Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 11:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to download lots with cc properly?
I want to download a lot full of cc and store that cc into a folder so I it's more organized. I saw a tutorial it says that I firstly have to extract the cc without the lot into the downloads/lots/[name of the lot] folder, then extract the lot without cc into teleport using the "default" installation. I tried that and no cc showed up except what was already in my game. Any help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 1:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Mar 2021 at 7:45 PM.
Install the lot with Clean Installer, and make it install the CC to Downloads. You can move the CC into a folder manually if the CI isn't letting you make a new folder.

If you have the UC, make sure your file paths are correctly set up. For whatever reason, mine (at first) decided to make two extra folders called Downloads and Teleport in the EA Games folder, but uses the ones in the UC folder like it's supposed to.

If you have the UC you may have to fix the path. Find the "S2PCI" file in the Program Files folder for Clean Installer, and open it with Notepad. Check it has this path (or whatever the path is to the Documents location on your computer - your computer's username should be after "users") - you can copy the exact path from the path line in the file explorer by clicking on it and Ctrl+C when it's marked blue (you need the "tm" too).

SaveGamePath="C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection"

---

I always put the CC from lots in a separate folder so I know what CC belongs with which lot. I also search through all the CC to get rid of things I don't want (those cursed mailbox/trashcan recolors, among other things).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 6:37 PM
I have easiest way. I remove existing Downloads folder into safe place and create empty Downloads folder. Then I install a lot and all CC will be in one folder. I rename it to something else (like lot name) and move a folder into original Downloads folder and put my Downloads folder back. I don't need to search this CC in between my other mods then.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 6:25 PM
^ Normally I have less than 10 files directly in my downloads folder (the rest is in folders), so relocating those files among the CC is not a problem for me (it's files that I for various reasons either can't take out or know can cause bugs if I forget to put back in, and can't put elsewhere). At the moment I also have a few mods/hacks I can't take out because it can cause potential bugs ingame (like NPC mods - planning on safely wiping those out so they're not a problem).

Taking out loose files in your downloads, or better yet - running a completely empty downloads folder - would work if you can do that, though.

If you really want to be on the safe side, especially if you have several lots to test, run them through a test neighborhood. Then you can delete the entire hood without any problems, even after playtesting with some throwaway sims.