Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 8:24 PM
About landlords...
Is there a way for a sim to buy an apartment building, live in one apartment, and rent the rest out as the landlord, using an actual apartment setup and not a hack?
I'm very inexperienced with apartment life setups. Thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZarinaDrac
Is there a way for a sim to buy an apartment building, live in one apartment, and rent the rest out as the landlord, using an actual apartment setup and not a hack?
I'm very inexperienced with apartment life setups. Thank you!

Not really, no. You can't purchase a lot that has been turned into apartments - only rent them for a family. The closest thing you could do would be to make a multiple family, family with 2-3 couples with each their own "apartment" in a residential lot, but that could get crowded real fast. :einstein
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 3:17 AM
Okay, next question then.

Is is possible to set the apartment up as a community lot, have a sim buy the lot as a commercial property, use the apartment cheat to change the zone, and then have the original owner still have owner power?
Alchemist
#4 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 9:43 AM
Back up your game, try it and see!

Oh, and let us all know how it works.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:32 AM
I don't think that would work because sims have to be on the lot once it's purchased in order to make any changes to it. And the apartmentbase cheat will not work if sims are living on the lot.

Unfortunately there's just no way to make an apartment ownable by a playable sim.
Site Helper
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:04 PM
Can an apartment deed be sold in a real estate office to someone who lives in the apartment?

Or do they even have deeds like that?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook