Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 8:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Baby set blocks want
I've downloaded the baby bouncinator and dangle monster from tumblr.

The problem is, when a sim gets the want to buy a toy, the want only gets satisfied if I buy one of these two items. I've bought every other item in the correct category but the want only gets satisfied with these two. I've made sure to remove them from the downloads folder to check, and without them I can buy any other toy and it's registered by the game as buying a toy. I've checked in different neighbourhoods and the problem persists.

Is there something in the packages that can be altered in SimPE to fix this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 10:22 AM
ETA: I think I figured it out. I didn't know that there are different buy a toy wants. The one that parents roll when a baby is born will only be satisfied with baby only related objects, not toddler toys. The one that toddlers roll will be satisfied with other toys. I guess I didn't think the game would be that nuanced.