Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 4:56 PM
Do You...
One of the things I really enjoy about this board is learning about the different ways that people play and the things that people like and don't like about the game. So I wrote a few questions -out of curiousity- asking what people do or don't do and since I think its a bit rude to ask questions I haven't answered I put down what I do too.

Do you let men get pregnant or is that just too weird? Or did you build a custom neighborhood that was entirely male with only male offspring?

-Male pregnancy is funny to me so from time to time there are alien births in my game, but I don't use the pregnancy for all genders and the all male hood is a bit too much for me.

Do you make romance sims get married and suffer a faithful marriage? Or do you chase down those twenty woohoos with all the passion you can muster? Or do you make them get married and let them cheat horribly cuckholding their poor clueless spouse all over the neighborhood?

-All of the above.

Did you ever let a family sim have ten kids?

-Not yet.

Did you ever let your knowledge sims meet/become vampires,werewolves,plants,aliens etc...?

-Vamires,aliens and witches are as far as I've gotten thus far.

Do your CAS sims escape life w/o reproducing or is marriage and children the only true source of happiness in your game?

-While family isn't the only source of true happiness in my game all of my sims end up reproducing for one reason or another. Sometimes its just because I want to preserve their fine DNA other times its becase they get seduced by a very active family sim that I can't let them to say no to.

What do you do with you game? What do you always do? What do you never do? And what do you keep meaning to do that just hasn't happened yet?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 5:07 PM
Do you let men get pregnant or is that just too weird? Or did you build a custom neighborhood that was entirely male with only male offspring?
-I have one male pregnancy from an alien.
And the child is a female and has a relation ship with another female. They both got a child, too. :D

Do you make romance sims get married and suffer a faithful marriage? Or do you chase down those twenty woohoos with all the passion you can muster?
-All my male love sims have 20 woohoos as life-dream and make them come true, but only one sim after another, never different relationships at the same time.
Female romantic sims mostly have secret afairs. :D

Did you ever let a family sim have ten kids?- Yes, my main character sim has 11 children and a bunch of grandchildren. It´s a huge family.

Did you ever let your knowledge sims meet/become vampires,werewolves,plants,aliens etc...?-Only vamires,aliens and witches.

Do your CAS sims escape life w/o reproducing or is marriage and children the only true source of happiness in your game? -"While family isn't the only source of true happiness in my game all of my sims end up reproducing for one reason or another." - Same here!

What do you do with you game? What do you always do? What do you never do? And what do you keep meaning to do that just hasn't happened yet?I try to make as many families out of one family as I can. And every family should have a different experience!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren

Do you make romance sims get married and suffer a faithful marriage? Or do you chase down those twenty woohoos with all the passion you can muster? Or do you make them get married and let them cheat horribly cuckholding their poor clueless spouse all over the neighborhood?

Did you ever let your knowledge sims meet/become vampires,werewolves,plants,aliens etc...?

Do your CAS sims escape life w/o reproducing or is marriage and children the only true source of happiness in your game?

What do you do with you game? What do you always do? What do you never do? And what do you keep meaning to do that just hasn't happened yet?

If a male gets abducted yippee! But no same sex pregnancy mods or anything. If my homosexual sims want kiddies they adopt kids.

I have very few romance sims in my game, only one cas romancer and he will change that aspiration once he stops being homeless he is only a sl*t out of necessity.

10 babies I have to force them to look after no way, 4 is the most in my current hood and that's between a fortune/knowledge couple she was desperately trying for a girl but no joy 4 handsome boys. Incidentally this female sim has done nothing I planned for her, she fell in love with Benny Factor who was supposed to be a pseudo townie bank type person and she pined so much for him I let her have him. She actually ended up my favourite.

I have plant sims but no witches in this hood yet as they would have to be shipped off to my SSAAPP (Sims Supernatural and Alien Protection Project) subhood. I have previously had witches and first time I played first day out my sim got bitten turned into a vampire and died shortly thereafter.

Not all my sims marry or reproduce Estrella and Junior are a power couple in my alien subhood no kiddies just high flying careers, hols, glamourous dinner parties and parties. Mhairi Murphy was destined to marry one of my sims but she was rather scummy to his alien toddlers so he married a servo instead (btw this was the boring male sim I threatened with a satellite to the head if he didn't get more interesting pdq) and Mhairi now an elder is currently being duped by the homeless man tart.

