Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 2:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Community Time Project
I've seen talk of this mod so I went looking and found the page here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7462.0 I'm guessing Free Time was as far as it was updated to. Read through the thread and it seems this hack is still working with all EP's. So I downloaded it and put it in my hack folder. I didn't see any instructions about having to place it anywhere else, and nothing about setting things on a sims pie menu or on an object, just that sims should receive a token. I thought I should just have to take a sim to a community lot, send him home and see this mod at work. I'm getting nothing. It's not doing a thing. I have a new BACC hood I thought I would try it in-so if it blows up it won't matter, it's only a week old. I sent a couple to their owned business for about a day and a half, sent them home and it was still Thursday-no time had elapsed. Tried sending just him, leaving her at home. Sent him home just after it got dark but he arrived back about 1pm when I sent him. Is there something I am missing, some way I have to give sims the token? or has it simply stopped working with M&G? I didn't see anything about mods this might clash with, but I don't have any other time related mode except for a double aging mod.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 12:37 PM
I'm having exactly the same trouble, would really appreciate if anyone has any answers!
Site Helper
#3 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:53 PM
Did you turn on debug mode in your userStartup.cheat file? It's clear that this is a requirement for the mod to work. If you don't have a userStartup.cheat, I've attached one here. Just unzip and add to your Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder.

Which version did you install? CBOY_CommunityTime_0.6_FT.zip?

Yes, many of us have used the mod with Apartment Life or Mansion and Garden without any problems.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  userStartup.zip (166 Bytes, 2155 downloads) - View custom content
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 2:46 PM
I had read others saying it had worked for them with it off and having it on was just to see error reports, so as I use boolprop cheats as little as possible it was off. I do have both a user start up cheat file and the CBOY_CommunityTime_0.6_FT.zip. Thanks Mootilda.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 2:52 PM
I did a little more testing earlier and found it worked with the taxi but not with walk-to-lot or a Sim's own car.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 2:58 PM
Ah, my sims were walking. It's a new BACC hood-so no cars or public transport. I will make an exception for this and try it tomorrow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 4:06 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Jun 2012 at 6:18 AM.
I tried a taxi and it worked! I've noticed their home lot clock is going rather slowly though, even on speed three. The sims themselves are moving quickly while the clocks ticks as if it's speed one. Is this supposed to happen? Waiting for them to sleep all night was very tedious. I could have gone and made myself a sandwich. Time seemed normal at his businesses lot. I'll try another couple on a smaller lot in case it's their lot.

Edit: It works fine with a taxi and something was wrong with that lot as it doesn't happen on other lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:20 PM
First off this thread is over 5 years old.

I use to use something that made time go by at the home lot when I sent sims downtown and such but I don't remember what it was and I took it out a very long time ago.

Are you having a problem because the HCDU program only list possible conflicts and there maybe nothing wrong with having both in at the same time.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 6:52 AM
So long as your game and mods are both working as they should, no jump bug, no glitching on using community lot time or the parking lot, then you can ignore it. I have a long list of 'conflicts'.

Please make your own thread unless you are adding something new to an old thread. For example you tested the two mods together and found a jump bug, that would be good information to have.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I've seen talk of this mod so I went looking and found the page here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7462.0 I'm guessing Free Time was as far as it was updated to. Read through the thread and it seems this hack is still working with all EP's. So I downloaded it and put it in my hack folder. I didn't see any instructions about having to place it anywhere else, and nothing about setting things on a sims pie menu or on an object, just that sims should receive a token. I thought I should just have to take a sim to a community lot, send him home and see this mod at work. I'm getting nothing. It's not doing a thing. I have a new BACC hood I thought I would try it in-so if it blows up it won't matter, it's only a week old. I sent a couple to their owned business for about a day and a half, sent them home and it was still Thursday-no time had elapsed. Tried sending just him, leaving her at home. Sent him home just after it got dark but he arrived back about 1pm when I sent him. Is there something I am missing, some way I have to give sims the token? or has it simply stopped working with M&G? I didn't see anything about mods this might clash with, but I don't have any other time related mode except for a double aging mod.

i tried the mod with the latlest version and worked pretty well
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 4:29 PM
The post you responded to was three years old. I'm pretty sure that Jo, like many of the rest of us, is now using Chris Hatch's version of the Community Time mod. This version will work with later EPs and doesn't cause problems with University campuses or Bon Voyage hotels.

https://simfileshare.net/download/1191177/