Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 5:53 PM Last edited by MirkaM : 20th Apr 2022 at 1:48 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default *SOLVED* meetmetotheriver's clean template problem/ Pleasantview/Veronaville
I recently downloaded meetmetotheriver's clean templates, first three of them (pleasantview, strangetown and veronaville) , since i have installed my game up to IKEA pack.
When I opened new neighbourhood and shopping district, only Pleasantview and Strangetown showed up.
And here is my problems
1. Pleasantview main families are missing. Completely. How can I get them back?
2. Veronaville subhood doesn't show up. I can see it in the directory -> The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate , but not in game. What to do?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 2:52 PM
Just to make sure you did everything correct, which versions did you download (main hood or shopping district) and where did you place them? The path you posted for the Veronaville Shopping District is the correct one.

Do you have Mootilda's "Fix Subhood Selection" mod? It's linked on meetme2theriver's site and required for the subhood versions to work. https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924

If you downloaded any of the main hoods, did you delete the folder before copying the new neighborhood there? This also goes for any folder called N001, N002 or N003, no matter if it was the Maxis hoods or your custom neighborhood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 6:10 PM
I downloaded subhood ones and put everything on the same folder. I didn’t know about mootildas fix. I’ll Try that and let you know.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 12:49 AM
Can you tell us the exact folder directory you placed the downloaded clean neighborhoods in? This will help us help you better!

If you put them directly into your Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder, you may not have deleted the existing N001/N002/N003 folders etc properly before moving the clean templates in. In this case, you'll want to delete and replace the N001/N002/N003 folders with the new cleaned templates again. Make sure to DELETE first then move the new ones, or your computer will merge them weirdly and corrupt the hood (which may have caused the missing sims).

If you put them into your Program Files, make sure you put the "main hood" templates into the right place (-INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods folder) and the "subhood" templates in the proper location as well. The subhood folders go in a different location.
  • Shopping District versions go in -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
  • Universities go in -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
  • Downtowns go in -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

**THESE LOCATIONS WILL VARY SLIGHTLY IF YOU HAVE ULTIMATE COLLECTION OR ANY OF THE OTHER COLLECTIONS/DELUXE EDITIONS SUCH AS BEST OF BUSINESS PACK**

You said you installed everything to the same folder, so it's likely you didn't put the subhood files in the right place. Make sure to double check. You'll also want Mootilda's subhood selection fix (someone linked that already) so that you can properly click all the shopping districts/downtowns/universities in the menu screen.

Also, since you only have up to IKEA SP, you may not be able to use the Veronaville subhood. Make sure you have the fixed version, as Meetme originally accidentally set the game version for the VV subhood to require M&G.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 1:46 PM
I downloaded only the subhood ones and put them in -> The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

Okay, I tried Mootilda's fix and it worked! Yay! Now I have Pleasantview families and veronaville too!
So, my problems are solved! Thank you guys for your help!✔