Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 1:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I stop other sims from hitting and fighting my sim.
I have been having my sim buy an empty community lot then I build on it. That way I can check custom content as I build on the lot. I learned that I need to have a closed sign on the lot before starting to build or I get many visitors. My issue is that even with the closed sign there is always one sim who comes onto the lot and starts hitting and fighting my sim. I have tried various sims, but each time the same thing happens. My sim doesn't do anything first, she is just standing there when another sim walks up and starts hitting her. The other sim is always a stranger. How do I stop a random stranger from coming up and start hitting and fighting my sim as I try to build on my lot?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 7:41 PM
It looks like you need a hacked object like LOT VISITOR CONTROLLER or SIMWARDROBE and there's also an older version of the lot visitor controller HERE though I'd only use one of the two versions to stop visitos from just showing up and there's also a fix for lots being prepopulated on loading HERE and afix for the opened and closed sign at SIMLOGICAL in the TS2 section under the money section and in business helper hacks.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:18 PM
The visitor controller has some odd side effects, like preventing guests at toga parties from wearing togas, and it causes a neighborhood reset.

I have to ask, though, why are you even in live mode? You take the sims there, they arrive, you go into build/buy mode and you stay there until the thing is built. The open/closed sign tends to be one of the last things I buy and it spawns in the "open' condition, at which point potential customers start to show up.

If it's always the same sim behaving this way, you can buy a teleporter and zap him away as often as he shows up. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 9:43 PM
You can use the visitor controller or a teleporter, but if the lot is an owned business, just ask the sim to leave.

Occasionally, even though a business is closed, sims still hang around as if they didn't hear the closing whistle--just Ask them To Leave or Say Goodbye. If there's no option for that, then, yeah, use the visitor controller or a teleporter to kick them off the lot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 12:23 AM
I've never had to shoo any sim off an owned business after I close it. Occasionally you have to reset someone if they got stuck in an interaction but otherwise they all leave on their own and it's easy to wait for them to leave before directing your playables, and then they don't run around the lot wasting time blowing a whistle. But all owned businesses are open by default unless you placed the sign.

The main reason sims come to a lot and slap you is if your spied on them with the telescope, but I don't know if that can actually happen on community lots and you have to have a mod to place the telescope there anyway. I'm also confused about why you're in live mode, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 2:43 AM
Some reasons a sim might be mad at your sim and picking on them.

1) You looked through the telescope during the day -that is spying on them.
2) They hate you because you dated them at some point, they got a crush on your sim then they caught your sim with some other sim. These sims will kick over your trash and randomly pick fights with you for ever more.
3) You open a business and use no mods and they complained about the 'mess'. One empty plate constitutes a complainable mess. They got a double negative and from there it can easily go downhill.
4) They are a mean sim who after greeting your sim decided to have some fun by 'annoying' your sim with a nose flick and it went downhill quickly from there.
5) Your sim gossiped about them and the gossip got passed along to them.
6) Your sim is a mean sim who enjoys annoying others and may have got a bad reputation. Other sims will more easily have bad reactions to you as they know you have a bad rep.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 5:35 PM
I did have that issue a few times on my old computer and it happened for no reason at all other than EA likely coded some bad behaviors into the NPC's and they also introdiced a bug where community lots began to pre-populate on loading before your playable sims even arrived.I always ekpp the business closed and have closed sessions where the owner was the only one besides their partner to visit and that's where the teleporters can help with setting limits on how many sims are allowed to show up and there's an update to the lot visitor controller at MTT which is the one I'm currently using and a lot of the other things I've linked can also help with the issue and NPC's can sometimes start fighting for no reason other than they're just nasty and very outgoing which means they'll often fight other sims.It can also happen if your sims is mean and started a number of fights with other sims as it would've affected the reputation badly.I also fence off the new business and gate it off when it's under contstruction and sessions will be about that at first and I've got the career rewards and aspiration rewards unlocked to buy mode so charsma podiums are placed on the lot so sims can start to build or I'll use the career reward pinball machines as I also hacked them to earn more money from playing pinball.The simlogical hacked open and closed sign has businesses closed by default at first which is what I always wanted in the past as a new business is never going to be ready to go right out of the gate.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 3:03 AM
Default reply
I go in live mode to check objects like the roller coaster that I am building. I do usually build before I buy the lot, but I have been having issues with building a roller coaster so I decided to build on the lot and test it at each stage so I don't build the lot then find out that I wasted my time and it doesn't work. I tried building and testing without an open/closed sign and I received quite a few visitors that kept getting in my way and bothering my sim. With a closed sign I only get 1 and a wicked witch which doesn't cause much trouble.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The visitor controller has some odd side effects, like preventing guests at toga parties from wearing togas, and it causes a neighborhood reset.

I have to ask, though, why are you even in live mode? You take the sims there, they arrive, you go into build/buy mode and you stay there until the thing is built. The open/closed sign tends to be one of the last things I buy and it spawns in the "open' condition, at which point potential customers start to show up.

If it's always the same sim behaving this way, you can buy a teleporter and zap him away as often as he shows up. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 3:14 AM
Default reply
I have Sim_Manipulator and I do also have Visitor Controller By twojeffs. I haven't tried those to get rid of the angry sim, I was hoping to figure out why the sim is attacking my sim first before having to use a mod.

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It looks like you need a hacked object like LOT VISITOR CONTROLLER or SIMWARDROBE and there's also an older version of the lot visitor controller HERE though I'd only use one of the two versions to stop visitos from just showing up and there's also a fix for lots being prepopulated on loading HERE and afix for the opened and closed sign at SIMLOGICAL in the TS2 section under the money section and in business helper hacks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 3:17 AM
Default reply
Number 4 is the only possible reason. I used a brand new sim and the other sim greeted them with a slap on the face.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Some reasons a sim might be mad at your sim and picking on them.

1) You looked through the telescope during the day -that is spying on them.
2) They hate you because you dated them at some point, they got a crush on your sim then they caught your sim with some other sim. These sims will kick over your trash and randomly pick fights with you for ever more.
3) You open a business and use no mods and they complained about the 'mess'. One empty plate constitutes a complainable mess. They got a double negative and from there it can easily go downhill.
4) They are a mean sim who after greeting your sim decided to have some fun by 'annoying' your sim with a nose flick and it went downhill quickly from there.
5) Your sim gossiped about them and the gossip got passed along to them.
6) Your sim is a mean sim who enjoys annoying others and may have got a bad reputation. Other sims will more easily have bad reactions to you as they know you have a bad rep.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 4:12 AM Last edited by marka93 : 5th Apr 2022 at 4:23 AM.
You can take controll of that sim and look at his memories and see if anything is there.

The best way I have found is using the Cat from: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

Just don't save when you exit the lot.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 6:05 AM
I've got anotjher link to more that would be helpful for building a business if it was bouht by a sim as an empty community lot and the sim had spent nearly all of their money buying the lot.It's BUYABLE ASPIRATION AND CAREER REWARDS which has been in my game for years and almost ever since installing UC as I got tired of using the cheat to unlock career rewards.There's a charisma podium that pays the sims when they use it to buld up charisma skill and they can still earn money practicing sppeches after maxing out charisma skill with it and also a career reward pinball machine that earns money and with a bakc to make it earn more it's a big help though it works fine without that other hack found HERE which improves the earnings from the pinball. machines.