Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 10:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to let Sims eat on cornered Dining Booths without throwing a tantrum about blocked space?
I paired modular dining booth chairs with regular 1x2 or 2x2 tables, but whenever Sims serve food, they complain about blocked space
How can I resolve this? What kind of OMSP should I place on the dining table?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 5:34 AM
I believe they only want to use 1x1 tables with booth seating.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Alchemist
#3 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 9:52 AM
You can use a 1x2 table with booth seating. Though sims seem to be better at eating at booths on community lots than at home...

OP, do you have a picture of what you're trying to do?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 2:44 PM
@Phantomknight yes I have some screenshots of when Sims are complaining.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#5 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 12:09 AM
@Softlism; sorry it took so long to get back to you. Hmm, from looking at your picture it's hard to spot something wrong. First I'll say that I don't think sims ever sit in the corner--so don't expect that. Also, I'm now remembering what I meant when I said that they're better at eating booths on community lots; I don't think sims can slide past each other on home lots. On community lots, sims sorta just jump over each other and get in the booth that way. They don't care about who gets in first. I don't think I've ever seen them do that on a residential lot, though. So that could be the issue--that sims can't get in if someone is already sitting down, blocking the way. In which case you can't do a proper corner. Instead you can only have two booth seats and have the other four spots at the 1x2 table be dining chairs.

But it could also be that you have some other things blocking the way. From your pictures, the radiator, cabinet, and door all might be too close to the table and be blocking sims' routing.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 12:03 PM
@Phantomknight I suspect the first one happens: when Sims cannot slide between Booth chairs in Residential Lots. I wonder if there already exists a mod that fixes this because I want to make use of the cornered seats.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 10:24 PM
Make sure you have the Booth curtain fix by Leefish
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...&topic=12998.50 Last post

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 7:47 PM
@joandsarah77 Thanks, but seems like I've already downloaded this fix