I dont think there is anything I always do with my game although I have a tendency to make perfect little happy families need a bit controversy at the mo. I never kill sims who are parents to toddlers or kids no matter how annoying they are, I have never killed a sim for merely being ugly nor will I ever. I have never killed any child sim or teen.

What do I keep meaning to do well for a while there I was obsessed with getting a plant sim I have a couple now and I am over it. I will just need to wait for my next obsession.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 5:38 PM

-YES! YES YES YES! I love having my males get pregnant in my game, especially because I often make characters from my favorite anime and pair them up...then they have kids, using a pregnancy for all genders hack. 8D I was really disappointed when they took that out in Sims 3, but this isn't a discussion on Sims 3. XD
I've never gone as far as an only-male neighborhood, though.

-Well, I personally dislike romance Sims, so I rarely have romance Sims in my 'hoods. When I do make romance Sims, it's really only for the challenge of having them them woohoo with as many people as possible, just to see how many they can do.

-Yes, actually. I love family Sims, and the most kids I've had one Sim couple have was about twenty.

-Once in a while...I don't usually mess with the other life states, for some reason. :/

-Heh, unfortunately my Sims are stuck in a rut of getting married and having dozens of children.

-Well, I don't really do that much other than have my Sims have kids and rise to the top of their careers...I guess I should probably spice things up a bit. XD
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 6:19 PM
I've done this before..it's not "too weird", but it is different. No to the second part. I like having women in the mix.

I make my romance sims married or single. Sometimes they get an unbearable passion for one particular sim and then they get married. 20 woohoos is too much for them to particpate in. The only one who's ever gotten that many has got to be Don Lothario, but he's the master of it. :p. Some romance sims get married and cheat on their spouses when they're not looking. It's been known to break up a few "solid" marriages.

No. The only family that has near 10 kids is the Orphanage. There's 9 children in that and believe me, it's enough.

No. If they want to become one of the above, they do it by themselves.

No..they like having the babies. They're into unprotected sex all the time.

I create entire neighborhoods with various nutcases all over the place. They all go beserk, to work, woohoo and have fights on a fairly regular basis.
I haven't made a completely boring neighborhood, and it's the last thing I ever want. :p
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 8:19 PM
Nope, that just doesn't float my boat.

Do you make romance sims get married and suffer a faithful marriage? ..etc
With one of my favorite romance aspiration male sims (who also happens to be one of the most desirable in the hood judging by female sims' reactions to him), I made him a "player" until he partnered his favorite lady and had babies with her. She was a pleasure sim but a Virgo and very neat/fussy and I never thought they'd hit it off and certainly never intended on pairing them up, but that became one of the sweetest romances in my hood. I think I looked at him a bit differently to other romance sims in my hood because he was the son of my original legacy couple, and had seen him grow since childhood.

Other romance sims I just created from scratch as adults with the prime purpose of romancing as many other sims as possible, and I had a real laugh with most of them.

Yes, my original legacy couple - they had 13 (but I'd used age cheats on them to keep them young). In retrospect I wish I'd kept it to about 6 kids max as many of the kids turned out with almost identical personality traits. Nowadays I rarely go beyond 4 kids with any one family. It's just too many sims to deal with in the long run when they all grow up.

No, although one became a plant sim by accident as he maxxed on the nature interest by growing veg etc. I freaked out as he was a good-looking sim and seeing him all green and yukky was too much for me . I had him change back asap.
I don't play the supernatural aspects of the game. Not my style.

Depends on their personality. To spice up my game I created some sims which I never planned on having kids. Generally I like my sims to have kids if they've fulfilled a lot of their wants already, but it's no big deal if they don't.

I like to develop the hood's community feel so most of my sims all know one another in some shape or form. I love that part of the game. I always do businesses with my favourite sims, I used to always send my young sims to university but I don't do it with all of them nowadays, sometimes I like them to learn from the "university of life". I always have them develop their hobby interests and attend hobby clubs I specially made for my hood which is a big part of my game.
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:14 PM
I've only done it once when my male sim got abducted and preggers. I wouldnt do it for normal babies though ;o

Do you make romance sims get married and suffer a faithful marriage?
Yea lol I like getting my sims married and have children, even if they are romantic. Not sure of all of the marriages are faithful xD

Nope, never tried having more than 8 sims on a lot. I know you can move some out but I never tried. Most I had was 7 i think.

