Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 9:54 PM
Default Help with Hobby Lots
I hope someone here can help me. I installed all empty neighborhoods, like ya do. I created 30 townies with the boolprop cheat and began playing my game. I got pretty far in before i noticed that a few odd things were happening. i downloaded the Batbox and through methods I don't really understand (pushing buttons, etc.), I fixed the problems. However, when my first sim got visited by the hobby guru with the invitation to the hobby lot, I noticed that the option to visit the hobby lot was not showing up in the "where do you want to go" menu. All the lots are in the TS/Data Res file and Neighborhood package file, but they won't show up in SimPe. I uninstalled and reinstalled the empty neighborhood (F002) and still no access. I think I must have screwed something up when I was going the Batbox options to fix my other minor problems. Is that even possible? I had to uninstall/reinstall M&G right before i started this new game because of a glitch, so could that have done it? I know the empty neighborhood worked before that because I visited all the hobby lots. I hope this makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 10:25 PM
Whose empty templates are you using, if I may ask, and does the Hobby subhood appear in the list of places to visit (but no lot shows on the right side) or is there no "Hobby" subhood at all? Does the Hobby subhood show in SimPE in the drop down menu of sub-hoods?
(Wait, how do you uninstall and reinstall F002?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 1:17 AM Last edited by cjvandever : 11th Sep 2015 at 1:17 AM. Reason: spelling
I used Jawusa's stealth hood templates for E002 and F002, which just require the dowload and installation of the whole folder. I took the one I had originally installed out, in case of corruption and reinstalled a new folder from Jawusa. There is no hobby subhood at all. Nothing shows up in the drop down menu in SimPE for the Hobby subhood. When I load neighborhoods that I don't play, like Pleasantview, it does not load Hobbies. i don't know what's gone wrong, because it worked before.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:15 PM
You put it into the "NeighborhoodTemplate" folder and not into the "Neighborhoods" folder, or?
Otherwise, maybe you have already added my template to the neighborhood and that could be the reason why it's not adding the stealth hoods.

Open your neighborhood folder and look whether the stealth hoods are already installed or not.
If there are files like this N###_Suburb001/up to 005, then the stealth hoods are already installed into your neighborhood.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 9:51 PM Last edited by cjvandever : 12th Sep 2015 at 1:54 AM.
When I open the neighborhoods folder, I see that E001 has suburbs 1-4, F001 has suburbs1-5, N001 has suburbs 1-4 and N002 and N003 have no suburbs at all. The point I am missing is if the stealth hoods are there, why can'y i access them? I'm sorry if i seem like an idiot, but this the first time I've worked with empty neighborhoods. Thanks for your help. i"m very grateful.

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Free Time and then installed your empty neighborhood and the problem is solved!!! Thanks for all help.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#6 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 5:24 PM
I'm glad it's fixed now. You're welcome!

Also if you got an issue, feel free to PM or write your comment in the download page, then I can answer to you much faster.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr