Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2022 at 1:34 PM Last edited by candyboot : 9th May 2022 at 7:11 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default When playing a family, the game windows/quits back to desktop
I say when playing a family, because it always happens when I am playing a family, not when there is a loading screen or anything.
Back to the problem: Why is this so? And what can be done about it? This is so annoying!

So, I learned that this happens only on a certain family.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2022 at 4:42 PM
- Do you get errors/jump bugs?
- Have you tried enabling the "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" cheat to see if it creates an error log?
- Does the game create a crash log in the Logs folder?
- Does it happen when your sims are doing something very spesific, like cooking, driving a car, browsing buy mode, changing appearance, (or anything like this) - basically, is there some sort of pattern to when the crashes happen?
- Do you use mods and/or other CC?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2022 at 5:27 PM
Does this happen with every family or the same one over and over?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2022 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
- Do you get errors/jump bugs?
- Have you tried enabling the "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" cheat to see if it creates an error log?
- Does the game create a crash log in the Logs folder?
- Does it happen when your sims are doing something very spesific, like cooking, driving a car, browsing buy mode, changing appearance, (or anything like this) - basically, is there some sort of pattern to when the crashes happen?
- Do you use mods and/or other CC?

I use CC, no mods.
No errors/jump bugs.
I have not tried enabling boolProp.
I do not know if the game creates a crash log, have not checked.
It does happen randomly, not specific.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2022 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Does this happen with every family or the same one over and over?

I dont know, because these days I only play with one family. So it could be happening to another family, I just dont know.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2022 at 5:05 PM
Have you tried taking out your CC (and mods), playing for a bit, and see if your game still crashes?

(backup your game first, because taking out your CC can cause some issues with missing items, especially if you save your game while testing).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2022 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried taking out your CC (and mods), playing for a bit, and see if your game still crashes?

(backup your game first, because taking out your CC can cause some issues with missing items, especially if you save your game while testing).

This I have not tried.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2022 at 7:47 PM
When you have a problem, the first thing to do is to test its parameters, to see if the problem is with a house, a lot, a family, maybe an individual sim, or a neighborhood. And the second thing is to back up the game and try without your mods - because those procedures will give you a lot of information. Sometimes a lot goes bad; sometimes a mod conflicts with another mod but only under certain circumstances, sometimes there's a problem with a sim. Troubleshooting consists of isolating the problem so you can correct it. If the lot's bad, all you have to do is move the family. If it's bad CC or a mod conflict, you'll have to do what we call the 50/50.

Before you were allowed to start this thread, you were directed to a Game Help FAQ which would have walked you through the most useful procedures to find the most common problems. I know it looks like a lot, and I acknowledge it's tedious; but it's how problems get solved. Since the userbase is so experienced by now, sometimes you can get a bit of information through a utility or by reading an error code that will lead you straight to the problem or allow you to make the process shorter by pointing you in the right direction, and sometimes someone will come along and ask: Hey, do you have this mod and this mod? Because that happened to me when I had them and this is how I solved it; but you don't want to rely on luck, you want to get back to your game. And troubleshooting will get you there.

And remember - computer code does not have to make any sense at the human level, only at the code level. I once had a blouse that crashed my game whenever a person wearing it took a photo in the booth. There used to be a bad CC lamp that did stupid things to lots. Some mods will have fatal conflicts if loaded in the wrong order. Don't skip a step because it "doesn't make any sense."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th May 2022 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
I use CC, no mods.
No errors/jump bugs.
I have not tried enabling boolProp.
I do not know if the game creates a crash log, have not checked.
It does happen randomly, not specific.

Firs thing is make a back up
Second run hood check and see if your game plays.
Third remove CC and see how it plays. If its CC you may need to do a 50/50 hunt for it.

If you have no mods in this could also be part of the issue. You want to right away go download 'no unlink on delete' and 'no corrupt death' by Pescado.
Go get the bat box. I have the bat box as a vase up on my Tumblr. https://joplayingthesims.tumblr.com...download-it-was Or Pescado has it as a black box up on his site MATY. (No sign in needed ignore any sign ins)

With the game paused check the bat box and check under fix and nuke and memory. If you see 'clear corrupt' under memory click that. Sims 2 has some game breaking and hood breaking issues that require mods to fix or prevent. One if graves deleting themselves which will cause corruption. If you play vampires without Creature Fixes or some other mod to prevent the NPC Crumplebottom being bitten that can fry your whole install.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~