Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] The "CEP" v. 7.0d (31 Dec 2007)

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Numenor Reason: Go to [url]http://cep.modthesims2.com[/url]
621 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 618 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 25
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 6:55 AM
Thank you Numenor
Forum Resident
#27 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 8:32 AM
Thanks for this.
Now I can finally do some recolours that my pets (and my self) will like :D

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 12:55 PM
I don't have any EPs but I do have custom content downloaded into my game. I also had the old CEP. Do I need the new CEP to keep my custom content running?? Or will I just be fine without it?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 1:11 PM
If you don't keep your CEP updated, your objects will still work fine; but you will miss possible additions for the base game (additions that new recolours may require in order to work).

Every new CEP version has exactly the same content of the previous ones, plus the additions. So, regularly updating the CEP will never harm

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:15 PM
Thank you Numenor!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:16 PM
Numenor,

I have the strong feeling that I need to apologize for not mentioning you and your group in my (partly recolored) mods. Reason: I didn't really know what CEP is, what it does, and how it will affect recolors. After spending quite some time with reading through dozens of threads (and also the FAQ), I'm still a bit lost. Either my english isn't good enough to understand the quoted text below, or my logic skill isn't high enough

Quote:
What is a CEP CLONE? And a CEP RECOLOUR?

A CEP Clone is an object that was cloned either from a Maxis object colour-enabled by the CEP, or from another CEP Clone.
A CEP Recolour is a recolour package created for a Maxis object colour-enabled by the CEP, and need the CEP to work.
NOTE: Only CEP recolours need the CEP in order to work: cloned objects and recolours for cloned objects work fine even without the CEP.

For instance, my TeenStar PC. It was cloned from the Maxis' Moneywell Computer. Now what is it? A CEP clone? A CEP recolor? Or a simple recolor that has nothing to do with your CEP? And most important of all: How do I recognize if I'm dealing with your recolor options or not? (If yelling wasn't forbidden here, I'd yell now for help! *laughs*) I found the copyright mark in all my object mods, so I'm unsure if you and your group are that busy, or if SimPE simply adds it to any recolor.

Help! *g*

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 8:06 PM
Hello! Above all want to give the thanks by the CEP, the truth is that is of the best than has been able to be found in discharges, and has done that the addicts to the sims, we have him all a little bit more easy.

The problem is that when you install the sims pets, in spite of the fact that some houses were new, the game began to go badly, and many houses be seen of red or white color. Today me enter that bean that to bring up to date the CEP that have, and when I discharge it, the WinZIP gives an error, and the file appears I empty. Not s if has passed to some people, or alone is thing mine, but not itself a lot of english (I am using a translator, excuse if the things is badly written), and not itself if already you responded.

Go and ace very thanks by to have done this, and tomorrow to try it again! Greetings!
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 9:13 PM
will the new CEP overwrite the old CEP...or just add on what i didnt have before?
Forum Resident
#34 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 9:32 PM
Recolor Problem Found
I recolored the Pets Paw Window and the glass was to be blue the glass part but it is orange, the other glass windows for the pets are recolored to blue tint fine, something is not right for the paw window glass tinting. Thanks!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 12:42 AM
CtfG - Whenever you find a copyright notice in your packages, then a little part of the CEP has been transferred to your package. It's not an automatic copyright made by SimPE. Yes, I'm that busy
The only problem is now to understand if your package is a CEP clone or a CEP recolour. I think it's quite easy to know: what option have you selected in SimPE when creating your package? Clone or recolour?
Anyway, if you don't remember, just look into the package: recolour packages contain very few files (only TXTR, TXMT and MMAT), while clones contain a lot of files...

For CEP recolours - apart from crediting the CEP creators and providing a link to this tread - it's absolutely required to clearly state that these recolours need the CEP in order to correctly work in people's games. I put the stress on this in your interest, if you don't want a lot of complaints about your recolours not showing in catalog.

On the other hand, for the CEP clones is not required anything: no credits, not mention to the CEP, no link to this thread. Just be aware that if your TeenStar PC is recolourable, it's not thanks to Maxis

Meila - Yes, try again downloading the CEP. Eventually, you will get a working ZIP. But probably the new CEP will NOT fix your problems with the red and white houses...

xcgurl08 - The new CEP will automatically uninstall the old one and install itself. The CEP5 contains all the things from the older CEPs, plus the new additions.

Angelsims2 - The Pets Paw window is not a CEP object: it was made recolourable by Maxis. However, I noticed that the glass texture is in Raw32bit format (unlike all the other windows that I know of, that use the DXT3 format).
You can't use the "Build DXT" function to import a texture in Raw32bit: you must use the standard SimPE "Import" command.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 1:08 AM
Yep, a reinstall fixed it. Thanks again. :]
Field Researcher
#37 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 1:59 AM
Thanks, that helped! I usually clone a Maxis' object, which in return I recolor. All recolors come into the clone-package, with some manual adjusting of instances etc. So I'm actually making CEP clones. Good to know *laughs*. BTW: I also found this Excel-sheet with a listing of CEP-objects. Yes, I agree: You *are* that busy! Thanks for enabling these options for us.

Best,
CtfG

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 2:53 AM
Thanks so much, I would be lost without the CEP! :D
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 7:16 AM
After installing the latest version of CEP, when I restarted my game, the Radiance lighting system was once again back into my game. I'm baffled since you said it was removed from the CEP. I played with the radiance lighting for a long time but removed it a few weeks ago. Don't know if I'm the only one this happened to....if so that is really really strange lol At any rate, I used the back ups from Gunmod's post to rewrite the lighting files.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
CtfG - Whenever you find a copyright notice in your packages, then a little part of the CEP has been transferred to your package. It's not an automatic copyright made by SimPE. Yes, I'm that busy
The only problem is now to understand if your package is a CEP clone or a CEP recolour. I think it's quite easy to know: what option have you selected in SimPE when creating your package? Clone or recolour?
Anyway, if you don't remember, just look into the package: recolour packages contain very few files (only TXTR, TXMT and MMAT), while clones contain a lot of files...