I dont like playin the supernatural creatures, but the one sim I mentioned earlier that was preggered with an alien baby was a knowledge sim. I've tried plantsim long ago but dont think she was a knowledge sim ;o

Mostly I like them to have children, but I also add a few very unique characters in my hood that I dont play just to make the town more interesting.

I always have families with kids and the generation moves on. I never play with supernatural creatures or play with hoods that the game came with. I've wanted to make a grocery market that also sells fish and fresh produces, but have not made a sim to do that yet xD
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:29 PM

I have quite a few half aliens in my hoods, but I don't use a mod to allow same-sex pregnancy - if my gay/lesbian/bisexual but happen to be settled with someone of the same sex couples want kids they adopt, or use a "sperm donor" or a surrogate.

It varies! Some of them get married and stay faithful, some get married and cheat and some woohoo as many sims as possible. I even had a romance sim that died of old age without ever woohooing - poor man!

Nope. I am playing the "Can't Wait To Be An Elder" challenge though (on and off), my sim for that may end up with 10 if she has twins/triplets at some point....

Yes. Not just knowledge sims, though. I have had all the supernaturals in my game at some point, though I cheated to get the werewolf! I like aliens (half aliens, really) and plantsims best out of the supernaturals. And servos.

Most of my sims have kids, so that the game continues down the generations. Nowhere near all of them get married though.

Like I said, my sims normally have kids, and they often reach the top of their careers. Or become stay-at-home parents with 100/100 relationships with all their kids. I have yet to get all the vacation memories (not that there's much point, I'd just like to have one sim that's managed it!) or run a successful restaurant. I didn't used to run businesses much, but I discovered that it's kind of fun, so I do it more now. I am now playing in a couple of multiplayer neighbourhoods, which is a lot of fun, I'd like to do more of that in future.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 9:42 PM
I don't currently have the same sex pregnancy mod so my same-sex couples adopt, but alien abductions are known to have occurred... I've never tried an all-male neighbhorhood. I think I'd miss getting to use my custom female hairs too much. I don't have nearly as much male hair.

Most of the time I let them do what they want. If they want to woohoo, they can; if they roll the want to marry, they do; and if they decide to cheat afterwards then so be it! I love it when sims create their own drama.

I haven't yet, mostly because I don't want a single family dominating the entire 'hood... but it may be worth a try.

I've done vampires, plantsims, and aliens. Haven't tried werewolf yet but they look cool!

The majority of them reproduce eventually but like you said, it's not the only true source of happiness in the game. I like to follow other storylines/challenges as well.

I can't play the game if I don't have some sort of storyline. I try to follow of the sim's wants so the storyline constantly changes but it gives the game some substance, for me at least. One thing I've wanted to do is create a custom neighborhood and build all the lots myself. I've started to do this but I think I'm just too impatient! I'd also like to start a legacy (and maybe let them have 10 kids), using others' sims as townies.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 10:02 PM
Do you let men get pregnant or is that just too weird? Or did you build a custom neighborhood that was entirely male with only male offspring? -No. Its not normal.

Do you make romance sims get married and suffer a faithful marriage? Or do you chase down those twenty woohoos with all the passion you can muster? Or do you make them get married and let them cheat horribly cuckholding their poor clueless spouse all over the neighborhood? - I rarely play romance sims.

Did you ever let a family sim have ten kids? I only have gotten up to six.

Did you ever let your knowledge sims meet/become vampires,werewolves,plants,aliens etc...? - Nope because I don't like the supernatraul part of the game. I do like vampire books though.

No. Marriage and babies!

family sim marries knowledge/fortune sim and have kids and kids go to college. Play to Generation 5!

true love is sim love.

twitter - sequoiaaaa_
tumblr - thefavoritelove
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 10:08 PM

I adore aliens and like to have a lot of them around, but I have a hack that allows for female alien pregnancy, too, so it isn't just the men who spawn them. I do think pregnant men are strangely cute, however, and I love the cinematic when they give birth. I don't think I'd be interested in an all-male neighborhood, but I don't think I'd mind an all-alien neighborhood... Hmmmmm....

It depends. I'm totally into random chance deciding pretty much everything in a given Sim's life, including whether or not they'll marry. I do try to follow my Sims' wants, though, without having a master plan for them, so if I have a Romance Sim who ends up married but he/she rolls wants to do cheaty things, then they usually get their way. Damn them.

