Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked COMPUTER (Not Global) << UPDATED 09/26/2007 <<

by monique Posted 19th May 2005 at 2:38 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2007 at 3:12 AM by monique

970 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 951 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 39
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 7:37 PM Last edited by kool24 : 23rd Jun 2005 at 8:18 AM. Reason: added couple ideas
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Bank Online is back!

woooot ya fix it i take it? was wondering does it have all features like shoguls (sp) like family gets some of the money if they die? i have a post in hack request for a bank with features i would like to see ill post it here not sure what all you in encluded when ya fix shoguls

Ideas
inharatince from bank accounts--When a sim die's get disrubited between family
1-1 ratio 1$ for 1coin or what ever
bank can hold what ever amount
lil intrest .6 or so ..get intrest like on fridays per week? 1-1 ratio for intrest
beable to transfer money between all sims in game for that nieborhood or whom you know
all sims have there own account
loan feature up to what ever
and repay so much with intrest
1k 5k 10k 15k 25k 50k?buttons for banking and loan?
just ideas that would be great features

and anything else that people come up with

Thank you very much :D
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 12:26 AM
I love this, I got it before you added the clothing and such. Thank you so much. Sorry if I missed this on your post but to get the new one do I delete the other?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 3:34 AM
crystlfire, yes just delete or overwrite the old one.
Test Subject
#54 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 6:08 AM
Hey it looks cool but I can't download it because I don't have university installed because something happenend 2 my cd(I think it was my little brother) so can u plz make one 4 jus the sims2
#55 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 9:41 PM
Neat object. I'll try it out!
Test Subject
#56 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 3:42 AM
Default download problems
I downloaded this item more than 5 times and still cant find it. Please help.
Test Subject
#57 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 9:01 AM
Looks great downloading now, will test it later.
#58 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 5:19 PM
Default He..he.hee
SLMAT PO!!!! :howdy:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 12:24 AM
Hi, ianedips lapong anuman.

Uploaded v4.3 pls check first page for details. tnx.
#60 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Sarah1946 : 25th Jun 2005 at 7:37 PM. Reason: additional information
I've tried both the global and non-global version and also tried post #23 but still have a problem. When I click shop at home the action disappears for queue or if they are already at the computer they jump up. Then they cannot use the computer again until I move the chair and then move it back. Other functions of the computers work fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 9:22 PM
Sarah1946,
Do you have an EP installed? The reason why I ask you this because it's working fine to me and I have an EP and I tried with only three files in my downloads folder (MQ_Computer.package, MQ_Computer_Global.package and MQ_Computer_Global_Bank.package). But when I tried to uninstalled my EP, I saw "SHOP ONLINE/Buy Clothing" but no options for everday, formal... when I tried to click on "Buy Clothing", it allowed me to buy but I encountered that jump up. The same thing happened to me when I tried to buy Chinese food and Electronic gadgets. Because this hack is EP required. If you have EP installed and that's a problem how am I going to fix it if it's works fine to me and I dont have basis or guide for testing. Can you please give me more details so that I can simulate it.
#62 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 5:50 AM
Monique, I have EP University installed. It happens with all the shop features only. Everything else works fine. It happened when I took everything ese out of the downloads folder, too. I can buy Chinese food, groceries, use bank features, study.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 8:17 AM
Still no clue aside from EP and all the shop features.
Is this in University or Original (pleasantview...)?
Type of sim (Elder, Adult...) trying to use it? Gender?
Is this happens in one family? Did you try other families? Custom families or default families?
Or newly created family? I assumes too that you're using the latest version (v4.3) of this hack, cuz in my earlier version I had the same feedback for buying clothes in not global hack version but not all features of shop online and I already fixed that.
Sorry if I have a lot of questions. I just want to simulate the scenario. For it's hard to fix it if I cant see the problem.

So, right now I'm not going to fix it. I have a working object here once I met that problem I definitely update it.

Thanks for informing me this.

Anyway you can still enjoy other features of it.

