*sigh*
Why do I have the feeling that this chat will be just as bad as the others where ignorant people who can't even take the time to read the damn AL section at the same website as the chat will be in ask the most useless questions that we already know the answer to? And kissing the Maxoids' ass by wasting chat telling them how great they are or ask stupid questions! It's such a waste of chat! And on top of that, we get the same questions asked over and over and Maxoids can't even edit the chat right? Then again, Maxoids should learn how to edit chats better and omit all questions that are asked twice or more and omit useless kiss-ass comments. :mean:

But of course I will still read the chat because I always have and I always will since we will still eventually get some new info. I just hope we get some really good questions and that they can be answered.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 12:03 PM
I agree Frankie. I feel that people ask the worst questions!! And the ass kissing is horrible. I'll still go on there and type my question like a million times and pray that they answer it. I'll scream if someone asks a really stupid question like, "Can the witches do magic?" AHHHH! I can see it already.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 12:11 PM
They'll probably answer to questins about stuff we already know. At least that's how it appeared in previous chat events.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 2:10 PM
Haha, what I don't like is, when the same question is asked over and over, the Maxoids keep answering in their jolly cheery way, as usual.
Idiot 1: So, can you buy aparments in this EP? Btw, maxis, you rock!
Maxoid: Yes, you can!
Idiot 2: Erm, what's the main feature in aparment life?
Maxoid: Your sims can rent apartments!

Grrr, it's so predictable, some of the idiots in the chat make me wanna vomit.
Think I'll save it for the transcripts, the chats go too slow for my liking anyway. Waste an hour watching it tick by, when I could read the chat transcript in 5 minutes, skimming past all the bum-suck stuff.
Can't say I even know what time the chats are on here in the UK. Time zones confuse me.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 5:15 PM
I am probably going to slide into the 11 am chat.

The only question I have is about pets. I know in the fan write ups it said there were like 5 apartment friendly dogs in little pens, but I want to know if we for sure can have the regular dogs and cats from the Pets EP.

Also, I totally agree about the stupid questions! For the Freetime chat, I counted one question asked 4 times, just with different wording, and the answers were the same! I get so tired of seeing my questions ignored when the same questions get past the moderators over and over again!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 5:24 PM
I for one, if I get into the chat, will ask first "Are you going to answer the same repetitive questions, as well as the stuff we should already know?" Then I'll ask an interesting question like "How will the several social groups effect sims we already have in game? Will they work like the hobbies, by the group they first meet up with?" and yada yada yada...

I also assume that they are going to have questions like:

"ARE THERE REAAAAALY GONNA BE CEEEELINGS?!111oneoneoneeleven"
"How many families can live in an apartment building?"
"What are apartments?"
"WHY DOESNT' THIS FOLLOW THE PATTERN?!!!"
"Why are you so awesome Maxoid*insertyadahere?"

I can only imagine.

Alchemist
#13 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 5:27 PM
So When will it be on in GMT time?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:24 PM
They're answered the question of what age groups can be witches three times now...
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:31 PM
Okay, what I saw that was interesting...

There is a new death-by murphy bed

To make an apartment, you have to use the lot zoning cheat.

The butler cooks,cleans, tends to children, pays bills and answers the door.

Parents can read their children to sleep now.

The hidden door bookcase can be activated by a certain book.

Witches are teen through elder.

There is a new hot dog/gyro food stand.

They didn't answer if this is the last expansion pack, which leads me to believe that it's not or they would have said so.
Theorist
#16 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:34 PM
I can't get on, That is very annoying...
It says 'my account has been disabled', well, I've never been on a "chat" before, hows that work then?

EDIT: Oh, Its now ended...

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
#17 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:42 PM
Quote:
Parents can read their children to sleep now.

Awww! That is so sweet! XD Any word on the new baby items? I also wonder if they are going to include those little burger stands that look like the Bon Voyage food stands except they serve hotdogs and things. I can't wait to read the transcript. I find them amusing it not always informative. XD

Dream
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Awww! That is so sweet! XD Any word on the new baby items? I also wonder if they are going to include those little burger stands that look like the Bon Voyage food stands except they serve hotdogs and things. I can't wait to read the transcript. I find them amusing it not always informative. XD

Dream

Nope. They didn't say a word about babies. I did forget to add they said there is a new hot dog/gryo food stand.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 7:03 PM
the transcript got posted
Theorist
#20 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 7:04 PM
edit:

Yes, I'm too Impatient

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#21 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 7:05 PM
"Parents can read their children to sleep now."

This I love!

I personally wish they would have included a hot dog cart instead of a stand. I miss the one from TS1, and I also miss the ice cream counter... Oh, well, I'm not complaining though since we're getting some awesome stuff with this EP.

I wonder about the baby objects though - hopefully they'll be included, but I'm starting to think that they discovered a problem with the baby interactions shortly after that fan day video clip was posted and that we won't get them after all... Pessimistic thinking, I know, but... :O(
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 7:11 PM
People kept asking the same ? over an over again.I didnt get my question answered though.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 7:24 PM
Yeah, they answered really, really stupid questions. I asked about the apartments zoning cheat and they ignored me, but answered the same question about 10 minutes later. Oh, my favorite stupid question was.....

"Do your sims have to pay rent?" LOL

"Do you have to live in an apartment? AHHHHH STUPID PEOPLE!!!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 7:26 PM
Yes. For example you can have a Vampire Witch.
The thing I wanted to hear the most

My favorite stupid question was the balconies :doh
Alchemist
#25 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 8:31 PM
I have no idea when the next chat is. 4:00 PDT? What does that mean? I live on the east coast of Canada. What's 4:00 PDT mean to me?
Page 1 of 4