Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 5:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't uninstall Double Deluxe?
Surprise surprise, Windows 10 screwed up my game again, so I'm having to reinstall from scratch... again. Problem is, I can't uninstall Double Deluxe because it thinks Mansion & Garden is installed, even though I've cleared all traces of it, including registry entries.

For some reason, clicking uninstall on M&G (via control panel or exe) never did anything, so I had to manually remove it. I deleted everything within C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff and removed all registry entries I could find (and I've looked pretty thoroughly). Is there somewhere I missed? While I could just manually delete DD I'm thinking this remnant of M&G could cause problems when reinstalling, so I'd really like to solve it.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 6:08 AM
Just deleting the files doesn't uninstall it. Go to control panel and uninstall it from there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 6:28 AM
^ Read above. Control panel does nothing.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 7:19 AM
Found my problem, which I'll share in case it helps someone in the future. So one registry line was causing the problem. Under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 there was an entry called 'EPsInstalled' and its data was ",Sims2EP2.exe,,,,,,Sims2SP4.exe,,,,,,,,,Sims2EP9.exe". Turns out EP9 is actually M&G, so I tried removing that part of it (so I was left with ",Sims2EP2.exe,,,,,,Sims2SP4.exe"). Only then it finally accepted that M&G wasn't installed.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 3:04 AM
If you tried uninstalling via control panel, you didn't mention that in your post.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 4:16 AM
They did mention it, maybe you missed it:
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
For some reason, clicking uninstall on M&G (via control panel or exe) never did anything,

Glad you got it fixed, Bubblebeam!