Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 4:29 PM
This does sound like a wicked challenge and I love the story so far, Andreacat! I've never actually done a challenge before, but this sounds like a good one to start with. Why, because I love a good challenge. =P Hehe

I had a quick question before I get around on starting this. I'm guessing you don't want us (the challenge-ees) to use boolprop and the like to fix their mood and motherlode to give the mom unlimited funds. But are we allowed to use kaching and etc to build a house and then set up the foundress with the usual amount so that she has to strive forward for a job and such?

Just wondering before I got started on this insanity!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 10:40 PM
I think part of the challenge is in building up the finances to fit up to 7 kids of various ages...

Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 12:45 AM
Hahaha, sweet. This is going to be crazy. But I have no idea when I'll start this now.. my computer is on the fritz and every time I try to play Sims, my computer crashes. =( Here's to hoping I can get it fixed and start playing again asap!
Scholar
#29 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 10:29 PM
Another update in my cheesecake family just gone up, but I'll post the bare bones here:

Youngest twins Nancy and Oliver have just grown up to toddlers. One is a redhead like mum, while the other is blonde.
Keiko got herself another promotion, so the family now have a second bathroom. That should make getting ready in the morning easier, but with a family this big, who knows?

And once I get them to children, their photos will be posted too

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 7:34 PM
Rats... I forgot about the cheats thing. Is it all right if I have used the money cheats just to build and minimally furnish the house (tub-shower combo, toilet, sink, kitchen, radio, tv, bookcase, phones, lighting, carpet, wallpaper, doors and doorways, an outside fence, a telescope, double-bed, cheap closet, alarm clock, and a (one-tile) desk and chair - the computer was the one that Mr. Humble dropped off.
Do I have to start over? I just got Maya (my Foundress) pregnant. Apparently Car-Woohoos are very effective!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 10:00 AM
I admit, I did cheat a bit in my challenge. A little bit of cheating is okay, but excessive cheating is a no-no. Motherlode would be 'illegal', unless it's on the children that have left the household.
For my own challenge, I use a hack that increases the maximum amount of occupants in the household, which makes it easier (Well, not really), and makes it flow a bit steadier.

Another update for my own challenge, is that I have deleted it, and will be starting it again sometime in the future. It's pretty much a baby challenge, and there are tons of those on the exchange, so for now I am doing a custom narrative apocalypse, as well as my legacy and my other projects.

I'm happy so many people have taken intrest to the challenge, and I hope you have fun with it!

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 10:35 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 7:54 PM.
Default The 100 Baby Challenge
The 100 Baby Challenge

Welcome to my 100 Baby Challenge rules thread. As the challenge's name itself states, the goal is to pop out 100 smackerroonies before your sim dies, etc.

There may be some questions about how to make 100 babies possible, but for now just read on.

Starting Out

Enter CAS and create an Adult Female. Her name, looks, clothes, aspiration (though Family would help a lot, try something harder, like Fortune, for a challenge), turn-on/offs, etc, are all up to you. Do NOT create any other sims or, if you have Pets, a dog or cat (if you want a cat or dog, you must either adopt a stray one or buy one at the pet shop). So this leaves you with only your Mom. Accept the family.

Now move into a lot that your mom can afford. You can either move into a premade house, or buy an empty lot and build it up from scratch. The house should have everything for Mom to survive, plus a crib, toddler training toilet, and something to make money off of (i.e. a painting easel). You can use money cheats if you can't afford the bare nessacities but you must buy only the things you need - extra stuff like toys, games, instruments, swimming pool, hot tub etc. must wait for earned income. You must also have the cheapest/second cheapest/low quality item there is (i.e. cheap bed instead of the expensive one). Once done, press Ctrl+Shift+C to open up the cheat box, and type in familyfunds [insert-family-name] 1000. Example: familyfunds Smith 1000. This will either reduce or raise your funds to 1,000 simoleans.

Finding A Daddy

You can either use townies, existing sims on different lots, or sims you created yourself (but are on a different lot) as daddies. Romance the sim, then Try For Baby. Give birth. Once the baby is old enough, send them to college (they must be 5 days away from aging into an adult, though) or once an adult move them out on their own. Repeat. Soon, the town will be filled with your evil minio- I mean offspring!

Other Rules
-Play with aging off, this prevents mom from becoming an elder and unable to reproduce.
-Babies can grow up in 3 sim days while in a good mood.
-Toddlers can grow up once all their toddler skills are maxed (talking, walking, and potty-training) and are Friends with mom.
-Children can grow up once they get an A+ in school, be level 5 in at least 1 skill and be Best Friends with at least 1 sim (not including family)
-Teenagers can age up once they are an Overachiever (A+ in school and top of their teen jobs), max out at least 1 skill, is at least Friends with everyone in the family and Best Friends with at least 1 other sim. If you have Uni and want to send them to college, they must also have at least 3 scholarships.
-Mom cannot get a job (too much maternity leave), she must do something else for a living.
-Mom cannot hire any extra help (maid, butler, gardener, repairman)
-No Matchmaker!
-The kids have to go to school, education is good
-If any child gets taken away by the Social Worker, you fail the challenge.
-Each father must be different
-No cheats! You can have 2 maxmotives throughout the whole challenge, however. (Don't waste 'em!)
-Mom cannot marry any of the fathers until she completes the challenge.
-If you have Open For Business, you can have a home business, but you cannot buy land and have a community lot business.

Questions & Answers

Q: If aging is off then how do I age up the kids?
A: 1. Buy a birthday cake. 2. Turn aging back on (you should have had aging off). 3. Use boolprop to trigger the child's birthday. 4. Blow out candles 5. Turn aging back off.