*laughs* Not just Family Sims... I think my Sim who had the most kids was a vampire alien spawner I had once. He just kept popping 'em out every few days. I think he had like 35 alien kids by the time I stopped playing that 'hood. I've often wondered how many he might have had, if I hadn't stopped playing that 'hood...

But yeah, I've had Family sims who've had 10 kids. It's not too hard for me to achieve since I monkeyed a bit with the length of various life stages, so that the adult life span is 45 days instead of 29. And I move kids out of houses pretty quickly (Once a teen is a teen for 5 days, they're outta there!), so for me 10 or even 20 kids is not that big of a deal.

Not just Knowledge Sims! Part of the random way I play is to randomly sic supernaturalness on CAS Sims. My current neighborhood has...a lot of them, at least one of every kind. Except witches, since I don't have AL.

My favorites are PlantSims, though. They're not immortal so they don't end up boring me, but their lack of needs makes them fun and relaxing to play.

It all depends on die rolls, baby. And sometimes on Risky Woohoo. Most seeem to end up with kids, if not married, but I've had a fair few die single and childless, too.

Ooops, missed one!

I always create neighborhoods from scratch, starting with a blank template and a few families. Then they take it from there. I always have one Sim own a salon, so that I can slowly work on making over the townies. I also have a Sim own a clothing store so I can change townie clothing. (Yes, I know there are other ways to do this. I just like doing it this way. )

I'm pretty much open to trying anything once in the game. Sometimes I've stumbled upon fun things that way. Like playing polygamists with gigantic families who all run a huge family farm. Weird, but I like it. About the only thing I never do is have a Pleasure Sim. I have banninated that aspiration from my game.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#12 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 10:22 PM
Oh yes. Male Pregnancy is hilarious! Not gone to that extreme, but when I was a noobie at the game and CC I made an entirely new 'hood made from Alien-spawn.. They all Inter-mingled eventually. (Which *is* a little too weird!)

Depends who the Sim is. Sometimes I let them have fun in their Teen / Early Adulthood years, and then when they find someone for a Spouse I change their Aspiration! *Laughs*

No, I haven't. I haven't done a lot of Lifetime Ambitions, actually.

YES. All the time. Even if they aren't Knowledge sims they're still open for the changing. *Muwhahahaaa*

I find it really hard to find fulfilment in other sims, so sometimes I do end up having them spawn children a lot.. I probably should do something else!

I do very little, to be honest. Mainly make sims, and don't do a lot of playing. I need to get back into the habit of making new sims and playing different ideas with them.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 10:40 PM

Well, actually, I just had my first gay couple have a baby (using the Blender). This is an exception though, they are my only gay couple and I love them to bits. They're both so great that I wanted them to have a baby with both guy's genetics.

I don't do alien abductions, or any other supernatural etc. stuff. This gay pregnancy was the first "not normal" thing I've ever had in my game.

I don't have any romance sims. I have one with romance as secondary aspiration (my self sim, actually ); she's happily married and has kids. Her husband is a horny bugger and keeps her very busy.

Nope, because I don't have any family sims... but I do have a couple of Pleasure sims with around 10 kids. Not with the same partner, though.

Never had any supernaturals in my game. I like my game as realistic as possible.
And I have a grand total of 4 Knowledge sims in my hood. (and 5 Popularity, and around 200 Pleasure )

Well, ACR and free will takes care of that for me, I never choose anything "important" for my sims. They make their own decisions. Though I do I have two male sims (brothers) who have "told me" that they don't want kids, so I don't let their girlfriends try for baby (every time their girlfriends were pregnant the guys showed a crossed-over pacifier in their thought bubbles, and looked at me like "NO"!!)... so I terminated the pregnancies with the Blender. Freaky, but of course I let them have their way. One of the girlfriends has two kids with another man now.

I don't see marriage and kids as "the only true source of happiness" IRL, so I expect no frantic breeding in my game either.

Nobody has ever died.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 11:18 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 24th Oct 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Male pregnancy via alien probing, yes. But I don't use any mods or cheats for non-alien male pregnancy, nor do I use any hacks (or the "summon aliens" reward) to make the alien pregnancies happen. I prefer the random slim odds coded in the game.

