Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#76 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 11:15 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 7th Nov 2023 at 6:26 PM.
Last week I sat down to filter my screenshots of our relevant families to make it easier for myself to continue posting episodes, and oh boy is there a lot to get through. I'm a little conflicted on how to move forward with the story, I imagine any readers may have noticed the number of screenshots only increase as the story goes forward. I am not a consumer of stories myself so I do not know what the norm is, or what a person reading may want. When I play for myself, I screenshot constantly, wanting to capture every play session in detail so I can go back and relive it both for enjoyment, and to help myself get immersed again the next time that family comes up in the rotation. For example, the Sawyer family album is over four thousand screenshots as this point Lots of those are only interesting/relevant to me, but it is difficult to decide where to draw the line between keeping it consumable and still have you, the reader, immersed in the story and understanding changes that happen. One of the comments I received back then was that my Sims felt more real to the person than they are used to, and that is exactly what I am going for. I want the Sims to feel real, I want the story to feel natural and believable. A picture speaks a thousand words, the old saying goes, and we all know I am extremely long winded, so in a way I think sticking to pictures to convey the tone ends up shorter than if I tried to use text instead The point being, I hope you are willing to bear with me as the story gets heavier in terms of number of pictures I have done my best to trim it down, but I don't want to lose the nuance, so picture heavy it will be

The Sawyer family
While I imagine some are wondering how Siri and Isamu are getting on, we spent a long time away from the Sawyer family and there is much to catch up on. So today, we are once again going to stop by the trailers and check in with Sally Mae, Billy Bob and the kids.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 3rd Sep 2023 at 10:25 PM
I had a health crash in August so I haven't had enough creative juice to update here, I'd like to but I need more energy for this type of Sims doing. Temporary break I'm starting to get better so I am hoping I can post the next chapter soon. In the meantime, I thought I'd drop a picture from a play session about a month ago. It pertains to our stories, but the details will come many chapters forward. Still, it's a sweet image and it does not spoil anything so I thought it might be fun to share

Sigrid playing on a roundabout with two of the current residents of the orphanage
Screenshots

Space Pony
#78 Old 19th Sep 2023 at 8:40 PM
Finally catch up this one

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 19th Sep 2023 at 8:47 PM
I haven't been feeling well unfortunately, body getting up to no good again But today I finally feel fit to post another update, and it really is long over-due. We haven't seen Siri and Isamu since 2019

Siri & Isamu Kim-Sjöström & the Sjöströms
When we left them, Siri had recently had a visit from her mother. Tom would never have agreed, due to risk of bringing attention to and getting Siri discovered, but as you may recall from this episode, it seems that sending Siri away broke Tom's mind. He doesn't seem to know where he is, he constantly escapes Sigrids watchful eyes turning up in kids stores or the homes of families with children. He never used to show up as a walk by, or in the background on community lots, but now he somehow manages to defy the coding, inviting himself in to houses of people who does not know, to sit in their nursery.

No idea when the next post might come given health stuff getting worse again, but I will try my best

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 7th Nov 2023 at 11:25 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 21st Feb 2024 at 2:05 PM.
Life continues to get in the way, I've barely touched Sims in the last month, but I've been wanting to post another update and today I am finally finding a little bubble of calm in the chaos to sit down and get one posted. Today, we are going to check in with Stoffe.

Stoffe Andersson

I hope you have enjoyed!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 1:24 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 21st Feb 2024 at 3:56 PM.
Quick next episode for once (EDIT: Well it was when I first started writing this post, then it took a week to finish ) You've seen what Stoffe has been up to, since the divorce, but what has Vanessa been up to? Ever since she came in to view, it was as Stoffe's love interest, now she's ended that by her own choice, right before she's about to have a baby. What'll become of her now? We know the court's ruling regarding alimony, but what will Vanessa do? It's time to answer some of those questions
Vanessa van Derbirth

If anyone is reading and feels up to giving input, I'd be interested to know to what extent you want backstory/surrounding information of other households that we come across in the main story. For example, we have heard a brief excerpts about Moa Sernman's past, and in this episode we are introduced to her sister. I love talking about all my Sims, so I'd love to do a brief post sharing the main points of the stories of these side characters so the points where they overlap make sense to you as well, but I'm not sure how interesting it is to someone that is reading. Do you like the brief summaries I have done so far, is it too much, too little or just enough?

Test Subject
#82 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 1:29 AM
@gummilutt

Hi there, I made an account here yesterday and was exploring the website and found this thread/group and just wanted to say something a little interesting

I don't think your hood name is boring at all! I've been on and off calling most of my custom/empty hoods "Simsville" with an "s" for almost twenty years!

Simville! I think it's really neat that at least one other person had the same idea! Alright, take care!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 15th Feb 2024 at 11:27 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 25th Feb 2024 at 11:44 PM.
Time for another update. A lot longer passed than I would wish, I love this story and I want to finish it but health does what health wants and I've been short-stacked on energy as I usually am in winter. But here we are, once again, taking a trip to Simville and one of the families therein. And today, we are stopping back in with the Sawyers!

The Sawyer family
Reminder that this story is a little dark, and deals with topics like abuse, so although I keep it PG13 as per the site rules, if you are sensitive you may want to skip the Sawyers for now

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#84 Old 15th Feb 2024 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danbot
@gummilutt

Hi there, I made an account here yesterday and was exploring the website and found this thread/group and just wanted to say something a little interesting

I don't think your hood name is boring at all! I've been on and off calling most of my custom/empty hoods "Simsville" with an "s" for almost twenty years!

Simville! I think it's really neat that at least one other person had the same idea! Alright, take care!

Very sweet of you to come tell me that you too have a similar name for your hood I think it's probably a fairly common name, along with things like Simtown or Sim City. Easy name to come up with, and to the point descriptive. It's a little cliche, but it's what's inside the hood that matters to me, not the name

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 3:55 PM
For once, an update not too long after the last one was posted Lets check back in with Stoffe, and see how he's getting on.

Stoffe

Page 4 of 4