Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 2:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Pets DirectX9.0c error on Windows 10?
So, basically, it seems like this is a pretty common error message people are getting when trying to run TS2 on Windows 10:

I've tried a few different attempts at fixing it, such as the 4GB patch, troubleshooting compatibility, graphics rules maker, etc. The only thing that's worked at all is adding "-w" to the end of the target in properties, which runs TS2 in windowed mode. It works, but I can't fullscreen it like I want to. I have installed Pets at my most recent EP, and I installed with discs, as opposed to Origin. I know somewhere out there there's probably more solutions, but I feel sort of fatigued from looking and wanted to know if anyone had a solution out there besides those. I'd also like to note my game gave no indication it wasn't installed correctly (i.e. I didn't receive any warning messages or anything).
Please help!

Edit: the site lists university and seasons as my EP's ... I'm looking to change it but those were on my old computer, and this laptop is windows 10.

Edit pt 2: Also pls go easy on me I'm not good with computers and I don't understand most of the technical stuff
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 9:52 PM
Have you used Graphics Rules Maker? If so, having Force texture memory set to 0 will trigger this error. If you have an integrated AND dedicated GPU in your PC, make sure that the game uses the dedicated one. There are also programs available that let you play your game in windowed fullscreen, if that's something you're interested in (Borderless Gaming, for example).