I once tried to fulfill Don Lothario's 20 Lovers want in a megahood, but mostly I consider that kind of promiscuity to be pollution in the game. It messes up the wants and social lives of the romancees. Sometimes my romance Sims get married and stay faithful to their spouses and turn out to be very autonomously affectionate couples (and this is a game without ACR!). Sometimes my romance Sims get married and have an affair and get divorced (and usually repartnered, since I have to play every Sim through to their death and single-Sim households are meh to me).

My game logistics would never allow it. I don't have any mods to lift the 8-Sim limit on a lot, and my teens don't go off to Uni until they are 4 days from adulthood. Thank heavens this is a wacky temporary want and not a LTW.

* My elves and their offspring (who are all assigned Knowledge as a primary aspiration) become witches. Otherwise, if a "normal" Sim is in my control, I don't have them greet witches on community lots. Unfortunately, the uncontrollables do greet her, so I just avoid building the relationship any further when I play them.
* I have yet to use the summon aliens interaction for knowledge Sims, but if a Sim rolled the want, I probably would...especially if the Sim wasn't a male of child-bearing age. No harm, no foul.
* I have a bloodthirsty grand vamp and I usually cure his victims.

My CAS Sims are all starter stock for Prosperity, ISBI, or War challenges. They exist to procreate. What happens to their children can be slightly more varied, but all my games are multi-generational, so someone has to reproduce.

I always use default replacement skintones and eyes. I always play with aging on. I always look for ways to introduce risk and randomness. I never cheat to make things easier. I never take posed pictures. I never create Sims just to create Sims or build just to build. I keep meaning to do a BACC and play the megahood through 'til all the original characters have passed, but I'm afraid that will not happen until my Prosperity hood becomes corrupted and unplayable.
Inventor
#15 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 4:27 AM
I have the "Pregnancy for All Genders" hack, so my boys get knocked up all the time. Never done the single-gender hood thing though, I just like variety too much.

I guess I've done all of the above, but I usually tend to let or even sometimes encourage (depending on the sim) them to be skeezy. Some romance sims can be faithful, sure, but most seem to just want to sleep around, so I let them-less broken marriages that way.

Hell no! Even if it's just in a game, I hate the idea of someone popping out that many kids. Even in big families, I draw the line at eight (born-in the family) kids. The only way a family ever ends up with that many kids is if they adopt them, if they're running an orphanage or foster home, or if I'm doing something like the Adam and Eve challenge (which I still have yet to do). And even then, the only couple that would have ten would be the first gen. or so.

I usually make a decent amount of supernaturals, of all types of aspirations. I have yet to make someone a supernatural because they rolled a want for it, however.

It honestly depends on the hood. Mostly I tend to let the sims decide their fates (that and risky woohoo ).

I usually have plans to develop a mostly self-sufficient hood; ie, make a family that does a lot of gardening, which provides the hood with fresh produce, a fortune sim who owns several businesses and shops, all of which fulfill a need (clothes store, restaurants, etc), but I sometimes have trouble getting them off the ground, due to the fact that my game has been prone to hood/game explosions in the past. Luckily I'm a lot wiser now, and more dilligent about backing up my game, so maybe I can finally finish the massive tasks I usually envision for myself.
Instructor
#16 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 12:11 PM

Never had a pregnant male in the game and I don't really intend to. It does feel a bit weird to me, especially since I kind of tend to go with realism (although I've been warming up to aliens recently).

Some of my romance sims pursue many lovers but some of them are in monogamous relationships/marriages. They're not suffering though, they just like to woohoo and make out a lot so they're usually happy. One of my romance sims impregnated the neighbor, and I still don't know whether to forever keep it a secret or have his wife find out. Hmm.

No, totally not my thing. More than three kids is waaaay too much for me. I usually have just one or two.

Not really. Don't know whether I will in the future though.

Most of them do have kids, but I have some gay sims which won't reproduce but will get married. Also a few independent loners and playboys who don't want kids.

I always have the kids be straight A students. I always try to make every house have a different interior atmosphere and each sim to feel unique. I never use influence points or career/aspiration rewards. I plan on having some sims die and putting them on a community graveyard but I just can't get myself to do it. So far, everyone in my current hood is alive.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 12:34 PM Last edited by Aegagropilon : 25th Oct 2010 at 12:49 PM.
Thanks to the Tombstone of L & D, my same-sex couples both male and female are able to form babby right along with the het couples and the abductees :3

I don't have many romance sims, but I let them run wild and free... as long as their conquests are single.

