Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:56 PM
Why is this forum called lies and propaganda?
Seems to me it should be called Sims 3 or something. I did not know Sims 3 info was here because of the heading. Now I know. :einstein
Advertisement
#2 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluebonn
Seems to me it should be called Sims 3 or something. I did not know Sims 3 info was here because of the heading. Now I know. :einstein

It's under the big blue heading that says Sims 3
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 8:27 PM
It's called Lies and Propaganda as a joke. The Sims 2 we received in the end was very different to a lot of the promotional assets we were provided with leading up to it's release.
#4 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:45 PM
Yep. The first two official trailers we got for TS2 weren't even made with the game so the videos were just lies. The sims looked way different and there were lots of interactions in the videos that never made it in the game. Really, it was like an entirely different game. Here's the links to watch them:

Trailer 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-16Id4SEe1I

Trailer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:53 PM
Wow! I didn't knew the first trailer you linked to. Totally amazing! Beside the music...
Who knew they wanted to make a Fame aspiration instead of Title.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:05 PM
I remember both of those videos. I can't believe EA completely lied to us. That was really low, getting us hyped up for a game that was nothing like what was shown.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:10 PM
EA did not completely lie to us. I saw a t-shirt, which came with the base game:laugh:

Ah, I know. A bad one...
#8 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:14 PM
Maxis were quite obsessed with boobs, weren't they?

Still - the trailers may not have been ingame footage, but then - a lot of trailers are not. They were trying to show you the sorts of things you could achieve with the game, not the actions within the game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:18 PM
Wow, I didn't see any interactions except kissing and cuddling that we know of. And I want a fame aperation!

It seems like EA completely lied to us with those videos, because like happycowlover said, the game is nothing like shown.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:22 PM
lol the tear your shirt off interaction would have been funny!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:28 PM
It actually comes from the fact that JM Pescado over at MATY called all expansiton packs this before he had it in his hands. The reason that he called it that is probably what was said here but "Lies and Propaganda" comes from JMP.

um... yeah...
#12 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:32 PM
Wow, I'd never seen those old trailers before. I wish we could have had the interactions to hit things (and other sims) with bats and swing on the ceeling fans :D

But other than that I'm glad they gave us the sims they did. It has served us well, I think.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:35 PM
the boobs were big in those vids and the jiggled there small and motionless in the real
sims2
NOT PERV JUST OBSERVATIONS
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hhack
the boobs were big in those vids and the jiggled there small and motionless in the real
sims2
NOT PERV JUST OBSERVATIONS

That's utterly disgusting, noticing boobs in videos, how deranged and sick. Go check yourself into an institution you freak!1

Anyways, I don't really think this is a debate oriented forum, but EA didn't lie to us at all, the only thing that was truly false was the Fame aspiration, but at that time it was just an idea. I saw outfits, hair, walls, facial features, eyes, objects and even build objects the same. The other specific objects that they used were probably Aspiration Rewards oriented objects, the spaceship for the Knowledge aspiration? How would that be a lie if we just got a different version of an Aspiration Rewards object. I don't think EA lied to us at all, and plus, I like the actual game much better than the trailers too, so it wasn't a downgrade at all. <3
#15 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:13 PM
I hope they're able to put at least some of the things from those two videos into TS3 at least. Especially the things relating to the kids. Most kids in real life are bad. I'd love to see kids hitting things with those yellow bats, swinging from the ceiling fans, climbing on the blinds and sliding down the banister. Plus, in the video, the place is a mess, like there's toys everywhere which is definitely realistic because my son does it all the time. Most kids don't just bathe on their own, clean their room and do their homework without being nagged by their parents to do it. So I think throwing in some behavior problems with some of the kids would add tons of realism to the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 2:38 PM
I agree ShortyBoo. Kids in TS2 are unrealistically responsible, behaved, and well-mannered, even the ones with low Nice points. I think the only sims who should be disruptive in TS3 are the ones who have certain character traits, like Evil, Childish, or Rude.

When I think about it, I kinda like that they behave like mini-adults; I wouldn't want to deal with a bratty child in real life so why would I want to deal with a bratty sim? LOL

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#17 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:32 PM
Yeah, HCL, I think the character traits will fix the mini-adult thing. Some sims will still be well behaved, like a handful of kids in real life, and another handful will be little devils. The majority will probably be like your average child, bad sometimes and good sometimes.

That will probably be the same with any age group, from now on. I mean not every adult is diabolical, but not every adult is the run-into-burning-house-to-save-goldfish type person either.
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
Yep. The first two official trailers we got for TS2 weren't even made with the game so the videos were just lies. The sims looked way different and there were lots of interactions in the videos that never made it in the game. Really, it was like an entirely different game. Here's the links to watch them:

Trailer 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-16Id4SEe1I

Trailer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

I'd never seen the first one - it's great!
#19 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blake
...but EA didn't lie to us at all, the only thing that was truly false was the Fame aspiration

What about the kid who could breathe fire in the second video?

What about the fact that the sims in the video have five fingers?

Other people have already mentioned the baseball bats and the ripping off of the shirt.

I don't know that I'd say those trailers were lies, but the actual product did diverge quite a bit from what was shown. On the other hand, the trailers didn't show vampires, werewolves or plantsims--perhaps because those weren't part of the base game.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElZorro
What about the fact that the sims in the video have five fingers?

They do still have five fingers- well, four and a thumb.
#21 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
They do still have five fingers- well, four and a thumb.

Mine have a thumb, an index finger and then all the others are fused into one megafinger.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:37 PM
Then your sim/object detail is set to low in your game options. Turn it to high and your sims won't have mittenhands anymore.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 2:33 AM
Where are all the cool babies toys & furniture from that second video?

I also loved the floor tantrum the bride threw!! :D
#24 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 2:38 AM
Now I understand
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote:
Why is this forum called lies and propaganda?

BECUZ ITS FUNNY

/thread
Page 1 of 2