Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 8:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Reinstalled Ultimate Collection, Pleasantview No Longer Has Neighborhood Story
I have been googling solutions but cannot seem to make this work. I uninstalled and reinstalled by Sims 2 ultimate collection game. When I load up Pleasantview, the neighborhood story is gone. The pictures of each family with the little descriptions are gone. When I select a family and play them, the original pictures in the photo albums appear, and when I enter the subhoods (Bluewater, University, etc.), the neighborhood story and pictures appear, so it seems like something is wrong with Pleasantview. I have tried deleting the EA folder to regenerate the files again, but I still cannot get the neighborhood picture to appear. Is there anyway for me to get the neighborhood story and pictures again? Thank you.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 5:56 AM
Could it be an issue with the game files in Program Files? If you have an issue when installing the game (like if you lose internet connection), sometimes you'll end up with corrupt or missing files in Program Files, so the 'hoods won't generate properly.

You can try repairing your game through Origin. Start Origin, click the tile for Sims 2, click the Settings gear, and choose "Repair" from the dropdown. Then remove the Documents > EA Games folder, start the game and see if Pleasantview's story is back.