Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 6:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default New Computer Will Not Install Sims 2
I don't post much but I am having a major problem and not sure how to fix it or if there is a fix for it. So I've been having an install issue that I thought might have been localized to my old computer which was a Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10. the problem started after having to reinstall my game after doing a reformat for a different computer issue. My problem is that once I have the base game disc installed and I go to install the University expansion it stops installing at the update installer. I thought it was a glitch and uninstalled the base game. Attempted again after clearing the files, etc from the first install, again the same error as the first attempt. So I stopped trying and it's been about a year since that last attempt to install, I was thinking the problem might have been my computer(old). I now have a brand new computer which is not 2 months old in my home and I have tried again to do a fresh new install onto my new computer (Windows 10).

Things I've tried were uninstalling and reinstalling, reformatting the old computer, buying a brand new University expansion disk, bought brand new computer. First attempt to install the base game, then University failed exactly as it had on the old computer. Have I missed something as to the reason my game will not install after the base game? I have all the expansions and stuff packs.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 6:26 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 6:21 PM
I noticed the link and it mentions that it works for Windows 8, will it work for Windows 10 as your post was from 2013.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 7:23 PM
Yes, I currently have Sims 2 disc install on my Windows 10 computer, installed using Grumpy Loader.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 7:54 PM
Thank you very much for your help and the link and I will be trying it out!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 12:43 AM Last edited by Voice618 : 12th Mar 2021 at 1:38 AM.
I'm trying to do this as instructed but with my Windows 10 system it doesn't give me the option of XP Service Pack 2 only service pack 3, so I'm not sure how to proceed or is this a lost cause!
EDIT: So I found the Service pack 2 and then tried the Grumpy Loader and it also failed to install the expansion after loading the patch...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voice618
I'm trying to do this as instructed but with my Windows 10 system it doesn't give me the option of XP Service Pack 2 only service pack 3, so I'm not sure how to proceed or is this a lost cause!
EDIT: So I found the Service pack 2 and then tried the Grumpy Loader and it also failed to install the expansion after loading the patch...

Assuming you clicked "Yes" when asked to ignore the errors, have you patched every pack before the one you were installing? Keep in mind that base game, every EP and Family Fun SP have a patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 7:13 PM
Yes I did and yes I know there is a patch for those. Just not sure why it's not working for me. Sorry mate54 I hope I wasn't sounding arrogant or condescending it was not my intention and if it came across that way I apologize, just a little frustrated because the Sims 2 is my favorite game. I have Sims 4 but I only create my Sims and not really for game play.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voice618
Yes I did and yes I know there is a patch for those. Just not sure why it's not working for me. Sorry mate54 I hope I wasn't sounding arrogant or condescending it was not my intention and if it came across that way I apologize, just a little frustrated because the Sims 2 is my favorite game. I have Sims 4 but I only create my Sims and not really for game play.

Don't worry, Sims 2 is not exactly the easiest game to install. We all run into troubles at one point or another.