For CEP recolours - apart from crediting the CEP creators and providing a link to this tread - it's absolutely required to clearly state that these recolours need the CEP in order to correctly work in people's games. I put the stress on this in your interest, if you don't want a lot of complaints about your recolours not showing in catalog.

On the other hand, for the CEP clones is not required anything: no credits, not mention to the CEP, no link to this thread. Just be aware that if your TeenStar PC is recolourable, it's not thanks to Maxis

Meila - Yes, try again downloading the CEP. Eventually, you will get a working ZIP. But probably the new CEP will NOT fix your problems with the red and white houses...

xcgurl08 - The new CEP will automatically uninstall the old one and install itself. The CEP5 contains all the things from the older CEPs, plus the new additions.

Angelsims2 - The Pets Paw window is not a CEP object: it was made recolourable by Maxis. However, I noticed that the glass texture is in Raw32bit format (unlike all the other windows that I know of, that use the DXT3 format).
You can't use the "Build DXT" function to import a texture in Raw32bit: you must use the standard SimPE "Import" command.

Oh, I see okay thank you!
Oh yea I found the phone in SimPE it is in objects09. LOL.....I forgotten how to do the DXT the old way to recolor items lol...Anyways thank you!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skanlala
After installing the latest version of CEP, when I restarted my game, the Radiance lighting system was once again back into my game. I'm baffled since you said it was removed from the CEP. I played with the radiance lighting for a long time but removed it a few weeks ago. Don't know if I'm the only one this happened to....if so that is really really strange lol At any rate, I used the back ups from Gunmod's post to rewrite the lighting files.

I probably understand what happened: you installed the previous CEP while you already had the Radiance installed, and therefore the old CEP made a backup copy of your main lighting file (that was edited to include the Radiance).
Installing the new CEP, it uninstalled the older, restoring that backup of the lighting file, containing the Radiance.

Now you say you have solved the problem, but remember that now the Scriptorium not only can install/uninstall the Radiance, but also contains all the original Maxis files, so that you can easily restore the original files into your game without extracting them from the original discs.

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 10:52 AM
Thank you so much for all your hard work and how quickly you finished it. Yeah, I can't wait to get recoloring. Thank you. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#43 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 9:43 PM
Since the "Thanks" button has long ago disappeared from this thread for me (for most of us, I'd guess), I have to say it here: THANKS!!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 12:08 AM
Thank you, Numenor.

I have a problem though, and I hope this is the right thread to ask about it. I installed the new CEP and it works just fine, but something else seems amiss, and I am hoping you can help. Shortly after I installed Pets, there were a couple of errors, one of them being that my sims can no longer access all the clothes they've purchased from their wardrobes. If I remove the CEP, they can access them again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but it is either have all my beautiful game objects intact, or else look at all those blue blinking things just so I can change my everyday clothes and wear what I want. Do you have any suggestions at all? This is very frustrating.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 12:20 AM
The CEP can't possibly modify neither the clothings nor the pie menu of the armoires (or any other object). In my game, armoires works perfectly.

But I think I have read of this problem somewhere, though I couldn't retrieve the thread... I can only say that it's not related to the CEP. Sorry, but I can't help you solving this problem; perhaps you could post in the Game Help forum.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I probably understand what happened: you installed the previous CEP while you already had the Radiance installed, and therefore the old CEP made a backup copy of your main lighting file (that was edited to include the Radiance).
Installing the new CEP, it uninstalled the older, restoring that backup of the lighting file, containing the Radiance.

Now you say you have solved the problem, but remember that now the Scriptorium not only can install/uninstall the Radiance, but also contains all the original Maxis files, so that you can easily restore the original files into your game without extracting them from the original discs.

Ahhhh thanks for explaining that, I imagine that is what happened.

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me that....other people just pointed at me and was like "nuh uh that can't be possible" lol
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 9:36 PM
I think that CEP is conflicting with some hacks.

The hacks I have is :
antiredundancy
collegeadjuster
CommTelescope
ffsdebugger
finalfix-nlp2
No More Secret Abductions
nodormieregen
notownieregen
Numenor_GlobalHack_OFB_Custom-objects-placeable-on-shelves
TeleporterShrubPlus

After installing the new CEP, my sim couldn´t do the dishes. The plates became un-clickable when the sims had finished eating.

I could move the plates around with out any problems in Buy/Build mode.

If I removed my hacks, the plates became clickable again, but the green stink cloud was gone. And the sim had the option to either Clean Up or Resume Cooking with the dirty plates !!!

So I uninstalled the new CEP (in Controlpanel-Add/Remove Programs) and installed the OFB CEP, added my hacks and everything is back to normal.

I don´t get it ... *Confused*

Rose
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 10:40 PM
No, the CEP is not a hack, and therefore can't conflict with the existing hacks.
I think that removing and then reinstalling the hacks has "unblocked" something in your game, that now works fine.

The elements contained in the CEP are exclusively related to the exterior look of the objects, not to their functions, and so the CEP isn't capable at all to alter the game behaviour.

Scholar
#49 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:00 AM
Thanks a lot for updating the best "must have" item for the sims 2
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 5:53 AM
"CEP are exclusively related to the exterior look of the objects"
Well, that was my impression too ... that is what is so confusing.

And yes, thank you for taking the time to update
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 25