Oh god no D:

Considering that most of the current children in my Strangetown are green (or some other unnatural color)....

I've tried. There's been some that I intended to remain single. Then the welcome wagon arrives and I find out that the sim evidently didn't share in my intentions.
I do have some childfree sims and single sims in my game, though.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 1:42 PM

I allow same sex pregnancies (along with both gender alien pregnancy -- why should it only be the males who have the fun of an alien kid? :P) with the exception of a story-based 'hood where someone has to a) discover how a male can become and stay pregnant, and b) how to mix genes from two same sex people.

A bit of both. One Romance sim I had, his wife-to-be was a townie and I needed her moved in/married in to keep them the same age. Most playable Romance sims tend to play the field as teens/young adults and then settle down as adults once they've accomplished their LTW.

Not yet, but one household in my BACC is going to have ten kids because I need the population boost. I have a mod which allows for larger households, but I suspect a couple of their eldest kids will have moved out by the time the youngest are born.

Yes, although aside from alien abductions they're story-necessary.

I wouldn't say children are the only source of happiness, but I love seeing how sim genetics get passed down, so everyone tends to have at least one child. With my Prosperity 'hood I'm starting to get a rather large household number and am looking to prune it down by disallowing some sims to breed.

I have my sims live their lives, do well at their jobs, find a good partner, have a few kids, and die. I've never had zombies or vampires beyond general curiosity, and witches and aliens are my most commonly played supernaturals.

I don't think there's anything I've been meaning to do that hasn't happened.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Theorist
#19 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 2:07 PM

Heh, I don't like the whole pregnancy concept. I don't even let my females be pregnant.

I rarely create Romace Sims, but I have one female romance Sim who is in college and spends most of the time searching for possible WooHoo partner (I make her WooHoo with almost everyone she gets acquainted with- except University Professors, of course)

No way. Not planning to do so either. Even 2 children with 2 parents are more than enough for me

Not yet.

I don't think I even have ever made any of my Sim get married and/or have children naturally. Everything is done in CAS.

Always do:
Turn of aging, use CC for almost every part of my Sim

Never do:
Made any Sim of mine grow to elders

And what do you keep meaning to do that just hasn't happened yet?
Change life states
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 6:11 PM
Do you let men get pregnant or is that just too weird?

Normally I don't -- it's one of those things that just oogs me for some reason -- but I did knock up one dude because his boyfriend had great genes, and it was worth it for the adorable birth cinematic. :3

Quote:
Do you make romance sims get married and suffer a faithful marriage? Or do you chase down those twenty woohoos with all the passion you can muster?

I find building relationships to the point of woohoo really tedious, especially when they're just gonna dump the person afterward, so usually I make them suck it up and make do with their SOs. :P

Quote:

Oh god. The horror...

Quote:

I keep meaning to make a vampire some day, just to say I did.
Scholar
#21 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 7:04 PM
Do you let men get pregnant or is that just too weird? Or did you build a custom neighborhood that was entirely male with only male offspring.

LOL...can't say I've ever even thought of it...however, I have many men who have been abducted and had alien babies. It's amazing some of the ideas one can get from these boards .

I've done all of that, plus I've had a couple of them who have married and been thrown out by their betrayed spouses, only to get married and thrown out several times in their lifetimes. I have one couple who are both romance sims and have an open marriage.

My Orlando Bloom sim and his wife have 11 kids...does that count?

I have one knowledge sim who has been abducted, turned into a vampire (and cured) and turned into a werewolf (and cured). I'm currently working on turning him into the jolly green giant (plantsim heheh)

I play alot of vanilla well-adjusted families, mainly because I lived in such a dysfunctional situation when I was growing up, but I do have sims who mix it up because their aspirations aren't compatible with the "leave it to Beaver" concept.

-What do you do with you game? What do you always do? What do you never do? And what do you keep meaning to do that just hasn't happened yet?