But if that one unaccessible feature bugs you you're free to remove it from your download folder. Thank you again for testing it.
#64 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 7:29 PM
I like the other features so I'll keep it. I haven't tried it with anyone other than adult, but happens with both male and female. I never use default characters or neighborhoods so it is with custom both. Haven't tried it on a University lot. It happens with all families in all neighborhoods. All the families are newly created as I just reinstalled the game last week. Yes, it is the latest version. I had it before I reinstalled the game and it worked fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 4:46 AM
You didnt mention why you reinstalled the game, maybe there was something wrong with your computer or operating system or your games or upgraded your hardware ....But I'm pretty sure that my hack didnt cause it because you said that "before you reinstalled the game and it worked fine".

Now let's go back to your problem, It sounds like you have a corrupted data (The Sims 2 folder) there and it's not advisable to continue playing with it, my hack is working before you reinstalled the game and now it's not, and there is a possiblity that it might happen to any other hacks too. I would suggest this steps (our last solution):
1. Rename your "The Sims 2" folder "The Sims 2 OLD" in your ...\My Documents\EA Games\...
2. Then run and play game, it would take sometime to load your game because your game is trying to restore the default (The Sims 2). Once you're in neighborhood screen it's ok to quit the game.
3. Go to ...\My Documents\EA Games\... you should see two folders there, "The Sims 2" and "The Sims 2 OLD", in "The Sims 2" create "downloads" folder and place my hack there.
4. Play the game again. Enter to any family or create a family and should work fine now.

How about your favorite custom families and objects in "The Sims 2 OLD"?
5. Go to ...\My Documents\EA Games\... in "The Sims 2", delete downloads and neighborhood (backup this first) folder.
6. Go to ...\My Documents\EA Games\... in "The Sims 2 OLD", copy downloads and neighborhood folder to "The Sims 2" folder.
7. Play the game again. Test custom families. If it's not working, you have a problem with your neighborhood folder. It's up to you now if you want to start a new neighborhood or continue the old one.

Hope this help.
#66 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 7:15 AM
I don't remember why I reinstalled the game but it had nothing to do with your hack. I tried everything you said and it works fine so I guess I have a corrupt neighborhood folder. Thanks for all your help.
#67 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 10:15 AM Last edited by Tom Bombadil : 27th Jun 2005 at 11:08 AM.
More options for work at home
I have been looking about the site for a place to post this. I don't want to start a new topic, and this hack is very related.

Being a true computer geek, I hardly play a family where there is no computer in the house. I am suggesting more options for making money with a computer, such as the original Write A Novel piece:

Develop A Game/Program - logic
Develop A Game/3D Modeling - mechanical (as in technical or just creativity)
Develop A Game/Art - creativity
Develop A Game/Promotion - charisma

I am not sure this is even possible as this involves some progress - is not an instant action. If this is the case, would it be possible to atler the Write A Novel to Write A Program, and base it on logic skill rather than creativity? Perhaps as a different .package. When I come to think about it, anyone can then use an easel to earn money using creativity by selling the art.

Failing that how about a special computer for programmers. Oh, I am so desperate...
#68 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 7:11 PM
Monique - I have found the problem. In each of the neighborhoods that the computer didn't work right I had deleted all characters before I started. Just now, I deleted all characters from a neighborhood and then created mine. The computer worked before I deleted all characters but not after. Now we know what caused my problem, is there an easy fix? Otherwise, I will just live with it. Thanks again. Sarah
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 12:21 AM
Awesome hack Monique. Thanks for sharing!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 3:11 AM
Sarah1946,
then do post#65 again.

Tom Bombadil,
Nice idea, I'll think of it.
#71 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:28 AM Last edited by Sarah1946 : 28th Jun 2005 at 6:35 PM.
Monique - This one neighborhood I want without any townies so I'll just live with it. It works fine in all other neighborhoods. Just wanted to let you know that it is my game and not your hack that caused the problem. Thanks for helping me figure it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 4:42 AM
This really looks like some fun, thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#73 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 9:30 PM
Thanks so much this will become very useful.
#74 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 10:25 PM
Wow, this is great. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 4:38 AM
Not sure if anyone else has this but when I put this new version I don't have the college option, I have both sims 2 and ep.
Page 3 of 39