Q: Can mom and kids be another life state?
A: Yes, as long as you don't cheat to become that life state and you can still reproduce. Same applies to babies, only they don't have to reproduce.

If you have any other questions then leave them, I'll edit the first post with the questions.

Good luck on the challenge, I hope you have as much fun playing it as I did creating it.

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 1:31 PM
This sounds challenging, but I'm afraid my computer will explode if I ever tried to load a family tree with 100 children... LOL I may try it though.

Also how do I know when the baby is in a good mood? Should I select them with boolprop and if their motives are all good then they can grow up?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selfmadequeen
This sounds challenging, but I'm afraid my computer will explode if I ever tried to load a family tree with 100 children... LOL I may try it though.

Also how do I know when the baby is in a good mood? Should I select them with boolprop and if their motives are all good then they can grow up?

The kid is in a good mood when their Plumbobs (thing above their heads) are yellow, green, or white. If it's red or orange, they grow up bad.

How come Mario can smash through bricks, but he dies when he touches a freaking turtle..?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 8:46 PM
Babies don't have plumbobs because they aren't controllable. In order to know when a baby is in a good mood, you will have to use a cheat.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Babies don't have plumbobs because they aren't controllable. In order to know when a baby is in a good mood, you will have to use a cheat.

Well, you can check their backgrounds in the family portrait selection, which is the same color as their current mood if they had a Plumbob.

Instructor
#37 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 12:30 AM
Their portrait color actually indicates the state of their needs, which is not the same thing as mood.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 12:52 AM
Yeah; my babies are always green until they need a diaper change! I suppose if they were ever left without a bottle long enough they'd go yellow, but even if I zone on feeding them, at some point some adult or teen sim on the lot will autonomously feel like feeding the baby.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 3:31 PM
Bump

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 6:40 AM
Hey guys. Been months but I've started it. Here's some pics!

Mommy Heaven Bay-Bee. I don't have much better pics of her but here she is with baby #1 Starr Bay-Bee.

Feeding Starr. This pic is so adorable ... :lovestruc

The father of Starr is Benjamin Long.

I made Heaven take up painting. She's still a starving artist but hopefully more simoleans will come rolling in the better she gets.

Amin Sims will be the father of Baby 2.

Gettin' to work!

A thank-you hug for participating in the challenge.

Blehhh!!

Birthday time for Starr!

What a cutie ... <3

More pictures to come, would love to see anyone else's!

Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:25 AM
I've already started but I made a mistake, I accidentally called the repairman. Do i have to start again ?
It's really hard with the fortune aspiration, they are always crying.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 5:30 PM
This one sounded so difficult that I had to try it. This my progress so far:

Meet Ameris

Ameris has just used most of her funds to purchase a modest home in Celestia Beach. Because she is a family sim, Ameris wants to have as many children as possible. Can Ameris rise to challenge and have 100 babies? Will she be able to survive starting out with only 1000 simoleans?

Ameris builds a relationship with daddy # 1 Trent.

When Ameris's Neighbor Trent Thomson knocked on the door to introduce himself, she felt an immediate chemistry. They started out talking and joking around and ended up kissing and making out. Ameris has already chosen him to be the father of her first baby.

Ameris works as a DJ

Ameris goes to the hub to earn money as a DJ. While at the DJ Booth she spots Benjamin Long admiring her. Could he be the father of baby #2?

Ameris is pregnant with baby number 1.

Ameris and Trent decided to try for baby. Ameris has just entered her second trimester. She is looking forward to her first child.

Ameris first baby, Agrias is born!

One down, 99 to go!
Scholar
#43 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 8:23 AM
I would love to try this challenge but with out a job, eh, money would be to tight. Now if I could cheat and raise needs durning a X period of paint time that would be fine but painting doesn't bring in much money. And with all the eps I have that's all I have to raise money, that and star gazing.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 3:35 AM Last edited by MimiSim : 15th Nov 2011 at 3:40 AM. Reason: fixed image location
Update
Since my last update, Ameris has had 7 more babies.

Baby #2 Bella by Troy Go

Baby #3 Cidolfus by Gordon Danaher

Twin Babies #4 & 5 Dulcinea and Electra by Benjamin Long (Also in picture: Agrias)

Baby Flynn by William Williamson

Baby Gavin by Toby Otaku (Also in picture Electra and Cidolfus)

Baby Helena by Mitch Wolosenko (Also in picture: Dulcinea and Electra)

I think by the end of this challenge Ameris will have probably woohoo'd with every man in my town.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 12:17 PM
I'm going to start it soon.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheKirbster1o
I'm going to start it soon.

I'm having fun with it. I'm on baby #34 and still have a long way to go.

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 4:43 AM
Ohh, sounds fun. i'm definately going to have to try it. Going to be hard though! xD
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 5:24 AM
Lol, this is like 101 Dalmatians except worse. I can't get familyfunds to work for me, though- how do you get it to work?

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight_frog
Lol, this is like 101 Dalmatians except worse. I can't get familyfunds to work for me, though- how do you get it to work?

You have be in neighborhood view to get it to work. It won't work if you type it when you are in your sims' house.

While in neighborhood view, open the cheat window and type
familyFunds familyname amount

For example, if I want the Oaks family to only have 1000 simoleons, I would type:
familyFunds Oaks 1000

Also, the cheat only works if your family is in the sim bin. If they are already in a house,
you'll have to move them out to get it to work.

I hope this helps.

My simstagram =(^_^)=
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 4:19 PM
Oh, no wonder it didn't work for me- I already had my sims in their lots when I tried to use familyfunds. Thanks!

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Page 2 of 4