I use my game for shameless escapism...it's my own fantasy world where everything is the way I think it should be, but I also have neighborhoods that appeal to my weird imagination (such as my "old horror movie" neighborhood, where I play out old horror movies). I'm pretty open-ended in my play, so I can't say there's anything I can think of that I would never do. I do keep meaning to put the characters from the TV show Supernatural into my old horror movie neighborhood, but haven't gotten around to it because I can't find them anywhere and haven't had time to spend several hours to make them yet.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 8:37 PM

I once played a premade male sim who got alien-pregnant... But that's as far as my adventures in male pregnancy have gone =P

I rarely play with romance sims. I played Don Lothario one day, because I got bored and was curious about romance sims, but I have a tendency to get quite attached to my sims, especially the ones born in-game, so I don't like seeing their marriages break up! =)

Yep!! I just got bored one day, and decided to try and fulfill that want, just to see if I could ;D It took quite a few sips of that Elixir of Life for the parents (I didn't know age-cheats back then), and several remodels of the family's house, but I managed it! =) They became one of my favorite families! But then my game started having issues, and I had to reinstall Pets, and though I thought I had everything backed up, I never got that neighborhood back =(

Meet them? Yes. Become them? Rarely...

I've had a plantsim before, just because I was curious, but that's about it. And I've STILL never met a werewolf in my game!! (And that's not for lack of trying!) I'm beginning to think they don't actually exist =P

Well, because I'm boring, most of my sims do go the traditional marriage/children route in life I love playing through generations, and seeing where all of my born-in-game sims get their traits from! That's the fun part for me =) So I like creating a wide variety of genetic traits in my 'hoods, and seeing how all the future generation sims turn out =D

Like I said, I like playing through generations! Currently, I've yet to exceed 4 generations in any of my 'hoods, due to various reasons (computer problems, game problems, started new 'hood, etc.)... But right now, a few of my 4th generation simmies are at the university, so it wont be long now before I'm on the 5th generation for the first time! =)

I've yet to have a sim die of old age in my game...

Something I've always wanted to do in my game, but haven't gotten around yet, is adopt kids in the game! Maybe in my 5th generation
Scholar
#23 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 10:54 PM
No, I've only had one man get pregnant and it was for a story.

Well, kind of. They usually have one to two affairs. The only romance sim that has to remain faithful is Goopy Gilscarbo.

Six is my limit xD

Yes, but not all knowledge sims.

How would I continue playing if they don't have kids? Just keep having CAS sims? Boring!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 11:42 PM
One of the things I really enjoy about this board is learning about the different ways that people play and the things that people like and don't like about the game. So I wrote a few questions -out of curiousity- asking what people do or don't do and since I think its a bit rude to ask questions I haven't answered I put down what I do too.

Never. In fact, since I have Inteen, before I let a teenager Summon Aliens, I made sure he was using birth control! (Don't know if that matters, but I wasn't about to chance it.) I do not like alien pregnancies, and the expensive telescope is off limits to anyone who can get knocked up by aliens.

Quote:

My Romance Sims stay faithful, even after rolling Wants for falling in love with whoever else. They can be kept happy by the occasional Public WooHoo, WooHoo in hot tub, etc. Plus they can go on dates with their spouse...sitting in the car getting it on makes them go platinum real quick.

Quote:

Not yet. After three or four I'M feeling exhausted!

Quote:

I've let them met aliens, but anything else--forget it. I like to have some semblance of normalcy!

Quote:

I like having them try to advance in their careers, but I also let them have children. The only time I play single Sims who never marry is if they're living with a married relative...the maiden aunt, that kind of thing.

What do you do with you game? What do you always do? What do you never do? And what do you keep meaning to do that just hasn't happened yet?[/QUOTE]

Basically I like watching families grow...having nice, normal families. Sure, it sounds boring, but my childhood wasn't the greatest.
Instructor
#25 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 12:11 AM
Men getting pregnant is too weird for me. And I personally don't like alien babies either. A male sim a long time ago got abducted and had an alien baby - I covered up the fact by changing genetics and family tree in SimPE and then changing the shape of the kid's eyes with the plastic surgery. 4 generations later those bug eyes still pop up and I can't stand it.

Any of it, it sorta depends on their LTW. If they got that 20 woohoo, I'll try and give it to them. That doesn't mean that they can't get married though.

Not yet, and I doubt I will. 6 is probably the highest I've gone and that's enough.

No - I don't want creatures in my normal neighborhood.

If I have gone into CAS to actually create a sim there can only be a couple reasons - I need them to build some speciality lot and then I'll kill them, or they were specially made to meet one of my born-in-game sims who is having trouble finding a mate. As for all the born-in-game sims - yeah marriage and kids is what generally happens (or death of course).
Page 1 of 2