Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 9:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Downloaded Bodyshop CC Not Showing
This is a new problem for me, in all my days. I downloaded some stuff into a low-Downloads folder version of the game (which I use for creation) and for whatever reason, it's not showing up. It's not showing in BodyShop, it's not showing in the CC dialogue, but it's very much definitely in my folder, with meshes and everything. And the annoying thing is that it used to show up, as I'd retextured the meshes before.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 5:37 PM
- Does it happen to all CAS/Bodyshop stuff, or just a few items?

- Have you remembered to unzip the files?

- Have you made sure to not subfolder the items too deep in the Downloads folder, and/or made sure the folder/file names aren't too long? (256 character file path limit)

- Are you sure it's the correct meshes (ages/genders)?

- Do you have any examples (links) of items that don't work for you?
(one example of files that won't show is if the CC creator uploaded the wrong files - if someone uploads the files found in the project folders instead of the ones that appear in SavedSims, they won't work in other people's games. There are still some of these scattered around - they're easy enough to recognize in SimPE, and a scan with the Clean Installer can also see the difference).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
- Does it happen to all CAS/Bodyshop stuff, or just a few items?

- Have you remembered to unzip the files?

- Have you made sure to not subfolder the items too deep in the Downloads folder, and/or made sure the folder/file names aren't too long? (256 character file path limit)

- Are you sure it's the correct meshes (ages/genders)?

- Do you have any examples (links) of items that don't work for you?
(one example of files that won't show is if the CC creator uploaded the wrong files - if someone uploads the files found in the project folders instead of the ones that appear in SavedSims, they won't work in other people's games. There are still some of these scattered around - they're easy enough to recognize in SimPE, and a scan with the Clean Installer can also see the difference).

I have indeed unzipped and placed in one folder down from "downloads". It seems to be all BS content, though in my smaller test game I don't have that many as I mostly do furniture. The issues are:

besens hairstyle "Sissi" (which never showed up), *Requested* New Robe Mesh - Male version (which showed up initially as I have a recolor that I made of it),
Star Trek: Borg Male Head Implants
, and Superhero Cape for Child-Adult (both of which have the same issue as the robe)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 7:46 PM
Is everything else showing up (furniture, recolors, other CAS items?) - if not, are you sure your CC is properly enabled?

All of them look like they should be showing up. Have you looked all the way back to the end of the Maxis content, where the CC starts? Some of the items could be quite far back.

Make sure you're looking in the right categories. Some accessories probably don't have custom thumbnails so they're not always easy to find (like the cape), and some might be for different ages (there's a difference between adult and YA). The accessories will only show up with the proper clothing categories, so if something is only categorized for everyday and gym, it won't show up in the selection panel if your sim is currently wearing PJs.

The hair is categorized as custom. Cape and borg accessories are categorized as everyday/gym/formal. Robes are formal and everyday, AM/YM/EM.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 8:12 PM
Try taking out the Downloads folder, run bodyshop so that it generates a fresh new Downloads folder, close bodyshop, put the files from the old folder in it and try again. Sometimes that does the trick.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Is everything else showing up (furniture, recolors, other CAS items?) - if not, are you sure your CC is properly enabled?

All of them look like they should be showing up. Have you looked all the way back to the end of the Maxis content, where the CC starts? Some of the items could be quite far back.

Make sure you're looking in the right categories. Some accessories probably don't have custom thumbnails so they're not always easy to find (like the cape), and some might be for different ages (there's a difference between adult and YA). The accessories will only show up with the proper clothing categories, so if something is only categorized for everyday and gym, it won't show up in the selection panel if your sim is currently wearing PJs.

The hair is categorized as custom. Cape and borg accessories are categorized as everyday/gym/formal. Robes are formal and everyday, AM/YM/EM.

The only CAS items that show up (besides EAxis ones) are those already in the SavedSims folder, i.e. the recolors I'd made before. I thought I might be poking in the wrong categories as well, but no, they're just...not there.

Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Try taking out the Downloads folder, run bodyshop so that it generates a fresh new Downloads folder, close bodyshop, put the files from the old folder in it and try again. Sometimes that does the trick.

That's bizarre, but it worked. Why the heck did it work? No idea. But it did.

Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 4:15 PM
Glad it worked! I think sometimes the game just forgets the folder is there for some reason and forcing it to remake it itself then makes it go "oh yeah this folder! I know it."