Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 6:47 AM Last edited by Airazor65 : 7th Feb 2021 at 5:19 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Crashes on Second Page In Comfort Section In Buy Mode - EDIT: New issue
I’ve had this problem before on another computer, on the 4th/5th page of men’s hair styles because, as far as I could gather, there were defaults conflicting or something (still trying to track the perp down, dang it). So on my computer I am playing on today, I copied over some CC and tried to make sure there were no duplicates. Spoiler: There were duplicated GUIDs. Went into SimPE, disabled the potential problem packages (because duplicate GUIDs, duh). It still... crashes. This time, second page of comfort, also and switching between comfort and surfaces. How annoying. Those are the two categories I disabled two items from, one from each. But it still crashes. No, it’s not the PC— because it’s a fancy little gaming desktop (noisy as heck). My cousin gave it to me. ANYWAY, I am stumped. Maybe I should check the catelog folder in my game files? I ask because I have some stuff that’s installed there to prevent accidental deletion and game corruption. Oh, can I scan those too? No, I didn’t try to delete anything important this time. By the way, anyone who wants to know, the couple I mentioned in the last post are still floating around in Sim-Purgatory and not actually ruining my game, so it’s not them either. SOS, send help. Seriously. Halp. Please and thank you.

EDIT: Good news, everyone! I finally fixed it! Of course, my game is now showing me blue furniture here and there because it’s wondering why things got moved around, but other than that, yeah! I’m good to go! Thanks for the help, everybody! And special thanks to Mate54, because guess what? The Store chairs were it! See ya next disaster!

EDIT 2: Uhhh.... if something is [packagename]packagepackagepackagepackagepackagepackage.package, is it going to crash my game when it tries to load?
Advertisement
Space Pony
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:28 PM
Okay, so I heard AVG can ruin your game because it will destroy your files sometimes. Uhh... Uhhh. I had it on my conputer long enough for it to do that. Now what?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:53 PM
It sounds like you got bit by AVG's not very good virus "protection" which did things I hated before I got it removed from my computer.It wouldn't let my make any back up copies of any files and I was forced to uninstall it for that very reason.This will only be solved by fiding a better virues protection software than AVG to replace that glitchy mess.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It sounds like you got bit by AVG's not very good virus "protection" which did things I hated before I got it removed from my computer.It wouldn't let my make any back up copies of any files and I was forced to uninstall it for that very reason.This will only be solved by fiding a better virues protection software than AVG to replace that glitchy mess.

Heck. Well, I backed up my game folder (I have fixed Neighborhood templates and recat mods) and I am running the game’s installer to fix it. I’ll let you know what happens next.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson

I recommend Norton. And Malbytes on the side, apparently because Malbytes and Norton can be taught to play nice.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 3:35 PM
Sounds more like you have an item your game doesn't like. Doesn't have to be a duplicate GUID - could be something else the detection programs can't find. Can even be something seemingly innocent-looking.

A 50/50 search through your furniture items could be a good idea. You know you're most likely looking for something comfort-related, so you don't have to look through completely unrelated things like CAS items or neighborhood deco, but make sure to look through CC from installed lots if you have any.

I once had several duplicates of a fire alarm that caused my game to crash when I opened small electronics (but it obviously didn't cause other people's games to crash, because I found the item among CC for several lots I'd downloaded, plus one I'd downloaded along with the full set. For my part, I'd thought that item was just deco when I downloaded it, since there was no info at all, which goes to show how important it is that people write info about the items they upload).
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Sounds more like you have an item your game doesn't like. Doesn't have to be a duplicate GUID - could be something else the detection programs can't find. Can even be something seemingly innocent-looking.

A 50/50 search through your furniture items could be a good idea. You know you're most likely looking for something comfort-related, so you don't have to look through completely unrelated things like CAS items or neighborhood deco, but make sure to look through CC from installed lots if you have any.

I once had several duplicates of a fire alarm that caused my game to crash when I opened small electronics (but it obviously didn't cause other people's games to crash, because I found the item among CC for several lots I'd downloaded, plus one I'd downloaded along with the full set. For my part, I'd thought that item was just deco when I downloaded it, since there was no info at all, which goes to show how important it is that people write info about the items they upload).

Yeah, I’ll look using the download organizer or whatever. SimPE may have missed something. I’ll let you know what happens. Although, after using the game’s installer to fix it, (as I stated) there is a new problem... the resolution is stuck in 800x600. It just keeps getting better...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 9:53 PM
Do you maybe have any Sims 2 Store items? Nominell and Skruvsta chairs are usually the culprits, so try removing those if you have them.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:34 AM
Duplicates. So many duplicates. That is all. I'll let y'all know if I get anymore with the removal process.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 6:05 AM
Alright, it’s still crashing. Time to dig deeper. At least I fixed my resolution. Yay...!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Do you maybe have any Sims 2 Store items? Nominell and Skruvsta chairs are usually the culprits, so try removing those if you have them.

Yes they were!