Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod

by sims4multiplayer Posted 29th Jun 2019 at 6:31 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2024 at 4:17 PM by sims4multiplayer

221 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 156 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 9:55 PM
some1play it me
Test Subject
#152 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tyjokr
Quit your trolling.

1. You technically don't even install anything, you simply download the launcher and run it.
2. All SmartScreen did was warn you that it didn't recognize the program. This is typical for a program actively being developed. I've had S4MP on multiple computers for months at this point and I can guarantee that it is safe and legit.

Then why does Windows 10 say that it can cause problems?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 1:58 PM
This is what I got when I clicked on the S4MP mod file

"Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
S4MP Online Launcher 0.10.1-public.exe
Publisher:
Unknown publisher
Test Subject
#154 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 6:05 AM
The launcher refuses to open, i had it open at one point and it ends up crashing and says that there is no path to the file and that it does not have permission or something like that. I've tried re-downloading the launcher but it just doesn't open. Sims 4 did just update, and after it did that it went through to verify the files, waited and tried to start again but it messed up my files and made the launcher crash. It crashes and uninstalls itself from my computer. feels like im getting fucking d-dossed. cause im on discord too, and I just disconnected and then reconnected immediately, I try to run the launcher, it crashes. this didn't start happening until today.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#155 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jazzkitty
This is what I got when I clicked on the S4MP mod file

"Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App:
S4MP Online Launcher 0.10.1-public.exe
Publisher:
Unknown publisher

You can click on More Info then a Run Anyway button will appear. S4MP is trusted by hundreds of thousands of people, supported by some huge Sims influencers, feel free to join our Discord community if in doubt. Also, you can run a VirusTotal scan with the exe file if still in doubt.

One thing to keep in mind: always download the mod from a trusted source! (ModTheSims is a trusted source)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#156 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krowtanem
The launcher refuses to open, i had it open at one point and it ends up crashing and says that there is no path to the file and that it does not have permission or something like that. I've tried re-downloading the launcher but it just doesn't open. Sims 4 did just update, and after it did that it went through to verify the files, waited and tried to start again but it messed up my files and made the launcher crash. It crashes and uninstalls itself from my computer. feels like im getting fucking d-dossed. cause im on discord too, and I just disconnected and then reconnected immediately, I try to run the launcher, it crashes. this didn't start happening until today.

It seems to me that what's going on with your computer is not related to the S4MP Launcher. You can try deleting the s4mp-launcher folder from C:\Users\* your username *\AppData\Roaming and see if that helps.
Test Subject
#157 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 12:41 PM
Lmao I thought it said fucking SIMP on the thumbnail.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 9:21 PM
This is an awesome mod, thank you
I do have a question, does it require the sims to be in a specific order, with the host being the first sim made? Asking because I made a household but I'm worried that it may set me as the sim that I made for my friend, because I made his sim first.
Also, does it work with the holiday pack? Wondering because I don't know where to click for holiday (it's the only pack that we both have, and I'm hoping to use it with this mod).
Test Subject
#159 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 10:44 PM
can i play this online dose LAN mean im only playing with people on my network? Why do we have to subscribe on patron for online?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 8:28 PM
Gracias me pueden dar el link de descarga por fabor???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#161 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AveryViolets
This is an awesome mod, thank you
I do have a question, does it require the sims to be in a specific order, with the host being the first sim made? Asking because I made a household but I'm worried that it may set me as the sim that I made for my friend, because I made his sim first.
Also, does it work with the holiday pack? Wondering because I don't know where to click for holiday (it's the only pack that we both have, and I'm hoping to use it with this mod).

There is no limitation regarding the sim order, and it also works with the holiday pack.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#162 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yoxgg04
can i play this online dose LAN mean im only playing with people on my network? Why do we have to subscribe on patron for online?

You can play online using Hamachi or any other VPN solution with the public version as well. Out-of-the-box online play requires access to S4MP Online servers, maintained by the mod developers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:45 AM
Thank you for your hard work.
Test Subject
#164 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pandastar994
Im on 1.68 still I refuse to update already got all my mods and stuff working well enough, I dont feel like redoing all of it.
I play offline on origin so it never updates, so my question is which mod are you talking about and which one would be better for me to use for my version or would I absolutely have to update to use the other mod you spoke of.
(Im downloading this one now to test it out for us, so if it doesnt work for some reason I'd appreciate it if you could link me with the other one you know of if it works)

IT DOES NOT WORK ON SIMS 4!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#165 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 7:22 PM
@WhiteWolf996 If you are having technical issues, you need to be more specific on what doesn't work. Proclaiming something doesn't work is not useful to the creator, nor will it help you getting the mod to work with your game.
Test Subject
#166 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims4multiplayer
You can play online using Hamachi or any other VPN solution with the public version as well. Out-of-the-box online play requires access to S4MP Online servers, maintained by the mod developers.

Sorry, I'm a newbie at this. So when you say I can play online using Hamachi or any other VPN solution does that imply it doesn't require monthly fees to use your servers?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#167 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 4:26 AM
Can you travel separately or do your sims always have to be in the same location at all times?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#168 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jazzkitty
yeah it doesn't work. And how is my post trolling! THIS BOARD JUST GOT TOXIC! >

Hundreds of thousands of people use and enjoy S4MP. If you're having technical difficulties, feel free to join our Discord and ask for help, or describe your issue here. Stating invalid facts with all caps is just wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#169 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teresa7676
Can you travel separately or do your sims always have to be in the same location at all times?

They always have to be in the same location currently.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#170 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zev790
Sorry, I'm a newbie at this. So when you say I can play online using Hamachi or any other VPN solution does that imply it doesn't require monthly fees to use your servers?

Yes, exactly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 2:25 PM
Hello,

we have problem with pack magic we need to launch game the game ask to restart game for relaunch the dlc and the issue block the multilplayer and the host to play

and impossible of play in LAN i never connected in same game and the host but be wait other players connected

can you fix that ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 7:34 AM
Wow this is amazing! It's not something I will use personally (im a solo player at heart) but I think this is just incredible work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 10:18 AM
holly what did I just see!! Imma try out very soon!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#174 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 12:01 PM
can you play if you dont have the same packs
Test Subject
#175 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 8:34 PM
Can you please make this with the sims 2 too? it would be awesome!
Page 7 of 9