Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 1:57 PM
Default A few gameplay questions with apartment life!
So, my boyfriend got my apartment life for V-day! Yay! That means I have all expansion packs except Pets, Mansion and Gardens, Glamor, Family Stuff Pack, and whatever other stuff pack comes with the Pet Super Pack. But, now I have a few questions!

1.) I thought the roof slope chooser game with this EP! Was I wrong? I can't access it.

2.) How do you create ceilings? I cannot figure it out...

3.) When you get a roommate in an apartment, do you have to furnish them a bedroom?

4.) This isn't just for apartment life, but: when two married sims split up, who moves out? The sim that is active or the other sim?

Thanks! =)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 2:17 PM
Roof slope comes with Mansion & Garden.

Look down in the lefthand corner of your dashboard. Along with the camera, rotation, and other controllers there's a "toggle ceiling on/off" switch.

I believe it has to be the active sim because they won't move out until you tell them so, and you have to be active to tell them so.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#3 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 5:33 PM
whoever is the one to initiate the breakup is the one to stay so yes be sure your on the sim you want to stay in that house as the active sim when breaking them up.

Roomates do need a bed doesn't really matter where as the ones i always had tended to sleep weird hours. Also when choosing a roommate try to go for ones with more neat points as it cuts down on housecleaning since they'll do alot of it and wont leave messes for you to clean up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:56 PM
Thank you so much to the both of you! =)
Banned
#5 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wendy_brune
So, my boyfriend got my apartment life for V-day! Yay! That means I have all expansion packs except Pets, Mansion and Gardens, Glamor, Family Stuff Pack, and whatever other stuff pack comes with the Pet Super Pack. But, now I have a few questions!

1.) I thought the roof slope chooser game with this EP! Was I wrong? I can't access it.

2.) How do you create ceilings? I cannot figure it out...

3.) When you get a roommate in an apartment, do you have to furnish them a bedroom?

4.) This isn't just for apartment life, but: when two married sims split up, who moves out? The sim that is active or the other sim?

Thanks! =)

1. I never used that so no idea.

2. They should be auto-created when you place floors on the store above, ether way just move the camera so that you can view the ceiling and use the floor tool...

3. No. Apparently roommates are recognised by the game just like pets, you can even use boolprop controlpets true to control your roommates.

For the fun of it, just lock all the doors in your apartment so only your sim can use them.

4. Usually the one who broke up stays, but usually I make my sims break up by killing one of them... last time I made them break up was when I had Nightlife as newest expansion.