Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 9:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default question about Delphy Download Organiser
Hello, I've been deleting a lot of things from the game / buy mode, (since it's the only way to see the things I don't want), and I guess EA Games doesn't delete the recolors, so I'm encouraged to look for orphans in this program, I have put all my EPS and save etc… ok scan, and rescan, but I don't see the orphans, where are they? , I made a backup, obviously, where is the list of orphans? I don't see it in the list of the program. Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Mar 2022 at 1:04 PM Last edited by sushigal007 : 12th Mar 2022 at 1:10 PM.
Once you scan for orphans, you need to click the checkbox down in Search Options to show orphans. Also it's a bit late now, but next time you want to delete objects and their recolours, place an empty lot, stick everything you want to delete on it, package it up, close the game, install your packaged lot to a separate folder and then run a duplicate file scanner over that and your downloads folder. Recolours are packaged with lots, so you get rid of both at once.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 7:05 PM
well, that was confusing

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 1:10 PM
Which bit?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Which bit?

Actually, it's a Gramma thing. All them electronical thingies make Gramma want pie, and a nap.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 6:12 PM
And this is why I love @grammapat :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 10:19 PM
Aah OK, that's fair enough. XD
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
And this is why I love @grammapat :lovestruc

Love U2. OXO
...in a strictly platonic and appropriate way.

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Once you scan for orphans, you need to click the checkbox down in Search Options to show orphans. Also it's a bit late now, but next time you want to delete objects and their recolours, place an empty lot, stick everything you want to delete on it, package it up, close the game, install your packaged lot to a separate folder and then run a duplicate file scanner over that and your downloads folder. Recolours are packaged with lots, so you get rid of both at once.

what you put makes more sense than the organizer, the orphans, they are not orphans, it removes things that do exist in the game, for example all the work of ladysimplayer8, it says they are orphans, I removed several things, but I did not delete them, now I have to search and replace things that I removed, the program is fine to organize, not to search for orphans, it is my humble opinion.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 9:16 PM
It's better than nothing, but yeah, it does have its limitations. I seem to recall it flags a lot of default replacements as false positives. What I tend to do is move the orphans to a new folder to double check them. Alas, I don't think the perfect orphan scanner exists.